Muster drills

Lulubelle45

But what if the whistle didn't work? How would you know until it's to late.

I'll take my chances.. Besides, I think the DW can make enough noise for the both of us.. :p

I'm glad she doesn't read these boards..

Thank you all for the advice. As i have never actually tried one on then I will be happy to do so. Such a small price to pay so to speak for peace of mind.

ATTENTION ---> THE FOLLOWING IS A JOKE AND IS MEANT TO BE FUNNY!

The life jacket is one of the free things on Princess Cruise Lines, however NCL is now charging for you to have a life jacket in your cabin.

ATTENTION ---> THE ABOVE POST IS A JOKE AND IS MEANT TO BE FUNNY!

On Princess, you will have to carry your lifejacket to the muster drill. It will be held in the various lounges. If you cannot stand for 20 or 30 minutes, get there early to get a good seat.

If there are no seats when you get there and you cannot stand for 20 or 30 minutes, tell one of the crew members. They will find you a seat. Usually, some more able passengers are willing to give their seat up for someone who needs one.

My wife would not be able to stand that long and she has to have a seat. Most of the time we go early to avoid the crowds in the elevators - she would have trouble with the stairs. However, we have never had a problem getting her a seat even if we were late and the seats were all taken.

It's always amazing to look around and see the people who are not following directions. They put on the life jacket even though they are instructed specifically not to do so. It's even more odd when someone decides they need to blow their whistle. Ewwwwwwwwwww........ Who knows what is on that thing or how many other clowns have put it in their mouth.

On our cruise last month on the Grand, our muster station leader actually made a comment on the PA before the drill started that they don't clean the whistles. It got a bit of a laugh/groan from the crowd but no one tried to blow it.

ATTENTION ---> THE FOLLOWING IS A JOKE AND IS MEANT TO BE FUNNY!

The life jacket is one of the free things on Princess Cruise Lines, however NCL is now charging for you to have a life jacket in your cabin.

ATTENTION ---> THE ABOVE POST IS A JOKE AND IS MEANT TO BE FUNNY!

Oh, I get it now, lol.

We arrived on the Crown Princess 3 days late in February this year. We had just dumped our stuff in the cabin when we received a phone call to first come to the Passenger Service Desk to show our passports and turn in our Mexican Visa's before going to the life jacket drill in the Wheel House Bar.

The was done before the Crown sailed out of port that day.

So, princess does want everyone to attend the drill.

Bob

On our cruise last month on the Grand, our muster station leader actually made a comment on the PA before the drill started that they don't clean the whistles. It got a bit of a laugh/groan from the crowd but no one tried to blow it.

I always toot mine with a cupped hand before the show and you'll always get a few others to blow theirs in response. :D:D

In February on the Royal we were hoping that we would not have to attend as we have done many Princess cruises. No such luck.
The only times we've been able to get out of going to the muster drill was on the second leg of back-to-back cruises. Muster drills are required by the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS). A cruise line that did not require newly arriving passengers to attend would be in violation of SOLAS and opening itself up to liability in the event that something happened.

Princess requires that you bring your life vest to the muster drill. However you do not put on the vest until they tell you to. You will muster in a designated location (i.e explorers lounge). You will not go to the life boats. You will also have your cruise card scanned at the muster. It is mandatory for all passengers or all passengers even if you have sailed with Princess in the past.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean

The muster is mandatory for all passengers even if you are a past Princess cruiser. It is held in a designated location (i.e. Explorers Lounge, Crown Grill, etch.). You will not go to the life boats. You will be required to have your life vest with you but you will not put them on until you are directed to after a demonstration by the crew.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean

Edited by ChiefBoats

I never thought of that happening. I guess we will use our sanitizing wipes on the lifejacket before we take them to muster.

We were never asked to attend any makeup, only given a letter spelling out all the details that transpired during the actual muster.

That happened to us too in Rome. Our luggage didn't make it to the airport and we waited as long as we could for them to turn up but they never did. Last group on the ship, they gave us a card to say go to Explorers for a special muster but it never happened. I went to the passenger service desk to ask and they knew nothing about it.

That happened to us too in Rome. Our luggage didn't make it to the airport and we waited as long as we could for them to turn up but they never did. Last group on the ship, they gave us a card to say go to Explorers for a special muster but it never happened. I went to the passenger service desk to ask and they knew nothing about it.

Of course this is the same passenger service desk that always says there is no dining room open for lunch on embarkation day even though it is listed in the Patter.

Also listed in the embarkation day Patter is the make-up embarkation drill. On one recent cruise:

4:00pm Late Embarking Passengers Drill - For those who missed the earlier drill. Conference Room, Deck 6 forward.

If they cannot find the dining room information in the Patter, what makes you think they can find the make-up muster drill information?

Of course this is the same passenger service desk that always says there is no dining room open for lunch on embarkation day even though it is listed in the Patter.

Also listed in the embarkation day Patter is the make-up embarkation drill. On one recent cruise:

4:00pm Late Embarking Passengers Drill - For those who missed the earlier drill. Conference Room, Deck 6 forward.

If they cannot find the dining room information in the Patter, what makes you think they can find the make-up muster drill information?

That's the one we missed & there was no makeup scheduled.

That's the one we missed & there was no makeup scheduled.

They used to have the makeup drill scheduled the next morning. That changed after the Costa ship sinking and the makeup session now has to also be before sailing.

What Gets me is the amount of people who have had way to much to drink. They make as@@@ holes of themselves by being loud and think there funny when the talk is going on. Just ignorant people.

What Gets me is the amount of people who have had way to much to drink. They make as@@@ holes of themselves by being loud and think there funny when the talk is going on. Just ignorant people.

Hmmm... I've never noticed that on my Princess cruises. Perhaps I've just been lucky so far.