Next cruise program changing again!!

Last October on the Allure I discovered this garbage - $25 OBC for an open booking. I did it because I was already there, but I no longer will waste time on future cruises for that paltry sum.

I don't get your comment. You don't have to waste time to get the $25 obc, just fill out the form and drop it in the box at the LA office. Twenty five bucks is better then nothing. You basically said you would take nothing over $25 bucks, interesting comment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't get your comment. You don't have to waste time to get the $25 obc, just fill out the form and drop it in the box at the LA office. Twenty five bucks is better then nothing. You basically said you would take nothing over $25 bucks, interesting comment.

Not really worth it to me either. I also throw away test drive gift cards and small sum survey offers.

You don't lose anything but you don't gain anything either.

If you keep the cruise that you did book while onboard you would be $100 ahead

yeah I think someone might have called it a win-win.

I would only give this offer one win. Fair enough, but not great.

Entices you to book a cruise you may not have in your excitement over 'free instant obc' that is not free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

To me it's really not the obc, which i still think is great but having to only plunk down $100 per cabin is the real upside to me. I usually book 2 cabins, 1 for the wife and I and one for our daughters, well normally that's $1000 with this it's only $200. Why tie up $800 of my money for a cruise booked in 2017? A lot of time I don't have an extra $1000 laying around for a deposit, $200 I can usually part with.

On my last next cruise (old way) I was just going to put myself in one cabin and one of my daughters in the other so I'd only have to pay the $200 but the rep reminded me that when I add the second people to the cabins the room would be repriced. I didn't want to chance that because I think I got a great deal. So I ended up paying $400 still not horrible but I like the $200 better. And yes my Oasis cruise cabins are now close to $1000 more each, so I'm glad I added the person back then. New way, I don't have to worry about that (from what I've read)

Everyone is complaining about the OBC on open bookings. Why not just pick a cruise and book it? You get the better OBC and you can still switch to different cruise later on. I have done it a couple of times.

As far as the new program, considering the time value of money, I would rather have my OBC when I pay the deposit. A $100 is worth more today than it is in the future......unless interest rates start climbing.

If you pick the get the OBC later I wonder if it will still be $100 total deposit (balcony cabin 7 days) or if will still be the $100 per person deposit.

Yes..... new deposit amounts for getting OBC later are per cabin. I'm currently on Radiance and can verify deposit on Balcony/JS for a 7 nt cruise is $100/cabin. GS and above is $200/cabin for 7 nt cruise.

Yes..... new deposit amounts for getting OBC later are per cabin. I'm currently on Radiance and can verify deposit on Balcony/JS for a 7 nt cruise is $100/cabin. GS and above is $200/cabin for 7 nt cruise.

Thanks- That's nice!!

Perhaps I am misunderstanding this but it seems like a no lose situation?

For example, say I'm on a cruise and I get to the last day and check my account with guest services to find I have a $100 bill to pay on my last day.

Instead of paying the bill, I pay a deposit of $100 on a future cruise which entitles me to $100 obc on this cruise and therefore I have no further bill to pay on this cruise.

And I have a $100 deposit against a future cruise. Even if I don't go on the new cruise I haven't lost anything as I've paid out $100 today in the form of a deposit instead of $100 today to pay my onboard bill?

Seems like a no brainer!!

You're not misunderstanding, and yes it's a no brainer. What we're seeing is differing opinions between the North Americans who have always enjoyed better booking terms and maybe don't see the new offer as an improvement, and the Europeans and others for whom this new offer potentially represents a significant improvement!

You're not misunderstanding, and yes it's a no brainer. What we're seeing is differing opinions between the North Americans who have always enjoyed better booking terms and maybe don't see the new offer as an improvement, and the Europeans and others for whom this new offer potentially represents a significant improvement!

You're being way too kind to us North Americans. ;):D

• 2 months later...

Well now, as of today my onboard booking for 7 nights in a Junior Suite on Allure in 2016 has been changed to 13 nights in an Inside on Radiance on one of the new Australian sailings just released.

I kept both the reduced deposit which transferred over, and the BOGHO offer, although in fairness BOGHO is the current offer, so not sure whether they transferred the original offer or applied the new one, but the result is the same.

All achieved via my UK based TA, and at a time when the UK does not have a BOGHO offer on the sailing I chose.

So what I was promised on Radiance early this year has indeed come to pass!:D

Edited by harz99

• 2 months later...
So if you book a b2b for a 7 day, than a 7 day how much will your deposit be?

Depends on the stateroom category. Figure two separate 7 day cruises.

Here are the OBC/deposit amounts:

•5-7 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $50

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $100

◦Grand Suite and above: $200

•8-10 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $100

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $150

◦Grand Suite and above: $300

•11-14 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $150

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $200

◦Grand Suite and above: $400

•15 nights or longer cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $200

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $250

◦Grand Suite and above: $500

So, what if you book a cruise very late, even last day of cruise, and aren't able to use all of the OBC on the current cruise you are on? Is it refunded back to your credit card?

Edited by denamo