Question on Craft Beer bar replacing Passport Bar

tbmrt

Not into beer at all....Does anyone know if martinis and mixed drinks will still be available at the new Craft Beer bar?

My understanding is that the Passport Bar is being replaced by the Gastropub. I know on Equinox I was able to get a glass of wine at the pub. Not sure about mixed drinks and martinis, but I would think so.

I'm pretty sure when we were on Equinox in Jan that Gastropub was not making any martinis, maybe a few regular drinks.

The Martini bar is only a short floor away from the Passport bar area. I think there is a nice curved staircase that would almost connect the two. Of course it doesn't open till 4, not sure what time the Gastropub opens. Seems to be a non issue.

I'm pretty sure when we were on Equinox in Jan that Gastropub was not making any martinis, maybe a few regular drinks.

The Martini bar is only a short floor away from the Passport bar area. I think there is a nice curved staircase that would almost connect the two. Of course it doesn't open till 4, not sure what time the Gastropub opens. Seems to be a non issue.

You are correct....Passport Bar is on 3....Starboard. Martini Bar is on

deck 4. portside....The atrium staircase is on 3, going up to 4 and 5....

Not into beer at all....Does anyone know if martinis and mixed drinks will still be available at the new Craft Beer bar?

Blasphemy! :D ;) Somewhere in this forum someone had posted a menu, but I can't quickly find it. If I see it again I'll link it here. :)

My understanding is that the Passport Bar is being replaced by the Gastropub. I know on Equinox I was able to get a glass of wine at the pub. Not sure about mixed drinks and martinis, but I would think so.

I was wondering the same thing. DW and I enjoy a cocktail or two at the passport bar listening to music before dinner. I know the martini bar is just one deck up but I have found it's not a good "fit" if you have the classic package.

I was wondering the same thing. DW and I enjoy a cocktail or two at the passport bar listening to music before dinner. I know the martini bar is just one deck up but I have found it's not a good "fit" if you have the classic package.

Martini bar also gets very crowded before dinner. We often went to the Passport bar which although busy you could find a seat somewhere in the atrium to have a drink.

It's fine if you order a cocktail with anything but premium liquor.

Gastrobar is also not open until later in the day. I was able to get Baileys in the pub.

I think the Passport Bar was open earlier than "later in the day" ? We usually get a drink there on embarkation , and Im sure I have had a morning tipple there on occasions as well as a coffee.. Does this mean there is 1 less venue open for those having a crack early?:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
It's in cellar masters on Equinox but they decided against it for eclipse and they've added fridges in passport bar. I will take some menu pictures etc and post them.

Thanks Tiggertastic that would be great - in disappointed tho, I was hoping for a while new Gastropub set up. I'm presuming the food menu is not applicable then :(

My understanding was that by putting gastro in passport instead of replacing it that gastro is open from lunch til about 4 then it becomes passport again

I will find out this week as I board on Thursday

I have a friend currently on the Eclipse and this is what he told me:

Just talked to one of the staff in the Gastrobar/Passport bar and here's what he said.

Two days ago they added a couple of wall coolers for beer and increased the beer selection somewhat.

For the remainder of this cruise the area will be called Gastrobar from 12:00 till 4:00, then called the Passport bar till closing. The food menu will be different between the Gastrobar and the Passport bar.

What's going to happen for the next cruise is anybody's guess!!! :confused:

The Cellar Masters remains as is for now.

I think the whole concept is in flex until Celebrity figures out something that works well.

I think they're finding themselves between a rock and a hard place

there has been demand for craft beers but the gastro on equinox is reported to not be busy so where to put the craft beers and how to keep the passport bar fans happy

It will take a few cruises, if not more, to decide what is best

As long as they don;t put the craft beers into the sky lounge, we will be happy. Love the atmosphere around the atrium area much better than Sky

Ok

The passport bar has now got 4 fridges, 2 contain the usual suspects found in all the other bars e.g. Stella, becks

The other two contain a mixture of real ales, IPAs, porter, stout etc. the bartenders are beer sommeliers so they ask what you like flavour wise and will select for you and they were spot on with their choices for us

The rest of the bar contains all the usual, spirits, wines etc

The food menu was available all day and they said that they were testing the times to best serve and not yet decided on the best although we came back tot the bar after 6pm and the food was not on offer