HAL website issue - graying out categories

DaveOKC

For about the last 3-4 weeks (or longer), when I go to check pricing by cabin category I find that while the category shows up on the first page, when I proceed on to get more details and check for cabins available, the pictures "grey out" and I am not able to go further in the process. My HAL PCC can get me the information, so I know they are not sold out (we just did this yesterday as a test).

This is not due to the Anniversary Sale either, as it has been going on for awhile now.

When will HAL wake up and fix this messed up website?????????

DaveOKC

Yesterday I was looking at prices and availability on the website for a particular cruise that I am already booked on because it was part of the Anniversary Sale that HAL is promoting right now. When I put my mariner number in, it grayed out the verandah category. But, when I signed out and looked at it without my mariner number, it showed me many verandah rooms still available. Hmmmmm.

I noticed the same thing last week. Did a search for a party of 3 for a suite that accompanies that many people - nothing was available for a certain date. Changed it to a party of 2 - same date - and bam! Suddenly that same suite is available.

For the cruise I'm booked on,every category except Interior is grayed out. My cruise isn't until April 2016. I thought it was weird too. If I put in specific stateroom numbers of other categories it will come up as available. It's very weird.

I check out our cruise (Feb 2016) almost everyday to see if there are any price drops and have been scratching my head for the better part of a week as when I got to the page for picking Room Type all categories except Interior and Neptune Suites were grayed out. I even checked the CC listing of Groups/Charters to make certain the ship hadn't picked up some huge group since we originally booked. Thanks to this thread I just went in and typed specific stateroom numbers in and went so far as to find 10 open cabins close to ours on Deck 4 including one of the coveted Aft facing regular veranda stateroom. Boy, HAL sure needs to fix their web problem and fix it fast. Had I been shopping for a balcony cabin I would have been tempted to start looking at other cruise lines. :eek:

Edited by larsen

I check out our cruise (Feb 2016) almost everyday to see if there are any price drops and have been scratching my head for the better part of a week as when I got to the page for picking Room Type all categories except Interior and Neptune Suites were grayed out. I even checked the CC listing of Groups/Charters to make certain the ship hadn't picked up some huge group since we originally booked. Thanks to this thread I just went in and typed specific stateroom numbers in and went so far as to find 10 open cabins close to ours on Deck 4 including one of the coveted Aft facing regular veranda stateroom. Boy, HAL sure needs to fix their web problem and fix it fast. Had I been shopping for a balcony cabin I would have been tempted to start looking at other cruise lines. :eek:

This is off-topic, but that thought in your signature line is terriffic! Thank you for that!

I am on Westerdam Dec 26/15. I have family members wanting to join us and I have been telling them to hurry up and book as they are selling out from the categories that have be greyed out. I contacted my TA looking for a balcony and mentioned on HAL's site they are not listed and she came back saying are a lot of cabins left.

People might not be booking if they don't see the categories that they want greyed out.

On some ships, every inside and outside cabins are greyed out until 2016. When I called HAL, the rep told me they are sold out. This doesn't make sense. When I go the the American Express cruise website I can book any of these categories with plenty of availability. They are losing business, but don't seem to care. I glad I am not the only one seeing this problem.

Well, all of you seem to be getting further into the web site than I am. Each recent time I have tried to open the site, I end up with a blank light blue page, even though the message "done" shows up in the lower left hand corner of the screen.

This is off-topic, but that thought in your signature line is terriffic! Thank you for that!

Thank you, it took me many years to finally figure out that happiness is a state of mind solely within ones’ own control. :D

Well, all of you seem to be getting further into the web site than I am. Each recent time I have tried to open the site, I end up with a blank light blue page, even though the message "done" shows up in the lower left hand corner of the screen.

Try clearing the cookies on your computer. I've had this happen and this is how I got it back. That being said, I know very little about computers so I have no idea why it worked [emoji4]

Like previous poster I like to check in everyday about my cruise which is Feb. 2016. Noticing the grey areas I went to my "big box site" and all categories were open. But if I wanted to add the special offer I would have to add $600 to my fare. It then increased my shipboard credit from my TA another $105 if I took the offer. Presently they are giving me $785

We will be onboard for 21 days so we are eligible for the big prize from HAL. $400 for excursions, $100 beverage card, $55 internet, $70 for the dine around pkg.

I am considering taking the offer, it will be out of pocket money upfront but less at the end and I will gain the $105 from my TA.

Agree that the site need improvement as it looks like the ship is sold out in so many categories, not good for business....

HAL is playing games ON PURPOSE with their so-called Inventory Control in case anyone hasn't figured that out yet ever since they changed over to their new website months ago..there's a thread about it on here..

as an example just go to the Canada/New England for the Maasdam and choose the 14 day roundtrip thruout this summer..it shows the inside outside categories Sold Out ..not the case..all smoke and mirrors..all the 7 day parts are wide open..just HAL's way of not playing nicely these days as one of the many changes by the new HAL group

as far as I'm concerned it stinx and will be just another lame brained idea gone awry by the NEW powers to be in Seattle

from what we heard recently many new changes will be forthcoming -unknown what they will be-and will not be received well by high level Mariners..we shall see

HAL is playing games ON PURPOSE with their so-called Inventory Control in case anyone hasn't figured that out yet ever since they changed over to their new website months ago..there's a thread about it on here..

as an example just go to the Canada/New England for the Maasdam and choose the 14 day roundtrip thruout this summer..it shows the inside outside categories Sold Out ..not the case..all smoke and mirrors..all the 7 day parts are wide open..just HAL's way of not playing nicely these days as one of the many changes by the new HAL group

as far as I'm concerned it stinx and will be just another lame brained idea gone awry by the NEW powers to be in Seattle

from what we heard recently many new changes will be forthcoming -unknown what they will be-and will not be received well by high level Mariners..we shall see

With the 14 day Collector's cruises, HAL has been doing this for years.

A certain number of cabins seem to be apportioned to the Collector's cruises solely, as opposed to the 7 day cruises.

So the Collector' cruises can be sold out, in a specific category, while the individual 7 day ones still have some cabins left to sell.

I think what you are seeing is standard.

Edited by SilvertoGold

been doing Collectors cruises for a long while..have never seen them listed as they are now so far in advance as Sold Out--which I know they aren't by any stretch..one by one they open them up..HAL is just playing games with their Inventory Control...back 5+ years ago or more it used to be listed opposite of the way they are now with preference to Collector's cruises as opposed to segments

HAL's website is still a mess - graying out categories.

Example on a cruise I am watching:

Vista - greyed out yesterday morning, open in the late afternoon, greyed out again this morning.

Neptune - open all the three above times, but SA (7 of them) available yesterday morning, no SA in late afternoon and 7 available again this morning!

Wake up HAL!!

HAL's website is still a mess - graying out categories.

Example on a cruise I am watching:

Vista - greyed out yesterday morning, open in the late afternoon, greyed out again this morning.

Neptune - open all the three above times, but SA (7 of them) available yesterday morning, no SA in late afternoon and 7 available again this morning!

Wake up HAL!!

i think it was a glitch. it appears to be fixed, at least on my end. i think it was an IT issue as it now shows catagories available. it took them a long toime to understand the issue. glad they did.