Sunburned in Denali

rslinky

Just a report from the land portion of our land and sea journey. Board the Oosterdam tomorrow. But arrived in Denali on Thursday and we have had 95 percent sunshine. Saw the mountain today without a cloud around. Saw five grizzlies at Savage River, two crossing the trail in front of us. We couldn't have asked for better weather. Now hoping the rest is as wonderful. Full report upon return. But back to our room to put lotion on these sun burned noses.

Denali is wonderful. We were lucky to have great weather and clear skies as well 2 years ago. We did a flight seeing tour over Mt Mckinley in crystal clear skies that originated in Talkeetna. So worth the money!

Enjoy your time in Alaska!

Edited by pmjnh

I'm happy to hear you're having a great time. The cool air is deceiving; all too often people forget that despite lower temperatures, the sun continues to do a number on their skin. Hope you brought some sunscreen as well as aloe. Have a wonderful cruise!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

How wonderful for you that you were able to see the mountain in all her glory! I'm so happy for you! I'm sure you know how fortunate you are that it happened that way.

When I was there (many years ago), I had the same good fortune. I will always remember flying half way up the mountain in such crystal clear weather. Magnificent.

Thanks for the report. Good to hear the weather has been good for you. We will be in Denali on the 22nd and I sure hope the weather will be good then too. We will board the Zaandam on the 24th. Enjoy your cruise!