Celebrity - Why Confuse Us?

Oxo

In the past couple months this forum has been overwhelmed with two major topics.

1. 123 Package (Classic & Premium Cost Increase.)

2. Suite Dining Room (menu, breakfast, lunch and dinner.)

Celebrity - what are you trying to do to us, your guests? You have created so much confusion, conflicting answers or lack of, rumors, etc.

Remember Celebrity, you are the source of the information. If you disseminate incorrect/confusing information, only you can correct it. You should immediately take action to correct this and keep your guest informed in a timely manner.

Yes, there may be times when things do change and must change immediately without careful consideration of the effects. However, these two examples are not something that you as a Company should not have implemented without thorough consideration of the effects. Haste makes waste.

This forum is one major source of getting the information out to your guests.

Please try to do better and act accordingly.

What else needs to be said?

...another option would be, emailing directly to Celebrity for information in lieu of getting info here.

At minimum, you will know what to anticipate or expect as opposed to speculation(s) from non-official sources.

If the information received is incorrect, then you can point to corporate or its' representative for providing incorrect information or updates... and ask for clarification on your particular concern, if need be. Which may not be if your sailing is 90+ days away.

What more needs to be said? Well, I know someone will chime in on that one, but I will say try to enjoy your cruise, if you think it will not be enjoyable due to 'missing' advertized perks as expected, go on another line before final payment is due here.

I Am sure Celebrity is trying to do their best to make our experience a memorable one, but alas there is always something or someone who will try to change that and that is fine if we allow them too.

Celebrity has been very responsive to all my questions and concerns, even if I did not like some of the responses, I cannot wait to board iin 2/16.... I can only trust that everyone else will try to enjoy their sailings and get the expected responses they want as well...

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Bo1953

...another option would be, emailing directly to Celebrity for information in lieu of getting info here. At minimum, you will know what to anticipate or expect as opposed to speculation(s) from non-official sources. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for your input. I believe your recommendation has been tried many times and that is one of the problems. Even when people call Celebrity they get incorrect information.

We have done many Celebrity cruise and are Elite+. When we ask at Guest Relations and/or Future Cruise Desk we receive incorrect information, too.

I personally think it is a matter of training that adds to this misinformation.

Maybe others can add to this topic. I would love to see and hear from Celebrity on this topic. Do you think they will reply?

Where do you think their incorrect and/or misleading information is coming from? Their own press releases and their own website!

As I stated before, I address my concerns directly irrespective of advertizing and press releases and CC postings, this way I know exactly what to expect regardless of the fact if I like it or not.

While I look forward to perfection, I anticipate a great time overall... yes there will be a few road bumps.. not a problem. Just as long as I get to eat, drink, have some fun with family and friends who are joining us and make it home safely, it will be fine. If not, there are a few other lines we can choose going forward and not bat an eye.

After all, there will be a few thousand others on the ship I Am on, so I will not and cannot expect no hiccups... just :D

Some on another thread are commenting about no chocolates on their pillows at night etc.. well, we always request them for our cabin and more often than not they are there.. flowers, another issue but that can sometimes be managed too...

As for being confused, I rarely am confused before the sailing, just confused when leaving the ship asking myself what is the reason I Am getting off now? Oh, I forgot, I did not sign up for a B2B2B... maybe next time...

TIA..

I'm reminded of the old saying "You can't be Everything to Everybody"

I consider Celebrity to be a mass market cruise line and truth to be told, while they are not perfect, given what they are, expecting perfection just isn't realistic.

There are so many other vacation choices available, why not just move on ?

How many times have you cruised on Celebrity? It sounds like you have a lot of direct contact with Celebrity. However, Looking at your posting history you do rely on a lot of answers from members on this forum.

You are correct, I do rely on answers from members on specific types of information such as best side of the ship to be on based on experience, or cost of services in the spa.

For questions about expected packages and their costs, if any, or advertized or unadvertized services or costs where there is conflicting information on CC is concerned, I prefer to contact Celebrity directly as opposed to trying to figure it out otherwise. I realize that everyone's experience aboard ship will be different and may not reflect mine. I do value specific experiences on many issues I raise, but to engage about beverage package pricing or chocolates on my pillow are of no interest to debate on, for me or the group I travel with. It is what it is and we look to make the best of our cruise, that is all.

No offense or confusion is meant by any of my postings or inquiries.

Thank you...

Things went downhill quick here.

The original point is valid but also seems to relate to so many companies these days. We want the best price but when the out sourcing goes to poorly trained people we get frustrated. Emails are rarely answered and the only thing that most of us can do is decide if we are happy if the money we pay and the product we get fall into our parameters of being what we will accept.

I see the same levels of frustrations with consumers of a range of products and as we keep wanting cheaper prices and we have the ability to research online we are cutting out the jobs where people could actually take the time to help with questions. It is a dynamic market and that will make it hard to get consistent answers as things are changing all the time.

Enjoy your cruise at the price you are happy with. That is the only advice I can give.

Edited by goodycruising

IMHO the two issues identified by the OP are nothing to do with value or what is delivered to the customer.

Both are about people not thinking out the consequences of a change in policy/pricing before announcing it. With the drinks packages, they announced one upgrade cost, then back-tracked. With the Luminae roll-out, then announced a 3 meal offer, then back-tracked.

Given the variations in consumer protection laws globally, and the fact that people can be booking two years ahead, they need to manage their changes far more effectively. You can over-deliver and (most) people won't complain. If any lawyer (or affluent person willing to pay a lawyer) in the UK (and probably Australia) booked Suites on the basis of 3 meals each day in Luminae, then defending themselves in the UK courts could get very expensive for Celebrity, in addition to all the adverse publicity.

And most of those people won't know about the changed offer till they get on board and are directed to breakfast with ordinary mortals!

Stuart

Edited by Wiltonian

I thought I was very specific with my

Two specific examples. I'm not complaining, not changing cruise lines. I'm only trying to say and state the facts of what has happened with this cruse line. If you are satisfied with your experiences, fine. Don't tell us to move on, except whatever, or don't complain. Read this forum and you can see the frustration. Please try to add value to this. Not flame me.

Let's see, we are booked on a beautiful ship for 10 days, for close to the same per day fare as we paid in 1994. There are still venues to get a bite to eat included. All our basic liquid's are now included. No need to worry about expressing gratitude, as our tips are now included too. Then I guess they liked us so much they gave us back $750 from our fare, in credit on board.

And because we paid with their branded Visa we will get even more of the fare credited back to us.

Never in over 25 years of cruising have we experienced this! Pretty cool IOHO.

IMHO the two issues identified by the OP are nothing to do with value or what is delivered to the customer.

Both are about people not thinking out the consequences of a change in policy/pricing before announcing it. With the drinks packages, they announced one upgrade cost, then back-tracked. With the Luminae roll-out, then announced a 3 meal offer, then back-tracked.

This happens in all business. Yesterday I was on a conference call at work. We a test pilot for a new marketing promotion. The only question I asked was how do we order more supplies when we run out. The phone went to dead silence. Nobody thought about that. They have to get back to me :rolleyes:

Let's see, we are booked on a beautiful ship for 10 days, for close to the same per day fare as we paid in 1994. There are still venues to get a bite to eat included. All our basic liquid's are now included. No need to worry about expressing gratitude, as our tips are now included too. Then I guess they liked us so much they gave us back $750 from our fare, in credit on board.

And because we paid with their branded Visa we will get even more of the fare credited back to us.

Never in over 25 years of cruising have we experienced this! Pretty cool IOHO.

I am really glad that you have experienced such a fantastic experience on Celebrity. I know you are not alone. As we cruise Celebrity, too. In fact, we have done two cruises on X this year and have 1 more planned this year and 1 for next year.

So, what is your opinion of X confusing their guests with the two examples that I posted? Have you been following all the postings regarding those two subjects and the frustration?

I am really glad that you have experienced such a fantastic experience on Celebrity. I know you are not alone. As we cruise Celebrity, too. In fact, we have done two cruises on X this year and have 1 more planned this year and 1 for next year.

So, what is your opinion of X confusing their guests with the two examples that I posted? Have you been following all the postings regarding those two subjects and the frustration?

I have read most all the comments on the many Beverage pkg threads, and find them perplexing. Most of those confused were given the pkg as a perk and have no out of pocket $$ in the hunt. So what if the cost to buy the pkg increased, most did not. The coverage cap remained in place. Nothing confusing to my understanding.

The dinning arrangements for the suites is a work in progress and will evolve a few more times before things are etched in stone. It is not like anyone in a suite won't have a place to sit and stuff their face, but you would think it was so after reading some of the comments. I realize those booking an upper level cabin are investing a good size sum of funds. And I complement them on wise investment choices that allow them to travel in that fashion. But some of the statements are, unbelievable.

The world will not stop spinning if someone has to be served their crumpets in the slug MDR sitting by someone traveling in an inside cabin.

So if that room is the deal breaker, it is a sad state of affairs.

I have read most all the comments on the many Beverage pkg threads, and find them perplexing. Most of those confused were given the pkg as a perk and have no out of pocket $$ in the hunt. So what if the cost to buy the pkg increased, most did not. The coverage cap remained in place. Nothing confusing to my understanding.

The dinning arrangements for the suites is a work in progress and will evolve a few more times before things are etched in stone. It is not like anyone in a suite won't have a place to sit and stuff their face, but you would think it was so after reading some of the comments. I realize those booking an upper level cabin are investing a good size sum of funds. And I complement them on wise investment choices that allow them to travel in that fashion. But some of the statements are, unbelievable.

The world will not stop spinning if someone has to be served their crumpets in the slug MDR sitting by someone traveling in an inside cabin.

Thank you.

What can I add? Nothing, you are a Cheerleader. You are not confused with any of those subjects. Maybe Celebrity needs you to work for them. Then you could clarify it for all of those that were confused including Celebrity. Thanks. Topic Closed.

I am very confused abt drinks and restaurants like OP

I don't know whether to book online, or onboard or call

I have read way too many options and variables on the CEL threads

What can I add? Nothing, you are a Cheerleader. You are not confused with any of those subjects. Maybe Celebrity needs you to work for them. Then you could clarify it for all of those that were confused including Celebrity. Thanks. Topic Closed.

Me a cheerleader that has yet to sail At the Elite level, compared to an Elite Plus who has how many hundreds points?

As an old Celebrity Chef once said, The proof is in the pudding.

Thanks. Topic proved.

In the past couple months this forum has been overwhelmed with two major topics.

1. 123 Package (Classic & Premium Cost Increase.)

2. Suite Dining Room (menu, breakfast, lunch and dinner.)

Celebrity - what are you trying to do to us, your guests? You have created so much confusion, conflicting answers or lack of, rumors, etc.

Remember Celebrity, you are the source of the information. If you disseminate incorrect/confusing information, only you can correct it. You should immediately take action to correct this and keep your guest informed in a timely manner.

Yes, there may be times when things do change and must change immediately without careful consideration of the effects. However, these two examples are not something that you as a Company should not have implemented without thorough consideration of the effects. Haste makes waste.

This forum is one major source of getting the information out to your guests.

Please try to do better and act accordingly.

What else needs to be said?

Now add the Tips confusion.

I don't find any of it confusing. If there wasn't so much speculation about everything before anyone really has a concrete answer, people wouldn't be confused. It's the need for instant gratification that is the problem. Take a deep breath.

i don't find any of it confusing. If there wasn't so much speculation about everything before anyone really has a concrete answer, people wouldn't be confused. It's the need for instant gratification that is the problem. Take a deep breath.

;-) ;-) +10!

Most if not all of the confusion is from the passengers that are forum members. People who don't participate on these forums aren't confused or have any of those problems. They purchase their cruise, show up and enjoy it without all of the pre cruises scuttlebutt. Very few people sailing are member or participate in this site.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞