has Bistro on Five increased prices to $10PP?

catspaw1

As of March this year on board Millenium the price was 7 USD and the quality both times was bad- I loved BO5 on board the other ships so looked forward to it- esp. on embarkation day to avoid the bedlam in the Ocean View Cafe. On embarkation day I found the quality very downhill - so I tried for second time- misshapps can happen always so I thougt. Well, also no very good- so now that price is 10 USD maybe it get´s better again!

I certainly hope so.:D

No-one was in it at all last summer when it was $7 so upping it to $10 seems like suicide for it. They should extend Cafe Al Bacio which was always rammed, not helped of course by the table hoggers!

No-one was in it at all last summer when it was $7 so upping it to $10 seems like suicide for it. They should extend Cafe Al Bacio which was always rammed, not helped of course by the table hoggers!

Unbelievable, can't they use the chairs like everyone else.:p

Yes, I have seen those who sit there for hours and read but also do not order anything at all.

The more we think of the Cafe on 5, the more it makes me think that Princess may have a much better idea. On many of the large Princess ships they have an area called the "International Cafe" which is open 24 hrs a day. They serve real brewed (in small pots) coffee, espresso drinks, special teas, etc. These are available for a fee but are free for those with coffee cards. At this same location they also have breakfast sandwiches and fresh bakery items for breakfast (and late at night), small sandwiches for lunch, Italian Gelato (for a very small fee). All the food is totally free! And to be very honest, having eaten at the Cafe at 5 a few times, and having spend many hours at the International Cafe (on the Ruby Princess)....Princess simply blows away the Cafe at 5 concept. And the Princess International Cafe is usually full of people all day and night long.

Hank

The IC is not a draw for us. We only eat 3 meals a day- light breakfast, lunch (outside is most preferable) and dinner. I can't remember the last time we "snacked" outside of a sushi plate in our cabin before dinner (early)

We have never been to BO5 but may have a look at the new menu in Oct. Our friends are "grazers" and like to have a little snack at the pool grill so they might be the type of people that would enjoy the IC.

Now there's an idea! Sort of replicate the ever popular Cafe al Bacio area to both sides and maybe also offer bistro type food like paninis, pastries, small sandwiches etc. Even keep some if the crepes, but then just charge a small fee for some items. Cakes, pastries and cold sandwiches would still be no charge, similar to current Bacio offerings.

Are your designers listening Celebrity?! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

Now there's an idea! Sort of replicate the ever popular Cafe al Bacio area to both sides and maybe also offer bistro type food like paninis, pastries, small sandwiches etc. Even keep some if the crepes, but then just charge a small fee for some items. Cakes, pastries and cold sandwiches would still be no charge, similar to current Bacio offerings.

I like that idea.:D

Remember who had the idea Celebrity Official please I need the money, want to cruise more!:)

The more we think of the Cafe on 5, the more it makes me think that Princess may have a much better idea. On many of the large Princess ships they have an area called the "International Cafe" which is open 24 hrs a day. They serve real brewed (in small pots) coffee, espresso drinks, special teas, etc. These are available for a fee but are free for those with coffee cards. At this same location they also have breakfast sandwiches and fresh bakery items for breakfast (and late at night), small sandwiches for lunch, Italian Gelato (for a very small fee). All the food is totally free! And to be very honest, having eaten at the Cafe at 5 a few times, and having spend many hours at the International Cafe (on the Ruby Princess)....Princess simply blows away the Cafe at 5 concept. And the Princess International Cafe is usually full of people all day and night long.

Hank

Just to add the coffee card on Princess is not free you have to pay for it and it entitles you to 15 specialty coffees and unlimited regular coffee. Personally I like the Celebrity cafe better because you can get coffee with liquor like Bailey's or Kahlua. I really didn't see much difference in the food choices. Most of the stuff at the international cafe on Princess is available at the buffet. Celebrity's buffet is very limited and I didn't really see any spectacular pastry offerings there which is probably why the cafe is over crowded.

Just to add the coffee card on Princess is not free you have to pay for it and it entitles you to 15 specialty coffees and unlimited regular coffee. Personally I like the Celebrity cafe better because you can get coffee with liquor like Bailey's or Kahlua. I really didn't see much difference in the food choices. Most of the stuff at the international cafe on Princess is available at the buffet. Celebrity's buffet is very limited and I didn't really see any spectacular pastry offerings there which is probably why the cafe is over crowded.

Big difference when you buy 15 speciality coffees on X. They run at least $6/cup. Whereas, on Princess you buy a card for $37. Do the math. Yes, some of the stuff as you call it is in the Buffet. However, it is free and not costing extra. X has nothing that compares to that on any of their ships. X's buffet is really not limited unless you talk about pastry. On S-Class buffet is very nice and has many choices of food.

Hi just to clarify all this I called Celebrity as we leave next week. They told me yes the price has increased on Bistro to $10PP but the MDR is also open for lunch. So we're headed to the MDR for lunch next week. Can't wait!

Either Celebrity misunderstood the question or the representative you spoke to was misinformed. The MDR is never open on embarkation day on Celebrity.

Either Celebrity misunderstood the question or the representative you spoke to was misinformed. The MDR is never open on embarkation day on Celebrity.

MDR not open on Port Days, too.

Big difference when you buy 15 speciality coffees on X. They run at least $6/cup. Whereas, on Princess you buy a card for $37. Do the math. Yes, some of the stuff as you call it is in the Buffet. However, it is free and not costing extra. X has nothing that compares to that on any of their ships. X's buffet is really not limited unless you talk about pastry. On S-Class buffet is very nice and has many choices of food.

With the beverage package perk that they have been giving away for the last 2 years plus the elite plus benefits is anyone actually paying for coffee on X? Yes and I was referring to the limited pastry selection in the buffet. Much better selection in their Cafe.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Coffees from Cafe' Al Baccio are included in the Classic and Premium drink packages though.:D

Aspens (coffees) are the best.

Remember who had the idea Celebrity Official please I need the money, want to cruise more!:)

You might get lucky to be shouted a coffee and a pastry [emoji5]️

Aspens (coffees) are the best.

Amen to that! Used to have one as a nightcap. But can't believe I didn't have ONE last cruise. Kept meaning too but got carried away with other frivolities [emoji484][emoji483][emoji484][emoji43]

Coffees from Cafe' Al Baccio are included in the Classic and Premium drink packages though.:D

Yes, just like the packages on Princess. I was not talking about packages, but when a person does not have a package. Not all passengers have packages. :D

We always avoid the buffet on boarding days and the Bistro on Five is our alternative. It's become a tradition with us to dine there on the first day. At $10, it's not a big deal.
Seems like it's always about a third full, quiet and good service. We will show up 8 June 2015 on the Reflection. Come join us!:)

Kel

[quote name='Oxo']Yes, just like the packages on Princess. I was not talking about packages, but when a person does not have a package. Not all passengers have packages. :D[/QUOTE]

X as been providing nearly every cruise with the drinks as a perk for the last couple of years.:D

[quote name='MicCanberra']X as been providing nearly every cruise with the drinks as a perk for the last couple of years.:D[/QUOTE]

True, although point taken not everyone takes up that perk. I was surprised on our last roll call that people were asking about the drink pkg...when asked if they didn't have it offered to them as a perk they said yes, but wasn't sure at the time so went with the OBC instead [emoji33][emoji38]