Cocktails?

kseks

Just wondering if anybody can recommend any good cocktails that are served on the ship? I get tired of the usual margaritas, chi-chis, daiquiris etc. I love a Miami Vice and hope they can make those....any suggestions for others? I had one once on a different cruise that was some sort of chocolate banana drink that tasted like a milkshake! Thanks for the help!

Just wondering if anybody can recommend any good cocktails that are served on the ship? I get tired of the usual margaritas, chi-chis, daiquiris etc. I love a Miami Vice and hope they can make those....any suggestions for others? I had one once on a different cruise that was some sort of chocolate banana drink that tasted like a milkshake! Thanks for the help!

Just ask your bartender for his/her best drink that suits your taste, sweet, tart, etc.

I like the Sunset martinis at the Martini bar, and the Chocolate Martini they make. Although........my Mixology app has an even better one and I'm going to bring the recipe and see if they'll do that one instead.

I've also asked a bartender to make something special for me, at times. I describe what I'd like to drink and they have fun making it. If you're already sitting at the bar on a stool and are engaged in some light conversation with the bartenders, they are more likely to have special requests. For example, I like dry wines but I like sweet cocktails. So I just always ask them to make them on the sweet side.

Once up at the Sky Lounge during the Elite cocktail hour the head guy on the ship for beverages/bars was circulating in the room. I asked about a Bellini (which is not on that menu) and suggested it could be. Hint hint. He agreed and made me one, himself! Thereafter, every night he was up there and greeted me with one in his hand. Guess who got a great tip the end of the cruise?!

So --- they are very accommodating and helpful. I suggest not looking for special drinks at the busiest time of day in the busiest bar - be sensible about it. I bet you'll have no issues finding some great new special drinks on board.

You may be thinking of a BBC. It's Baileys, Banana and Colada

When I first stepped on the Silhouette last year, I randomly asked for a mango margarita. I don't think I'd ever even had a mango margarita in my lifetime, but that's what I ordered. Let me tell you...it was one of the best frozen drinks I ever had. Even my snobby NYC foodie brother had one and loved it. Two thumbs up from us (well, four thumbs) :D

All of my favorite cocktails were the ones from the Molecular Bar: Coming Up Roses, Dragonfly, White Cloud, Lucky Cat, and Indulgence. But since Celebrity is phasing out the Molecular Bar and replacing it with the World Class Bar, I'm not sure what type of drinks they'll be serving there. The Martini Bar did a very good chocolate martini. I can't think of anything else that particularly stood out for me. But as others have suggested, it's always fun to tell bartenders what you like and see what they recommend. If you have the beverage package, it's a good excuse to try new things. If you don't like something, they'll just make you a different drink!

~ Shay

You may be thinking of a BBC. It's Baileys, Banana and Colada

BBC recipe

1-2 banana

2 oz Bailey's® Irish cream

3 oz pina colada mix

1 oz white rum

ice

chocolate syrup

There are some wonderful smartphone applications where you can list the alcohols you like and they suggest drinks. I use one that stores all of the liquors, mixers, etc I have in my bar...and then it tells me the various drinks I can make. You can always show the phone screen to the bartender who will mix the drink for you.

Sounds like the dirty banana that they serve on Princess Cruises

There are some wonderful smartphone applications where you can list the alcohols you like and they suggest drinks. I use one that stores all of the liquors, mixers, etc I have in my bar...and then it tells me the various drinks I can make. You can always show the phone screen to the bartender who will mix the drink for you.

Does that app use online data to look up the recipes? If so, It wouldn't be much use on a cruise unless you're prepared to pay outrageous data roaming charges.

If you have a Kindle, or the Kindle app for your smartphone, it would be better to buy a book of cocktail recipes, download it to your device and use that. You can skim through it ahead of the cruise and mark any cocktails that sound interesting, then they will be easy to find when you are onboard. No data is required once a book is downloaded to Kindle or Kindle app.