Shoes in MDR

Bernie Mev and Sketchers have these adorable flats in black, silver and other colors that I will be using on an upcoming trip to Alaska. They would work on any cruise and they make big feet like mine look tiny! It's a weave pattern and sort of ballet flat look but with tread. Super comfortable! Have fun!!

I bought these for a cruise last March, they are now my go to show for just about everything. I also have them in white (with a silvery sheen)ImageUploadedByForums1435329776.362772.jpg.c4d297e0612ed93ca4721f0e23aefe52.jpg. I bought them at Kohls (also have them at Dillard's). Brand is Sketcher Stretch Weave. They do run large, I sized down a full size & they're perfect.

Edited by awhfy

I bought these for a cruise last March, they are now my go to show for just about everything. I also have them in white (with a silvery sheen)[ATTACH]353599[/ATTACH]. I bought them at Kohls (also have them at Dillard's). Brand is Sketcher Stretch Weave. They do run large, I sized down a full size & they're perfect.

Dumb question?

Where and what is the tag? Skechers uses a sewn in plastic tag at the throat of some of its shoes. Wondering because I like going sockless and that plastic tag is irksome (gives me a heat rash). Cannot take it out, I've tried.

I bought these for a cruise last March, they are now my go to show for just about everything. I also have them in white (with a silvery sheen)[ATTACH]353599[/ATTACH]. I bought them at Kohls (also have them at Dillard's). Brand is Sketcher Stretch Weave. They do run large, I sized down a full size & they're perfect.

Oh my goodness those are cute!

Dumb question?

Where and what is the tag? Skechers uses a sewn in plastic tag at the throat of some of its shoes. Wondering because I like going sockless and that plastic tag is irksome (gives me a heat rash). Cannot take it out, I've tried.

No tag printed info

I only own and pack sandals and high heels. I don't even own a pair of "flats". I have no idea what I would wear "flats" with. I only pack dresses as that is just one piece of clothing to bother with for "one outfit", instead of like a blouse and slacks.

I have been on a few rocky cruises, but have never had a problem wearing the heels. Shoot, I even had a lady one time want to buy a pair I had on right then and there.

I only own and pack sandals and high heels. I don't even own a pair of "flats". I have no idea what I would wear "flats" with. I only pack dresses as that is just one piece of clothing to bother with for "one outfit", instead of like a blouse and slacks.

I have been on a few rocky cruises, but have never had a problem wearing the heels. Shoot, I even had a lady one time want to buy a pair I had on right then and there.

When you're no longer as young as you'd like to be, with dodgy knees, you will bless the existence of flats and very low heeled sandals or shoes. ;)

When you're no longer as young as you'd like to be, with dodgy knees, you will bless the existence of flats and very low heeled sandals or shoes. ;)

I am middle aged and in great health... I got into the aerial arts early this year! I wear flats on cruises. It is simply not worth a sprained ankle or worse trying to walk around in heels over thresholds, slippery decks, and in rocking seas. Plus they take 1/4 the room in a suitcase. Unless someone's footwear is really wonky (sneakers with a tux, rubber flip flops, etc.) no one even notices.

Hi Nancy,:) that is what makes us all different. I pack sandals too but I

don't consider them "high" and I don't wear regular "high heels".

As for what to wear flats with? I bought a pair of ballet flats from

Clark's and I wore them 99% of the time for evenings on my recent

cruise to Alaska. I wore them with slacks and long skirts and felt

totally comfortable. They have a wonderful footbed and there is

a little (1/4 inch maybe) heel so they don't feel "too flat" on me.

I do own a lot of wedge sandals but I don't consider the heel is high

on them.

Different strokes for different folks.:) I guess the shoe people love

all of us because we buy all different styles;)

I usually bring sandals, flip flops and flats. As we get older it is harder to walk in heels. You can bring sparkly sandals or flat shoes for evenings as well. Whatever you are comfortable with is what you should bring.:)

I took ballet flats and heels for dinners, even wore Vionic sandals (rubber like flip flops, but dressier) in the MDR at least one night. Ihave yucky feet, so I need a variety of shoes to accomodate the latest pains. None of my shoes were heavy (except the workout shoes), so they didn't add much to the baggage weight. It was a 22 day cruise, so I took very light clothes and not one person commented on my wearing the "wrong" shoes or even most of my clothes. Take what feels good to you.