How far in advance does Princess post excursions?

many cruises

We are sailing on the Ruby Princess to Hawaii in early October, 2015. Does anyone know when Princess will post their excursions for that cruise?

Every cruise is different.

We have had them open up 50 days before a cruise and as far out as 120 days. ;)

Princess will make their excursions available when contracts with their providers are in place. Some excursions for our Emerald TA embarking on September 26th of this year were posted seven months in advance...ports are being added as they become available.

Lew

Edited by -Lew-

We are sailing on the Ruby Princess to Hawaii in early October, 2015. Does anyone know when Princess will post their excursions for that cruise?

I'm booked on a cruise from Sydney to LA leaving April 19, 2016. The excursions for the ports in New Zealand are already available for booking, but that is most unusual. The ports in French Polynesia don't have any available yet and it could be a long time. Usually its 4 to 6 months ahead when they become available. I was very surprised the New Zealand tours were available, but I got an email from Princess about them.

We received an e-mail from Princess 2 days ago, saying shore tours are now available, but there is nothing in cruise personaliser This is for a cruise leaving from Sydney OZ July 14th 2015. Hawai/ Tahiti 35 days.:(

The excursions for the first half (southern Caribbean) of our B2B departing October 11th appeared on April 15th, the second half (eastern Caribbean) on the 22nd. Those cruises are early in the season and I think once Princess had their contracts in place with the vendors the excursions were posted. That makes sense since the competition (private companies) don't usually have the same time constraints when booking. I had reserved all but 2 of our excursions more than a six weeks earlier with private companies.

We were able to add our scuba diving in Grand Cayman to our 'wish list' for November but nothing else has opened up yet. We're diving with other members of our south Florida dive club on this cruise so we're all waiting and watching.

Edited by Diver2014

This has got to be some kind of record.

Got an email today that shore excursions were available to be booked.

Checked my August 27, 2016 sailing Singapore to Fremantle on the Dawn Princess and all the ports except Sihanoukville, Cambodia and Fremantle are available.

I had something like this happen in the past. I booked a few of the excursions very early. A few weeks later the ability to even view excursions was gone. When they reappeared a few months before sailing, my original bookings were still there.

George

A few cruises ago, the excursions were available to book about 70 days before.

What you can do in the meantime is check what's usually available for those ports. Many of those will probably be re-contracted for, at the same or a little bit more of a price. Then when the ones for your cruise come out, you can compare and may be able to book ones that you've been interested in.

This has got to be some kind of record.

Got an email today that shore excursions were available to be booked.

Checked my August 27, 2016 sailing Singapore to Fremantle on the Dawn Princess and all the ports except Sihanoukville, Cambodia and Fremantle are available.

I had something like this happen in the past. I booked a few of the excursions very early. A few weeks later the ability to even view excursions was gone. When they reappeared a few months before sailing, my original bookings were still there.

George

I would say there is a good chance there will be changes by the time you cruise.

Wow, it really seems to vary from cruise to cruise. I am booked on the Coral Oct 28, 2015 and our excursions appear to all be up already. This is the earliest I have seen for my cruises.

Edited by hpeabody

Our Panama Canal cruise is still over 200 days out but excursions became available to book earlier this week. I wouldn't have known they were available if I hadn't been checking our booking on a daily basis as there had been no e-mail from Princess stating they were available to book. So it does pay to keep checking on the status of excursions.

Jenny

We are on the same cruise and I'm checking 3 times a day sometimes 2. A little excessive. Nope. :) Will definitely post in our Roll Call when I see them open. I've had them open as early as 220 days (which we are well past) and as late as 90. Would like to be able to check this off my list.

Edited by cruiserjanet

It all depends on when Princess signs contracts with the service providers. We started booking tours for our upcoming cruise more than 200 days out, one ended up being cancelled so we had to switch to another tour and they have added more since they started, so I've switched a few others.

I keep checking to see if any tours I might like better show up.

At 149 days out there were no excursions available for my PC cruise. Now at 146 days out the excursions are suddenly there! I certainly didn't expect them to be available when I checked today but... Just goes to show there is no hard and fast rule.