Luminae - lunch

koolforkatz

I just logged into celebrity.com and took a look at our existing bookings. With the new suite class sailings of eight days or more include two nights in the specialty restaurants. I wasn't aware of that, so this was a nice surprise.

Does anyone know if you can choose which restaurants?

I just logged into celebrity.com and took a look at our existing bookings. With the new suite class sailings of eight days or more include two nights in the specialty restaurants. I wasn't aware of that, so this was a nice surprise.

Yes, you can.

yes

ocean view or mdr[emoji41]

Hi all,

We are excited about launching Luminae for our Suite Class guests. Luminae is now 100% operational across the Celebrity fleet. Beginning with each ship's next sailing, we will welcome our Suite Class guests for three meals a day, beginning with lunch on embarkation day.

I just read the below quote from May 12th on another thread. Perhaps some follow-up is warranted? I sure hope they get this implemented soon. Thanks to Celebrity Cruises for working so hard to stay on top of our concerns!

Just boarded Millennium in Vancouver today. Both Blue and Luminae were closed for lunch and Bistro on Five was closed "for maintenance". It seems like the more restaurants they have, the less choice they offer :/

PS. So much for Celebrity's statement on here that starting with the next sailing of each ship, Luminae would be open for lunch. #fail

Link to single post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46536659&postcount=4

Jane

We boarded the Summit on May 10th and did have lunch in Luminae. We were told by the MC concierge that Luminae would be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day of our cruise. Lunch is served every day from 12 until 1:30pm, and it has been wonderful.

We boarded the Summit on May 10th and did have lunch in Luminae. We were told by the MC concierge that Luminae would be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day of our cruise. Lunch is served every day from 12 until 1:30pm, and it has been wonderful.

Does the lunch menu change daily?

There is also a very large Charter group on board ( Waitrose) but I doubt the Suite dining room would accommodate all 1000!

More likely to be the TAs being wined & dined for promotion purposes.

It was the press. There were loads of reporters onboard

Not on our Eclipse TA. Not one lunch. And brunch finished at 1pm - just when we like to eat.

Onboard the Solstice now, and there is only lunch on non-formal sea days, plus embarkation according to the handout they gave us. Personally, I don't care and do think they need to get their dinner service down before they consider doing three meals a day. In my opinion, they are not ready at least on this ship.

Edited by melsdt

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

We are excited about launching Luminae for our Suite Class guests. Luminae is now 100% operational across the Celebrity fleet. Beginning with each ship's next sailing, we will welcome our Suite Class guests for three meals a day, beginning with lunch on embarkation day.

We just returned from our cruise on the Equinox, and contrary to what Celebrity posted here, there still was no lunch served in Luminae on embarkation day or sea days. They did offer lunch on port days from 12:00 to 1:00 pm, but most folks were off the ship at that time. We were disappointed that Celebrity did not provide what they promised - three meals a day, including lunch on embarkation day. On sea days, there was only brunch from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm, and dinner.

We just returned from our cruise on the Equinox, and contrary to what Celebrity posted here, there still was no lunch served in Luminae on embarkation day or sea days. They did offer lunch on port days from 12:00 to 1:00 pm, but most folks were off the ship at that time. We were disappointed that Celebrity did not provide what they promised - three meals a day, including lunch on embarkation day. On sea days, there was only brunch from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm, and dinner.

Leaving tomorrow on the Solstice and feel that the "official" voice of Celebrity on here either outright LIED to us (doubtful) or that Celebrity really does not give a S&%T about the promises they put out there.

Tom

Thanks for your timely post. I was thinking about booking a "fill in" cruise next year and was considering paying the extra cost just to try the suite benefits. Your post stopped me in my tracks. if we do book the cruise, we'll just slum it with others in verandas or aqua. I'm not going to pay more just to be frustrated over the ongoing inconsistency and sporadic communications about Luminae.

On cruise that ended May 26th, this was the Luminae schedule:

Embarkation Day - Dinner only

1st Sea Day - Brunch & Dinner (Formal Night)

2nd Sea Day - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

Ketchikan - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

Icy Strait Point - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

Juneau - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

Tracy Arm Fjord - Brunch & Dinner (Formal Night)

At Sea - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

Victoria - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

Astoria - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

At Sea - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

Debarkation Day - Breakfast (6:30-8A)

Why it is Brunch only on days with Formal Night, I have no idea as to their reasoning....

Anyway, this is how it was done on the Infinity.

We were on the May 1 Solstice cruise and it was a pain keeping track on which meals were offered. Surprised breakfast offered last day, but it was very good. Never saw any table side prep or had it offered. Ordered off the general menu several nights but food was still excellent.

So the Luminae schedule, like everything else, seems to be ship specific (and probably dining room management specific). :(

Karen - Celebrity has become totally inconsistent in their policies and practices. No one really knows what to expect when they board a Celebrity ship these days. I'm not sure what is going on, but it definitely is not a good thing. :(

It would appear that CelX maintain their consistency here [emoji12]

They are Masters of inconsistencies [emoji32]

Does each boat just do its own thing or can Miami not get the same message to the massive number of boats they 'control'[emoji12]

It would appear that CelX maintain their consistency here [emoji12]

They are Masters of inconsistencies [emoji32]

Does each boat just do its own thing or can Miami not get the same message to the massive number of boats they 'control'[emoji12]

Just to demonstrate further the consistency of the confusion CelX are Masters at. This was posted on another thread ;-

We were on the May 18-29 Reflection Mediterranean cruise and dined in Luminae most nights. Service was excellent and never waited for a table. Food was very good although my wife did order off the MDR menu on two nights. Daughter and I dined off the Luminae menu and thoroughly enjoyed all the selections. They also were fully functional for breakfast and Lunch. Only minor complaint we had related to the chairs. The seat back is far away on the new chairs but they were quick to provide a small pillow for my wife. They were extremely accomodating to ensure everything was perfect.

Now which one of the posts do I guess will apply to my cruise next week on Reflection [emoji32]

I've been sailing on Celebrity ships since 1994 and there have always been inconsistencies, just as there are in hotel chains. If you notice, everything posted on the website gives general information with the disclaimer that your daily program will be your guide.

Yes, they should try their best to keep things consistent, but there are different Captains, Hotel Directors and Food and Beverage Managers who occasionally do things a bit differently depending on what is happening on a daily basis and what the passenger mix is dictating. For example, there are times when they made need some people for a particular group event or there may be a port where it is relatively sure that people will not be staying on board where they need to have some flexibility. There are differences in itineraries and ship board activities that change the need for staff participation. The idea that each ship needs to be an exact carbon copy of another is just not very realistic or desirable as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Ma Bell

Recently on Silhouette and found Luminae open for 3 meals on port days brunch and dinner on sea days. Never offered left side of MDR menu but any requests were willingly fulfilled. We thought the first brunch was neither breakfast nor lunch and certainly didn't return for the second brunch but overall were delighted with the staff, service and menus of the breakfasts and dinners.

Not the English way but if you ask they are happy to do their best. We will know how to deal with this much better next year on our Alaska cruise.

Relaxed atmosphere, excellent food and a great experience.

I've received different responses to my question as to whether or not the lunch menu changes daily.

Are there two menus which alternate daily, or is there a fourteen day menu as there is allegedly for dinner.

Now it seems like there are days on some ships that don't offer lunch on a daily basis, and if they do it's during a one hour window that ends at 1:00pm ( what's up with that? ). I thought lunch now officially lasted until 1:30, though it should be 2:00

One of the things I dislike about Blu is the arbitrary early end to breakfast service on many days...(9:00am).

One of the things I dislike about Blu is the arbitrary early end to breakfast service on many days...(9:00am).

I agree with all of the complaints about the inconsistencies having to do with Luminae but, for the record, breakfast in Blu is totally consistent, 7:30 - 9:00 on port days and 8:00 - 9:30 on sea days.

We are AQ/Blu cruisers and were very happy they created Luminae for suite guests......

This provided suite guests their own space with an advertised upgraded and special menu Some reviews show much progress in hitting the mark, but many do not.

Our hope was that eventually BLU would be reserved for AQ guests exclusively for dinner, thus eliminating any possible confusion about how suite guests are admitted on a space available basis.. On the best menu nights it can get crowded and confusing ...as each ship sets its own way to work it out.

With limited breakfast hrs and the dinner menu getting mid range reviews, it seems more suite guests will be coming to BLU for breakfast and for dinner regulary or on best menu nights..

hopeful they will eventually get that special place and leave BLU less congested at peak times.....once it is working well we may splurge on the suite experience unless we move up to Azamara...