Matresses on The Star

oskidunker

Anyone know how comfortable on the Star? Leaving Sunday

Mattress's on every Princess ship are replaced on an ongoing basis. There is no way you will ever sail on a ship with all new mattress's unless its brand new.

So it will be a crap shoot. Good luck.

Last month, my aunt and I shared a cabin on the Star. We had the beds made up as twins. She took the one closest to the bathroom and I took the other one. Her bed was hard as a rock, while my mattress was at least three inches taller. It was probably the most comfortable bed that I have ever had on any Princess ship. I was wondering how it was going to work out for the next passenger if the bed was made back into a queen? BTW, if your bed is really bad, sometimes they will bring you a new mattress. When we were on the Star last June, my dad's bed was so bad that he did get a replacement mattress.

Edited by partybarbie

We've only sailed 5 times so far but, unlike many other people on cc, we have never had a problem with a bed on a Princess ship. We sleep great. Of course we don't use a soft or mushy bed at home so that may have something to do with it.

I was on the Star Feb. 27-Mar. 14 this year in a Plaza deck OV.

I've always requested an egg crate mattress top for several years on Princess. For this cruise, I was told egg crates were no longer available; they have pillow top mattress covers. I decided to take my own egg crate "just in case". (I had the beds in the 'double' configuration for extra room.)

The mattress on the side of the bed that I slept on sagged badly; the pillow topper was of little use. My egg crate saved my often cranky back.

I was on the Star Feb. 27-Mar. 14 this year in a Plaza deck OV.

I've always requested an egg crate mattress top for several years on Princess. For this cruise, I was told egg crates were no longer available; they have pillow top mattress covers. I decided to take my own egg crate "just in case". (I had the beds in the 'double' configuration for extra room.)

The mattress on the side of the bed that I slept on sagged badly; the pillow topper was of little use. My egg crate saved my often cranky back.

The egg crates that were carried onboard all these years were getting rather gross. They are sponges for bacteria with no way to clean them. :eek:

I am sure you don't sleep on broken springs and steel rods either. :eek:

Exactly my experience with ALL of our Princess cruises....until last month on Star. Voila! we finally had a mattress that was NOT nerve-numbing or made me feel like I was going to roll off the bed. There was a pillow top; not great but better than anything Princess had offered thus far.

No problem with our mattress onboard the Star either from back in February. It's true they are constantly changing mattresses out, while waiting to disembark we watched as some sort of barge pulled alongside the ship and was loaded with old chairs and mattresses from the ship.