Captain's circle question

zilla627

I cruised with Princess in 2002, when I was twelve; I just booked my honeymoon trip with them, for November 10-20. As I understand it, a return cruiser gets a special thank you note from the captain, and a gold key card, along with the invite to the captain's circle party. When I am on the site, however; it says that this is my first cruise with them. How can I remedy this? I know the perks for my second cruise aren't anything too special, but would still be nice to take advantage of them.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by zilla627

Did you ask whomever you booked with (whether a TA or a Princess rep) to look up your existing Captain's Circle account? If not, you have probably been assigned a new number.

But that is easily fixed: log onto the Circle center-->select Member Profile-->select Cruise History-->scroll down to Additional Cruise Details and use the dropdown boxes to add your previous cruise, assuming of course you remember the ship's name and exact embarkation date.

Or you can just send a note to the Circle desk by going to Member Benefits-->Questions-->Contact Us.

Or call them at the Circle desk direct number on the website.

(If you booked with a TA they should be responsible for this, though most discount online and/or big-box ones wo 't bother--so I would be following up for myself)

Edited by fishywood

I cruised with Princess in 2002, when I was twelve; I just booked my honeymoon trip with them, for November 10-20. As I understand it, a return cruiser gets a special thank you note from the captain, and a gold key card, along with the invite to the captain's circle party. When I am on the site, however; it says that this is my first cruise with them. How can I remedy this? I know the perks for my second cruise aren't anything too special, but would still be nice to take advantage of them.

Thanks in advance.

I would contact Princess Captains Circle directly. ;)

Thanks in advance.

It's my understanding that people under the age of 18 don't qualify for the Captain's Circle.

I found this in the Terms & Conditions on the Princess site:

Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to participate in the Program.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/ccTermsNCondition.jsp

So your cruise when you were 12 wouldn't qualify you for the Captain's Circle.

Cruises taken before age 18 accumulate. Thankfully my widowed aunt loved bringing her favorite nephew on both Sitmar and Princess.

You can add the first two or three via the website. After that, phone and they'll explain how to submit evidence of additional activity.

It's my understanding that people under the age of 18 don't qualify for the Captain's Circle.

From the Circle Center FAQs:

(emphasis mine; I believe you have to be logged in to the Circle center to view their particular FAQs)

CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY

Question: Are children eligible to receive the Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle benefits?

Answer: Children under 18 years old are not eligible for membership into the Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle. Children will accrue a cruise history and will be properly recognized beginning with their 1st cruise after turning 18. Children under 18 are not eligible to receive the Circle benefits.

Thank you for your help guys, I'll probably just call and see if I'm eligible.

You are eligible as a child, my first Captain's Circle point was obtained when I was 11 in 1968. Just need to affirm you did actually cruise.

Regards John

This is correct. We just got off the crown our 3 year old has sailed 5 times so we were wondering why the blue card. We met the circle host and she confirmed nothing till your 18. It's two bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are getting ready to do an Alaskan cruise and it will be our 16 3/4 year olds 23 Princess cruise. Princess has kept track as has he and when he hits 18, he will be an elite. He can't wait to have a black card instead of the blue one:)

• 3 weeks later...

Their computer will not be able to find, and credit, your previous cruise if you have changed addresses since. As other posters have indicated, the Captain's Circle representatives are very helpful in resolving problems like this.

Definitely contact Princess directly. Whoever booked you should have ask if you had cruised before. On a side note, did you register with Princess too? Is it good? When my girlfriend and I finally decide to take plunge, we don't need anything for the home, so we're going to register for Princess Cruises so our guests can just help us have an amazing honeymoon. :) If you did register, let me know how it is!

Definitely contact Princess directly. Whoever booked you should have ask if you had cruised before. On a side note, did you register with Princess too? Is it good? When my girlfriend and I finally decide to take plunge, we don't need anything for the home, so we're going to register for Princess Cruises so our guests can just help us have an amazing honeymoon. :) If you did register, let me know how it is!

Congrats in advance. We didn't use the registry on princess' site, but I'm considering using it. I've looked it over a bit, looks good to me.

Got everything figured out with Princess too. Thanks for the advice.