Footstool in 1A - Equinox??

rclibertygirl5

My opinions:

- all balconies should have footstools for comfort. I have no issue with suite levels having nicer furniture.

- if they are going by category they should be consistent. On my AQ sailing late November on Summit, we did not have footstools. On my AQ sailing a couple weeks ago on Connie, we had one footstool in a cabin located just a few doors down from the Summit room # (proving that 'space' was not the deciding factor).

- I think if space permits, there should be a chair allowed for each person in the stateroom. If I am paying for three passengers (and the third person fare is now pretty substantial), then I should have three chairs on the balcony, space permitting. For heavens sake, they could have inexpensive folding chairs available for use in this situation.

I just checked the M class sticky. Even A1 staterooms do not have footstools but chairs that recline..... but I don't think they are lounge chairs. Seems strange that concierge class would get footstools but Aqua class cannot. I understand the balconies are not very large but I would think for the extra $$$$ all Aqua guests should be able to have a footstool if they so choose. :confused: :rolleyes:

I don't know if you've ever stayed in one of those new A1 cabins on M class, but the miniscule balconies don't have room for footstools. They hardly have room for chairs. That's why I maintain that Celebrity's policy on footstools is stupid. They should put them on the balconies that have room for them. Period. End of story.

I would think that every cruise line uses the furnishings including balcony furniture as a differentiation. Suites sure would look funny if they had the same furniture as an inside cabin.

IMO it would be really silly to have even the same balcony furniture on a much larger and more expensive suite.

No one would expect the furniture of a full suite (loungers, chairs with footstools, a large table and 4 chairs, which was on our last suite balcony) to be on a small veranda balcony, but the addition of a couple small footstools to a regular balcony isn't asking much. I want to be comfortable on my balcony since I've paid thousands to enjoy my time out there.

Also I do not think most cruise line balconies have footstools as standard items.

I can only speak for Princess, but they do have footstools on their balconies.

IMO the standard balcony on the S class ships are superior to the ones on the newer Princess ships.

I've been on 5 Princess ships (not the Royal or Regal) and 2 Celebrity ships, but the standard balcony rooms are not the same. Celebrity's are long and very thin; Princess' are more square shaped. Neither are very spacious and the Celebrity cabins have very small closets. Always pros and cons when comparing different cruiselines but I'd hardly call Celebrity's cabins "superior." ;)

Edited by Go-Bucks!

If they did it based on the size of balcony using the smallest AC and CC as the standard then every balcony room would have them.

I would think that every cruise line uses the furnishings including balcony furniture as a differentiation. Suites sure would look funny if they had the same furniture as an inside cabin.

IMO it would be really silly to have even the same balcony furniture on a much larger and more expensive suite.

Also I do not think most cruise line balconies have footstools as standard items. IMO the standard balcony on the S class ships are superior to the ones on the newer Princess ships.

I agree. Celebrity have to do something to differentiate the cabins. Essentially all the standard balcony cabins are the same, save for the extra shower jets in AQ Class.

Paradoxically I actually find the balcony furniture more comfortable in a standard cabin than a Sky Suite. They have greater give in them with the webbing they use rather than the hard faux wicker in the Sky Suites. I always feel like I'm sliding off the seat in those.

As I said earlier, I find the blow up footstool a perfect solution if you really want one. It's light and takes up no space.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Bed, bath and beyond has the inflateable stools for 12.99....exact same stool Travelsmith sells for 19.00. I just may invest in one...I'll have to share with DH. :p :D

Thank you for this information. I will look for this. I have tried the basket under the bed with pool towel and pillows and it works very well. I also found a fold up foot stool at Home Depot, which is solid and holds storage, but it is pretty heavy. I found a small folding 3 legged canvas camping stool, which works very well on the beach, but again, is a little hard to carry in a suitcase. I will look at the one you have mentioned and see if it might work better.

Thank you for this information. I will look for this. I have tried the basket under the bed with pool towel and pillows and it works very well. I also found a fold up foot stool at Home Depot, which is solid and holds storage, but it is pretty heavy. I found a small folding 3 legged canvas camping stool, which works very well on the beach, but again, is a little hard to carry in a suitcase. I will look at the one you have mentioned and see if it might work better.

It's actually called the Go Travel Footrest and if you go to their website you can print a 20% coupon that is applicable to your purchase. :D I am not cheap, but I am frugal. :p ;)

15839517735691p?$478$

I don't know if you've ever stayed in one of those new A1 cabins on M class, but the miniscule balconies don't have room for footstools. They hardly have room for chairs. That's why I maintain that Celebrity's policy on footstools is stupid. They should put them on the balconies that have room for them. Period. End of story.

There is hardly enough room for my FOOT on those balconies. :D

Paradoxically I actually find the balcony furniture more comfortable in a standard cabin than a Sky Suite. They have greater give in them with the webbing they use rather than the hard faux wicker in the Sky Suites. I always feel like I'm sliding off the seat in those.

Phil

Which ship has wicker chairs on the SS balconies? Seems like when I looked at a photo of the S-Class SS, the balcony had the same furniture as the others. Do you have a photo?

There is hardly enough room for my FOOT on those balconies. :D

Which ship has wicker chairs on the SS balconies? Seems like when I looked at a photo of the S-Class SS, the balcony had the same furniture as the others. Do you have a photo?

But...some of the balconies are larger than other ones. I read the sticky and booked according to what people posted who actually had a bigger balcony. :D

But...some of the balconies are larger than other ones. I read the sticky and booked according to what people posted who actually had a bigger balcony. :D

6" - 1' wider. We have one booked for two upcoming cruises. ;)

Yup, once was enough in one of those cabins. In addition to no room on the balcony, the shower door leaks, the cabin creaks, and we had the world's worst cabin attendant. Only good thing about the cabin was eating in Blu.

We had a fairly good experience with our last AQ1 on the Connie. Never used the balcony to sit on. The bathrobe hooks were broken on the wall. Good thing I took my magnetic ones! Yes, the shower door did leak. :( Had no problem with squeaking, and we had the very best room stewards. They were husband and wife. :)

It's actually called the Go Travel Footrest and if you go to their website you can print a 20% coupon that is applicable to your purchase. :D I am not cheap, but I am frugal. :p ;)

That's the one I've got.

Sky suite

This is the best photo I could find with lighting to show the texture. The plastic they use is hard and a bit slippery. This was on S-Class. Not sure about M-Class.

61pg-vertical.jpg

Phil

That's the one I've got.

This is the best photo I could find with lighting to show the texture. The plastic they use is hard and a bit slippery. This was on S-Class. Not sure about M-Class.

Phil

Thank you for the picture. I have seen that one before, but without my glasses, I thought it was the same as all the others. :D When you said wicker, I was thinking more like the chairs on HAL or the type with the faux wicker arms. They don't look too bad. Do these recline? I actually do not like the other kind. I prefer the strap type.

That's the same footstool that I have for travel and the one I thought was too heavy to take for a quick flight. Doesn't look like I will need one of any type for the SS. ;)

Thank you for the picture. I have seen that one before, but without my glasses, I thought it was the same as all the others. :D When you said wicker, I was thinking more like the chairs on HAL or the type with the faux wicker arms. They don't look too bad. Do these recline? I actually do not like the other kind. I prefer the strap type.

They do recline although once again I prefer the ones in the ordinary balcony cabins. You either sit bolt upright or at the next notch a little bit too far back. Well at least that is what I felt. Hey, it sounds like I'm on a real downer about them. I'm not. Just in comparison to the "cheaper" ones. It's a first world problem, right?;)

Phil

I've been on 5 Princess ships (not the Royal or Regal) and 2 Celebrity ships, but the standard balcony rooms are not the same. Celebrity's are long and very thin; Princess' are more square shaped. Neither are very spacious and the Celebrity cabins have very small closets. Always pros and cons when comparing different cruiselines but I'd hardly call Celebrity's cabins "superior." ;)

When I said newer Princess ship I was reference the Royal and Regal, which our the newer Princess. You are Going to be surprised if you cruise in the standard balcony on the Royal or Regal.