Farewell Celebrity Century (2 Threads Merged)

C 2 C

Hi Everyone,

We consider ourselves very fortunate to have many joyous memories of Century, and they will never be forgotten. I'm so glad that we sailed on her, one final time last year, with Arno, Lois, Orator, and so many other dear Cruise Critic friends. Century will be dearly missed. I so wish that Celebrity had spent a few million dollars on her, and kept her around for a few more years, but... that ship has now sailed.

Wishing Century many wonderful years ahead, in her new venture.

Edited by Host Andy

At least, she is '' staying in the (rccl) family''.....

IMO, she epitomizes the ''grand old lady of the fleet'' concept. We have sailed her X 3 and they were among the bext == X == cruises we were privileged to sail on. ..( quite a feat,since the others were all near perfect!!!;)).

I trust the Asian market will soon find out how lucky SkySea is to have her on as a ''start-up'' for their hopefully successful and growing fleet.

Good luck,Century.

So long

Edited by c-legs

I will miss the Century too I was on her for the first time in January 2014 and love being on board so much that I booked three cruises on the Century in 2014. I have many found memories of being on board and have made some great friends with some of the crew whom I still keep in touch with.

I wonder if the lines realise how many love the smaller size and timber and brass.

We were on her in Dec and in all honesty there wasn't much to fault, sure a few spots that needed a bit of a touch up but nothing at all really wrong with her.

If they had based her in Aus she may well have become my "go to" ship.

My one and only Celebrity cruise was on Century last August. We were blessed with the best week of weather all season- sunny every day except for a smidge of rain entering Hubbard Glacier. Unfortunately her age was showing as we had the closet door fall off and the toilet back up daily. We were given chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of wine for the inconvenience. Still sad to see her go, farewell Century!

Edited by Lulubelle45

Regret not sailing Century. I am sure we would have loved her. We did sail Mercury shortly before she left and it was one of our best cruises. The charm of the more mid-size ships will definitely be missed.

Farewell and calm seas, Century!!

Our very first cruise was aboard the Century in May 2004. With a suite and butler service it did feel like modern luxury. We fell in love with cruising. Each subsequent one has been compared and held to that standard that we experienced.

This was taken in 2009 on Century when you could eat upstairs....

it was in the buffet area but there was a menu and you were served

by wait staff.....they requested a 2.00 per person gratuity.....I think

it was one of the last times they had dinners served up there.

It was very nice......this was me with friends from our roll call.......

Janine, Geoff, Sandra and her Mom (can't remember her Mom's name)

and Lou and Nancy.

3497018905_f1b08d2b84_b.jpg

Like many others, Century was my first cruise - a 12 nighter roundtrip from Barcelona in 2010. Initially skeptical about this crushing thing, I was hooked the moment I stepped onboard. Ten cruises later, with 5 more booked into 2017, Century obviously made an impression, and converted me.

Perhaps the highlight of our cruising career was celebrating our 100 th cruise point (old system the equivalent of reaching Zenith back in 2008) and our 40th anniversary onboard Century from Amsterdam to the coast of Norway. Our favourite Captain Pagonis was at the helm. In the pre-Concordia event we had the good fortune of being on the bridge from Amsterdam to the North Sea and again while cruising the Fjords.

We were even featured in the Captain's Club News after our exceptional experience.

Century%20in%20Flam_zps3aaqonr4.jpg

Got to sail on the Century twice, in 2008 and last year with Lois, Arno and so many others. She will always hold a special place for me as my youngest daughter was a souvenir of the '08 cruise. And Arno, what a stunning photo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps the highlight of our cruising career was celebrating our 100 th cruise point (old system the equivalent of reaching Zenith back in 2008) and our 40th anniversary onboard Century from Amsterdam to the coast of Norway. Our favourite Captain Pagonis was at the helm. In the pre-Concordia event we had the good fortune of being on the bridge from Amsterdam to the North Sea and again while cruising the Fjords.

We were even featured in the Captain's Club News after our exceptional experience.

I remember it well.....We were on the previous two B2B and had just a weebit to do with your '' occasion''...and yes, RockStar...what can be said about him...he is to this day the best Master we could have had..

This picture, in Flam, remains a classic.

Enjoy your TA on Connie. How may B2B2B2B2B this time ?

Cheers

Claude

Edited by c-legs

Like so many others we have the fondest memories of our single Century sailing. We sailed with friends that we made on the Galaxy so what could be better! It was our first, and probably only, cruise in a RS. There certainly is nothing better than that too.

We have cruise buddies on this final sailing and they will eventually share their memories...bittersweet I am sure. So wish we were with them and the Century.

The last time we sailed Century (many years ago) I was just blown away by the best service and food I had ever experienced on Celebrity (which is saying something!). I really miss all the smaller ships we used to sail - Century, Galaxy, Zenith. Bigger is not always better. Farewell fine lady, you will be missed.

Hi Arno,

We love this image! Would we be allowed to showcase it on our Social channels? If you can upload it to CelebrityStorybook.com, we would love to feature it!