I will admit I am pathetic but..

hospsafe

We have never done a cruise longer than 7 days. I realize that we don't go on our cruise for over a year but there is really nothing else to do on a rainy day but start to plan for it. So here is my question...gentlemen, how do you pack for an 11 day cruise to Northern Europe in the summer?

We have never done a cruise longer than 7 days. I realize that we don't go on our cruise for over a year but there is really nothing else to do on a rainy day but start to plan for it. So here is my question...gentlemen, how do you pack for an 11 day cruise to Northern Europe in the summer?

Answering as a gentlewoman :D: layers, just like you would for an Alaska cruise. Bring a gore-tex jacket for rain just in case.

One of the nice things about Princess ships is the self-serve laundry. We have done a Hawaii B2B (30 days) and a Caribbean B2B (20 days) and didn't pack much more than if we were going to be gone for a week. When we ran low on something to wear, we washed our clothes.:D

The self serve laundry feature was the deal breaker when I had to commit to Princess versus RCI several years ago. Since I was looking at loyalty perks etc the laundry thing was the ace. Now the fact you can combine OBC too has sweetened the pot! Working towards elite is such a chore! ☺

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We never pack more than 1 week's worth. That's why we tend to sail Princess -- the self-serve laundry. Just spend a sea day (early in the morning or just get lucky) doing laundry. That said, I can never make it into a carry-on bag only. Usually have my 26 in. bag, but layers and laundry is the trick, as many have said. You'll love the northern Europe itinerary.

We aren't far from the laundry..another benefit of having an aft cabin...what is the current cost of the machines? Thinking if i do laundry on the second of the three days, that will put us at about the 7 day mark from when we leave the states. It should also cut down on the rush on the 3rd sea day.

A light weight fleece was really key for me. I found a lot of days were either a shirt sleeves day or a shirt sleeves and fleece day. Barring the accidental application of food to my fleece, I could get a couple of days wear out of my fleece, topped it with a super light jacket that was wind and waterproof as required.

Most of the ports you're visiting I don't think will be that cool in July. Everybody's suggestions to bring layers makes sense. We were there in early September and at times it was fairly warm (think short sleeve weather). You want to be able to add and subtract. Probably the coolest temperatures you'll experience will be outside on board when the ship is moving.

A reformed over packer here. ;) We are doing Hawaii soon for 15 days plus 2 days in San Francisco. We will pack as if it will be a 7/8 day cruise. The laundry will be fantastic godsend for me (us) as we have 4 sea days at the beginning and 4 sea days on the return. With the dry cleaning service we should be good to go. Although there will be 3 formal nights, it will just add one extra shirt and tie for hubby.

For an 11 days cruise to Northern Europe, layers & laundry do the trick.

I do believe the pricing on the Laundromats have gone up. There is a posting here with pictures that shows $3.00 for each wash and each dry.:eek:

It still beats the price of extra luggage.:)

Just remember you will probably never see any of these people again so don't worry too much how you look as long as you are comfortable. Pack light and as others have said layers as the weather is not predictable. Have fun planning.

Just remember you will probably never see any of these people again so don't worry too much how you look as long as you are comfortable. Pack light and as others have said layers as the weather is not predictable. Have fun planning.

Don't quite agree. Should look nice.

But since you will not see almost all of them again and because they probably would not notice anyway, no need to have a different outfit for every day.

I always take longer cruises. We never go on anything less than 10 days. Here is what I do. I bring a rolling garment bag. As you can see, I bring a tux and maybe another jacket. I can stack pants and shirts on a couple of hanger.

Typically, I will bring for 14-15 day cruise 4-5 pairs of slacks and 6 sports shirts that button.

With the on board laundry, I can get them cleaned as needed.

I see your heading up to the north. Although it may be cool, it may also be warm. You may want to pack a pair of shorts and some light tees. Also bring a raincoat.

Remember inside the ship, the weather is always perfect.

If you organize, and keep things flexible, you should be fine. You certainly have enough time to prepare.

;)

I always pack way too much. I would go with the recommendations of packing layers, realize that you probably need more shirts than pants (I can wear pants for a few days without washing, whereas shirts you probably will just wear once). Neutral colors so everything matches is helpful, too! And a minimal amount of shoes...those weigh a lot!