when?

Boatingmom

ALL other lines have their April 2017 itineraries open for booking. What is Princess waiting for? So I put a deposit on rCcl cruise but would love to switch if the price, ship, or itinerary are better. Anybody know when they will open or if the New ship will be included?

ALL other lines have their April 2017 itineraries open for booking. What is Princess waiting for? So I put a deposit on rCcl cruise but would love to switch if the price, ship, or itinerary are better. Anybody know when they will open or if the New ship will be included?

Try calling Princess and ask them.

For U.S. based cruises expect the 2016/2017 winter season will be announced sometime this summer. Princess publishes their cruise atlas in August/September each year. Princess announced their 2016/2017 Australia cruises this past week. No announcements have been made regarding the new Royal Class build except to state it is expected in 2017. The ship is being built in Italy, and if Princess follows previous patterns the initial voyages will be in Europe in 2017 before it crosses the Atlantic in the fall for the 2017/18 season.

Expect that initial fares will be high with no promos. Promos for April 2016 are just starting to show now so I would expect the same timing for 2017. For a standard 7 to 10 day Caribbean cruise two years in advance is really early. RCI has a number of ships that do the same itineraries from the same ports 365 days a year, thus they are able to predict the schedules.