Live From The Star Princess Hawaiian Cruise 3/21/ to 4/5

MTJSR

Neil and John just did a Q&A in the Vista lounge on crew life. If they do it on your cruise, go see it. Very very informative and debunks some CC rumors.

Maybe you could share some of those when you get home and have more time....?

Maybe you could share some of those when you get home and have more time....?

Thanks for everyones kind words. I will share the fun stuff after I get home and prepare a summary review.

Don't know how true this article is...but it is in print, so it must be!

http://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/what-it-s-like-to-work-on-a-cruise-ship-insane-hours-partying-and-more

Aloha Kakou,

Well, to put my $0.02 in...and I am someone who has worked on ships for almost 18 years...working on them currently as well as in the "old days"...some of that is VERY true...some of it is a slight exaggeration. Every crew member or staff member will have a slightly different experience depending on their job and depending on their own personal inclinations...but there was definitely some truths in there.

Aloha No,

Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

Aloha Kakou,

Well, to put my $0.02 in...and I am someone who has worked on ships for almost 18 years...working on them currently as well as in the "old days"...some of that is VERY true...some of it is a slight exaggeration. Every crew member or staff member will have a slightly different experience depending on their job and depending on their own personal inclinations...but there was definitely some truths in there.

Aloha No,

Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

Kokua Dave for chiming in. Give my aloha to Leialoha.

Ahoy Mark,

Great "Live From", I really enjoyed reading your "Live From" versus a lot of the others. This was expecially true since I know all the crew that you mentioned.

Cheers,

Herb

Hey Herb and Jackie, isn't that true? Much easier to relate. We had such a nice time in Hilo with you both. I for one sure got a taste for what island life must be like. You two are so lucky to have that big island as your backyard.

We disembarked this morning and boy was that the hardest. My nail marks go from the Portofino up to deck 7's exit doors. We ran into the Skywalkers crew as we walked down the ramp, as the bar staff was working the wheel chair brigade.

I hope to see you both again soon and thanks for helping make my cruise special.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...