Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

Thanks Rich... That is not happy news as I rely on Dropbox for many apps... Will have to experiment and learn some new methods. I wonder if they will block iCloud as well. If you get the chance, would you kindly ask about that...

Thanks

Leon

Happy to do so, Leon. :)

Maybe now the test of the passengers will get the message to pay attention to the time. In Guatemala the other day we were 1/2 hour later than scheduled getting back to the ship because several people were wandering around Antigua. The tour guide was getting a little frantic. We didn't weren't late departing but still, then today we had a couple come strolling back to the bus 15 minutes late. While I'm not usually a person that is early for stuff, the idea of missing a bus or ship in a foreign country really helps me to think about the time!

On my last cruise we were parked in such a way in the port that I could get a birds eye view of the port. I could see for quite a ways. The stranglers strolled back to the ship several minutes after all aboard with no sense of urgency. It's truly amazing to me.

Edited by cruz chic

The Indonesian crew show is this afternoon at 3, which I think is great! I have a difficult time staying up for an 11p.m. show, and I imagine the cast does, too. Off now, to find seats.

I LOVE the crew show, whether Indonesian or Filipino. And I agree, 3pm is a much more reasonable time. Hope you enjoyed the show! :)

Someone at our dinner table tonight said that if it was the couple she thought it was, they might have just decided to have a couple of days in Huatulco before flying up to PV! Can you imagine doing that without even bothering to let the ship know!

Someone at our dinner table tonight said that if it was the couple she thought it was, they might have just decided to have a couple of days in Huatulco before flying up to PV! Can you imagine doing that without even bothering to let the ship know!

If this is true, they certainly should have taken their passports.

Anyways, very inconvenient for the ship! I'm glad the Captain didn't wait too long!

Thanks for the photos of the Westerdam in Huatulco!!

If this is true, they certainly should have taken their passports.

Anyways, very inconvenient for the ship! I'm glad the Captain didn't wait too long!

Thanks for the photos of the Westerdam in Huatulco!!

You're right, it really doesn't make much sense if that was their plan, not to take passports. I imagine they just got left behind.

We were told, at the Navigation Q & A, I think, that someone went in to their safe and got out passports and a credit card and left them with the port agent.

Thank you! That makes sense. I'd be afraid to be "stranded" in a foreign country. Sounds like you are all having an exciting trip.

Today we are in Huactulo, which is a truly beautiful and clean spot. Along with Lizzie and her husband we did something today that took us completely out of our comfort zone. Last year we had met up with a taxi driver called "The Brother", who spoke Spanglish and took us around locally. We enjoyed him so much that I arranged for him to meet the four of us this AM.

Hi, Sapper -

Sounds like a great adventure. We'll be in Huatulco in December. Can you share contact info for The Brother, please? If you would rather not post it here, you can email me at barb dot h at Comcast dot net.

Thanks!

Barb

This is the little boy I wrote about...the one holding the crocodile pencil case who went back to give DD a huge hug of thanks.

A picture truly IS worth a thousand words. And what a wonderful - and lasting, I hope - memory for your DD.

PS - Cute pencil bags! And so fun to whip up although I must admit I do not enjoy sewing in zippers. :p

Edited by zelker

great pic Vict0riann - thanks:)

more good news from Vict0riann......are you ready for this? There was going to be a special wine tasting tomorrow (and there still is), but it now conflicts with our cabin crawl since we had to change the time due to the mariner's receptions and lunch. So Vict0riann had to cancel explaining they had a prior commitment.

When Ingo (our cellar master found out) he asked Vict0riann and she explained and suggested a wine tasting for the Sail a Way Gang. Ingo is all set to do it for us :) He needs a minimum of 10 and we have 8 already. :)

What a great offer from our cellar master. All roll call members reading, give me a dingle if you are interested.

And I WILL be asking:)

We are setting it for the 26th - the day before San Diego (I think that is our only sea day before San Diego when some are getting off).

Tomorrow is just too, too busy. Mariners reception, luncheon, cabin crawl and the fun get together after.

Who knew sea days could be so busy?

Edited by kazu

Can't resist. Those that know kazu, know that she likes her flowers.

here are the ones from HAL for the room (pretty standard - although they have already been changed twice which is nice).

54e2e1c5b2f634fbb56a78fc09e59929.jpg

and here is the one I got when we docked in Puerto Chiapas. 50 pesos - about $3.75 U.S.

97d8cad0e51431c4a64ac73cf36cf14a.jpg

you gotta like it :)

A picture truly IS worth a thousand words. And what a wonderful - and lasting, I hope - memory for your DD.

PS - Cute pencil bags! And so fun to whip up although I must admit I do not enjoy sewing in zippers. :p

Barb, 1of4 had to cut the zippers to get them to fit. those pencil cases were a lot of work and sewn with a lot of love. She and her DD did them :)

OK another version..... the Dining Room manager (who is a friend so I tend to believe him) told us the couple did get back to the ship and he had spoken to them himself. So many rumours, are, circulating but I am sure they got heck, for not responding quicker to the call to report.

Edited by Lizzie68

OK another version..... the Dining Room manager (who is a friend so I tend to believe him) told us the couple did get back to the ship and he had spoken to them himself. So many rumours, are, circulating but I am sure they got heck, for not responding quicker to the call to report.

:eek: I hope their passports were NOT left at the port. :eek:

I just overheard a conversation in the Ocean Bar with the bartender...we definitely left 2 people behind in Huatulco. Now they have a whole day to make their way to Puerto Vallarta as tomorrow is a sea day. The bartender confirmed that their passports were left at the port.

we, once again, didn't hear any horns. This time we were in the Vista Lounge for the crew show.

Edited by dobiemom

Sitting in the Vista Lounge, we didn't hear much of what was going on, but we, and those around us, were watching ourselves on the webcam:

e89c14be6b25995f542beff2ad788582.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Super view, thanks for posting.

:eek: I hope their passports were NOT left at the port. :eek:

I was just thinking the same thing.

Can't resist. Those that know kazu, know that she likes her flowers.

here are the ones from HAL for the room (pretty standard - although they have already been changed twice which is nice).

54e2e1c5b2f634fbb56a78fc09e59929.jpg

and here is the one I got when we docked in Puerto Chiapas. 50 pesos - about $3.75 U.S.

97d8cad0e51431c4a64ac73cf36cf14a.jpg

you gotta like it :)

The flowers you got in Puerto Chiapas are beautiful.