Luminae - lunch

koolforkatz

I did get a return phone call and they said they were going to go back to the 3 meals each day. Time will time.

Thanks for the update. It really is the only way they could go with this based on their marketing.

I agree they need to do this, but am skeptical if they actually will. Based on how they've operationally rolled this restaurant out, it will be a big shift they need to make, more menus they need to develope, etc. They just don't seem to move very fast with changes like this. If they did, Specialty dining wouldn't have the same menus for how many years?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I did get a return phone call and they said they were going to go back to the 3 meals each day. Time will time.

If that's true, what great news.

Jenna - So not apps in Michaels? That was another reason why we went from a SS to a CS for our next cruise. No James Beard inspired apps huh? Ugh. Why do things that are promised just disappear. So frustrating. PS - The review of your last cruise was amazing. Thank you for it!

If that's true, what great news.

Jenna - So not apps in Michaels? That was another reason why we went from a SS to a CS for our next cruise. No James Beard inspired apps huh? Ugh. Why do things that are promised just disappear. So frustrating. PS - The review of your last cruise was amazing. Thank you for it!

We didn't ask for or see any food given to others except the breakfast on disembarkation morning, which was better than we had seen previously (salmon / bagels, better pastries). The only thing that was offered was the salty bar mix they provide in the little "bottles". The previous apps we had been offered were not great and if James Beard or a James Beard award winning chef inspired them, they should be stripped of their awards. Chips, Olives and other items they offered were less than special. Not a big deal to us as we always have shrimp or cheese and crackers (on alternating days) delivered to the Cabin the late afternoon, and Dee started to have a daily scone with cream as well with her tea in our Cabin. We tried to go to Luminae on an empty stomach so we could try (and review ;) ) more of the offerings.

As far as going from an SS to a CS it would be a no brainer for us on an M-Class ship, not so much on an S-Class ship, but as I've said, the other half likes the seperate bedroom, and Michael's Club does provide nice benefits you don't realize until you receive them, especially for less patient peiple like me ;)

The fact this was a Caribbean cruise and not really an exploration cruise really varies our cruising style. We cruise differently when we want to see things vs wen we want to just put our toes in the sand on a quiet beach. Incidentally, that is still where I wish I was today (the ship or beach), not mired in the pile of work BS I am :rolleyes:

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Merriem,

Thank you for the update but to be honest, I am sceptical in part because the speed with which Celebrity was prepared to renege on their own description of Suite Class less than a month after launch. My family are committed to travelling with them because we have already made final payment and the past couple of days has resulted in me seeking advice on the matter so lets see.

The one thing that does strike me is that the original 2014 announcement of Suite Class was under the management of the previous CEO Michael Bayler yet the retrenchment in the offering seems to be happening with the recent appointment of a new CEO. The high handed manner of the change to the proposition would not just be marketing getting it wrong but in my opinion suggest a change in corporate emphasis. I therefore wonder whether the new CEO is as committed to Suite Class or were the cuts to Suite Class to pay for the re-introduction of the chocolates at bed-time.:D

Merriem,

Thank you for the update but to be honest, I am sceptical in part because the speed with which Celebrity was prepared to renege on their own description of Suite Class less than a month after launch. My family are committed to travelling with them because we have already made final payment and the past couple of days has resulted in me seeking advice on the matter so lets see.

The one thing that does strike me is that the original 2014 announcement of Suite Class was under the management of the previous CEO Michael Bayler yet the retrenchment in the offering seems to be happening with the recent appointment of a new CEO. The high handed manner of the change to the proposition would not just be marketing getting it wrong but in my opinion suggest a change in corporate emphasis. I therefore wonder whether the new CEO is as committed to Suite Class or were the cuts to Suite Class to pay for the re-introduction of the chocolates at bed-time.:D

Corporate emphasis hasn't changed....it's still on the bottom line....but Celebrity HQ has a way of reacting quickly when it's warranted. I would not be surprised if the post saying they are returning to three meals a day (sea days or all days not sure) is very possible. The new CEO would listen to her sr managers who probably put together a good presentation that with the changes, they would be offering essentially the same as announced, but at a lower cost. To be clear, that's supposition on my part. I'm sure the posts here in the various threads were part of any review meetings held....and it's quite possible that we were persuasive in our on-going consistency.

Now let's wait and see if "celebrity cruises" gets the OK to post here with new news, if there is some.

Hi all,

We are excited about launching Luminae for our Suite Class guests. Luminae is now 100% operational across the Celebrity fleet. Beginning with each ship's next sailing, we will welcome our Suite Class guests for three meals a day, beginning with lunch on embarkation day.

That's good news. We have 3 cruises on the books all in suites based on the initial advertising of the product. Prior to this we were very loyal Disney suite people but we're branching away from that. I am truly hopeful for a suite experience. We are not loyal to Celebrity, but we'd like to be.

joanne

Hi all,

We are excited about launching Luminae for our Suite Class guests. Luminae is now 100% operational across the Celebrity fleet. Beginning with each ship's next sailing, we will welcome our Suite Class guests for three meals a day, beginning with lunch on embarkation day.

That is great news. I am glad you are holding up to your original promises. Thank you Celebrity.

Did you really have a choice. You are only providing what you advertised when we all booked or upgraded our cruises.

It really is shocking that Celebrity has tried to dodge what was promised in the suite class launch. We have all paid bundles of cash to get rooms that qualify for Suite Class and the delivery gas been dreadful.

I don't know why I am surprised though!!

Gordon

Whether this stays as policy over the period to 2017 that we have cruises booked with remain to be seen.

This episode has made us make a huge rethink about whether this is now our cruise line of choice. We have done 9 in a row with 6 booked. We can't change those as they are UK booked. We lose our deposit which we don't want

Gordon

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

Can Celebrity also please confirm that there will be small bites served in Michael's Club as promised as well? According to recent cruisers there was no food in Michael's Club, which as you know, it states this is part of the suite experience for CS and above. James Beard inspired food.

Hi all,

Is this EVERY day?

Hi all,

Very impressive response IMO. Your participation on the cruise critic forum is very helpful for us. Thank you. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Celebrity Cruises for the quick posting. I am looking forward to trying Luminae again this summer. I appreciate the monitoring of the threads and trying to get our questions answered.

Hi all,

VERY looking forward to the Luminae experience in June on our Reflection sailing :) ...CAN'T WAIT!!!

Hi all,

Thanks for the update and I'm sure we can thank you for taking our comments to the appropriate folks so they could evaluate the situation. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision because there is a cost associated with this latest announcement...but, for what it's worth, I think it will turn out to be a profit plus for celebrity.

Thanks for your help...

Hi all,

I hope now that Celebrity have confirmed this, people will use Luminae for three meals a day and that it will not be empty at lunch on port days etc.

I hope now that Celebrity have confirmed this, people will use Luminae for three meals a day and that it will not be empty at lunch on port days etc.

they could make it an elite plus benefit. I think specialty restaurants are already discounted. But there are a lot of ways to leverage this. Plus I think the Tuscan and murano lunches were awesome. We paid for those.

Hi all,

What about those who cruised since Luminae officially launched under the new Suite Program in the past month, with the inflated prices, and not only did not get this, but other amenities in the new Suite Program?