I Wish Princess Would

trinaM

On the Royal and Regal:

a) Have all the elevators at each location (aft, center, forward) work off the same call buttons.

b) In the cabins do not have the switch for the light in the closet area also turn on the light near the bed.

Many of the fellow passengers were very upset with a passenger who "was allowed?" to bring her Pekenese dog onboard with her. No one is sure what she had to do or say to bring it on. Dog was wheeled around in a special doggie stroller and allowed into the dining room and all other areas. Owner also feed it from her plate in the dining room.

Many passengers are getting flee bites and some are outraged that the crew are expected to clean up the dogging toilet area.

This is NOT A SERVICE DOG, it is a pet and should not have been allowed on for the WORLD CRUISE all 111 days. Many passengers say that they would also like to be allowed to bring their pet along instead of boarding it.

One passenger said it ruined her cruise since she is especially frightened of small dogs having been bitten by one years ago.

For heavens sake fix the darn internet. In this day and age it is preposterous to have such slow access. Put the International Cafe on all ships. IMHO it is one of the best features. Did I mention fixing the darn internet and WiFi!!

Cheers, Kenn

For heavens sake fix the darn internet. In this day and age it is preposterous to have such slow access. Put the International Cafe on all ships. IMHO it is one of the best features. Did I mention fixing the darn internet and WiFi!!

Cheers, Kenn

Read my post #192 on this string. It is not nearly as simple as it may seem. All cruise ships have the same problem.

Dixon

Read my post #192 on this string. It is not nearly as simple as it may seem. All cruise ships have the same problem.

Dixon

Then why did they try to get customers who wanted faster speeds to pay a higher fee for their internet. When many complained the program was dropped. They can provide faster more reliable Internet if they want to. They just want to make more money from it. Yes it can be done.

Then why did they try to get customers who wanted faster speeds to pay a higher fee for their internet. When many complained the program was dropped. They can provide faster more reliable Internet if they want to. They just want to make more money from it. Yes it can be done.

Of course it can be done. By launching a bunch of new satellites, like I said.. Your name suggests some sort of tech knowledge. You should know about bandwidth limits and the number of individual devices that can connect at one time. The current satellites that are over the oceans are not exactly state of the art. RCI was planning on launching one over the Caribbean to solve this problem, (it was a hot topic 2 years ago) but as of yet, it has not happened.

Of course it can be done. By launching a bunch of new satellites, like I said.. Your name suggests some sort of tech knowledge. You should know about bandwidth limits and the number of individual devices that can connect at one time. The current satellites that are over the oceans are not exactly state of the art. RCI was planning on launching one over the Caribbean to solve this problem, (it was a hot topic 2 years ago) but as of yet, it has not happened.

While one can increase bandwidth, a bigger limitation with satellite is latency due to the time it takes the signal to go from the ship to satellite and back to land (something that cannot be changed) Improving satellite communications requires doing all kinds of things with buffering, acknowledgements, etc. This will improve uploads and down loads, but interactive activities are very limited by latency, even when they take very little bandwidth.

Many of the fellow passengers were very upset with a passenger who "was allowed?" to bring her Pekenese dog onboard with her. No one is sure what she had to do or say to bring it on. Dog was wheeled around in a special doggie stroller and allowed into the dining room and all other areas. Owner also feed it from her plate in the dining room.

Many passengers are getting flee bites and some are outraged that the crew are expected to clean up the dogging toilet area.

This is NOT A SERVICE DOG, it is a pet and should not have been allowed on for the WORLD CRUISE all 111 days. Many passengers say that they would also like to be allowed to bring their pet along instead of boarding it.

One passenger said it ruined her cruise since she is especially frightened of small dogs having been bitten by one years ago.

Sadly, these days it's possible to have almost any dog "certified" as a "service dog". They are listed as "companion dogs" and things of that sort. People claim they "calm them" and "help with their anxiety" and such things. Too many people abuse this in order to have their "special" dog get around rules.

I have no issue with real service dogs. It's people who just want their "little fifi" or whatever to cruise with them who peeve me greatly. Your dog is NOT special to me...

While one can increase bandwidth, a bigger limitation with satellite is latency due to the time it takes the signal to go from the ship to satellite and back to land (something that cannot be changed)

Given some of the other posts, I want princess to increase the speed

of light, and I want it for free!

Sadly, these days it's possible to have almost any dog "certified" as a "service dog". They are listed as "companion dogs" and things of that sort. People claim they "calm them" and "help with their anxiety" and such things. Too many people abuse this in order to have their "special" dog get around rules.

I have no issue with real service dogs. It's people who just want their "little fifi" or whatever to cruise with them who peeve me greatly. Your dog is NOT special to me...

I agree. There was a thread on the HAL boards awhile back on this. A woman brought her dog onboard the Amsterdam, I believe, said she needed it as a companion and took it with her to the MDR. She would then leave it in the cabin for hours alone when she went ashore :rolleyes:. The crew took a "hands off" approach, possibly due to fear of litigation.

That is why it can be done and Princess was going to it it a year or so ago. They backed off when people said they would not pay a higher fee. So the satellites must have already been there. And yes I have some knowledge of the issue.

That is why it can be done and Princess was going to it it a year or so ago. They backed off when people said they would not pay a higher fee. So the satellites must have already been there. And yes I have some knowledge of the issue.

Perhaps Princess was just planning to create a "fast lane" for a fee out of existing bandwidth and slowing down service to those not paying extra?

Dixon

Royal Caribbean is offering unlimited internet plans. Princess has said it realizes that people are expecting more internet, especially younger cruisers. They need to get with the plan. I'm tired of slamming down logout buttons in a (usually vain) attempt to save a minute. Ridiculous.

Royal Caribbean is offering unlimited internet plans. Princess has said it realizes that people are expecting more internet, especially younger cruisers. They need to get with the plan. I'm tired of slamming down logout buttons in a (usually vain) attempt to save a minute. Ridiculous.

I am one of those who cruise, in part, to be unplugged from the electronic leash of everyday life. I don't relish the thought of having to walk around compulsive texters and tweeters at sea to avoid their running into me, as I do on land. I realize, however, that Princess (and other lines) have to keep up with technology as many will refuse to cruise without it.

Just don't get me started on selfie sticks :(.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

On an extendable arm would be good for angling where you NEED the light!

Power points where they are easily accessible!

Crochetcruise :cool:

On powerpoints

A couple more would be nice and in a position that I can plug an adapter in, regardless of the shape of the adapter. Last year I purchased one that gave me 4 USB ports [Phone x2, Tablet x2, Camera all charge USB] but it was useless because the power point was so close to the desk you couldn't plug it in and still get the USB cable in.

On powerpoints

A couple more would be nice and in a position that I can plug an adapter in, regardless of the shape of the adapter. Last year I purchased one that gave me 4 USB ports [Phone x2, Tablet x2, Camera all charge USB] but it was useless because the power point was so close to the desk you couldn't plug it in and still get the USB cable in.

I use one of these Monster mini power strip which gets everything away from the receptacle. And it is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand.

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-MP-OTG400-BK-Outlets/dp/B000F9YN2M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1431737436&sr=8-2&keywords=monster+4+outlet+power+strip

Mike:)

I use one of these Monster mini power strip which gets everything away from the receptacle. And it is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand.

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-MP-OTG400-BK-Outlets/dp/B000F9YN2M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1431737436&sr=8-2&keywords=monster+4+outlet+power+strip

Mike:)

But I then still need adapters to Australian power points, my best bet is one US to AUS then some sort of power board, I thought the one I got was perfect multi adapters and 4 USB ports, just because of where the power point was it was useless.

cruises out of NY/NJ again..I loved the 9 day Carib cruises...

I do not count the Canada cruises, because they start too late in September

for me to able to go...I'd be able to do it if it was August...

. or sail out of Baltimore/Boston..I miss driving to port.

Bernadette

OMG! Me too. I just posted this same thing on another thread!:eek:

Marge

I listed a bunch of "I wish" items. Not one of them is a major issue. We sail with Princess because that is the line we started with and we were so very happy with that first cruise (and all subsequent cruises) that we see no reason at all to change.

There are many "I wish" items in life. They aren't "I need" items. :D

Ditto!😊