Need help...forgot something

ocean25

Hi all...I was wondering what do you do if you forgot something? Besides buy it. But was wondering can you and how do u have something sent in mail to a port...has anyone done this...I'm so mad at myself...is it worth doing? We leave tomorrow on masdaam N get to San Juan fri...help please....ty.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Have not done it but I suppose you could have it sent overnight to HAL's port agent in San Juan.

Hope you have a good cruise. Don't forget to wave to the webcam, the sail-away addicts will be watching and waving.

Edited by Scrapnana

I am not an expert with what address or who to exactly send it to. Depending on where you are sending it from you could fedex (till midnight from nyc or memphis) or ups (not sure what time but atlanta or louisville) overnight it for early am del. i.e. fedex first overnight 8am or priority overnight by 1030am. If you choose this option you could send it to your hotel if your staying in one or to HAL cruise terminal... sending it to San Juan will start to get a lot more pricey. Those overnight prices could be $30 and up. To San Juan would probably start @ maybe $100. All depending on the size and what you are sending of course. Good luck.

outside of a prescription that you absolutely cannot do without, there is NOTHING worth going through all that hassle to get shipped to the next port overnight. and your MD can get a new Rx faxed to the ship and you can get in filled locally( at probably some huge exorbitant cost)

We had to have a medication sent to Europe at last minute once. VERY expensive and BIG hassle. We ended up missing our first port because we had to wait in a specific spot in order to sign for the bottle.

If the item you forgot is not life/death, I'd say forget about it.

In 2002, we were on a long cruise and my sister was running out of diabetic meds. she was able to have her children send them c/o the ship in Honolulu. Not sure how she arranged it, suppose she consulted guest services. Two years ago, we embarked on an odyssey of six weeks, including four cruises. But we started with a cross country ride on Amtrak. Since my sister's income is much less than mine, I usually pick up the bills. thus, she didn't realize until we were checking in on Infinity in

San Diego that she didn't have her credit cards. It turned out that the little folder with the cards had slipped out of her purse and was on the floor of her car.

Our first leg was San Diego to FLL, and we were continuing on Infinity to Harwich. Numerous emails to my TA (worth her weight in gold) ascertained that Celebrity would not accept responsibility for receipt of the cards. However, they would accept medications/supplies. So, she/we arranged for her daughter to send a bottle of diabetic pills, and her glucose monitor in a Fedex envelope, and they tucked the credit cards into the package. She also arranged a car service for us from FLL to the Celebrity HQ, and back. They would not allow delivery to the ship. So, it is not as easy as you might think. EM

Even with my prescription meds, I wouldn't try having a bottle of them shipped to me. Having a prescription sent electronically to a pharmacy would be my choice, even with prescriptions I need daily. I can't imagine not being able to buy whatever it is that I forgot. It's not like you are leaving for your entire lifetime.

Since you had not left when you wrote that post I am assuming this is just theoretical. Really most things you can buy if you really need them. There are limited items in the shops on-board such as sunscreen and some clothing.

I recall going to a US pharmacy/drug store right near the port in San Juan, but just for general items. The only time I actually needed over the counter medication was in Cozumel and we found two pharmacies right in the port.

Other than that for must-haves like prescription medication, find the local pharmacy and they should be able to help you. If there isn't time before your cruise leaves and it is life or death, confirm onshore before you get on-board that someone can help you. Customer service on board can help you make arrangements for the next port.

Ok, now I'm curious! What did you forget that you can't do without for 7 days? If it's your ID's, then you could try to have it overnighted...but that's the ONLY thing I'd worry about having shipped!

Edited by cb at sea

Since you had not left when you wrote that post I am assuming this is just theoretical. Really most things you can buy if you really need them. There are limited items in the shops on-board such as sunscreen and some clothing.

Maasdam leaves from Fort Lauderdale and the OP is from Pa. so they may not have left on the cruise but probably weren't at home when they posted.;):)

CB, I'm curious, too but chances of the OP checking again are probably slim to none.:D

Edited by iheartbda