Please help me decide-sky suite or aqua class?

pattycat1

Hello

My husband and I have booked an aqua class stateroom on Connie for an August sailing to Greece and Turkey. This will be our third Celebrity cruise, but our first in aqua class. We could upgrade (well actually according to our TA we will need to cancel the aqua booking and rebook a suite) for an additional $660.00 total.

With all the new buzz regarding Luminae, should we upgrade to a suite? We would probably do a suite guarantee only, which means we wouldn't have access to Michaels Club. Everyone loves Blu...and There is limited reviews/feedback on Luminae thus far. But, it is a suite and we've yet to be suite passengers on Celebrity. We will be celebrating my 50th birthday.

Please respond if you have prior experience with either or both categories. The aqua cabin is on Deck 11 with an aft balcony.

Please help!

Thank you

We have never cruised in a Suite in 25 years. Sure we would like to, but the cost diff has and still stands in our way. We are in Aqua this Nov only because at the time it was the same as a standard balcony, and we got all 3 perks.

Friends have eaten in Luminae and rave about the quality and service.

There are a few threads here on CC that pretty much say the same.

Is the food really worth the addition cost is the bottom line.

We just completed our first Celebrity cruise in a suite (Sky). While Luminae was fantastic, we decided that we'd not book a suite again. I didn't feel that the extra cost was worth it, and we didn't utilize the butler except to accept canapés and tea treats (though we were usually not n the cabin when he arrived to deliver). We really love AquaClaas and Blu. We missed the AQ jetted shower and the fog-free mirror, too! On the M Class ships, the balconies are quite narrow and we didn't have foot stools either. Now granted, AQ on the M Class ships won't have footstools either, but at suite prices it was something that we really missed.

Sorry, I think you were trying to talk yourself into the suite and not out of it. It's just our opinion. We decided that we're not suite people.

We loved the extra space in our aft Sky suite. The balcony wrapped around the side and back corner giving us a wonderful view of ports and the ships wake.

Loved all the perks such as going to the front of the queue when disembarking for shore excursions.

We didn't eat at Aqua, but our butler told us he could make a booking had we wanted to.

For a special birthday and given the relatively small price difference, I'd go suite.

Sky Suites don’t have access to Michael’s Club either way. Doing a suite guarantee just means that you don’t get to pick your room in advance-Celebrity will assign you a room at some point before you sail.

Whether it is “worth it” for the extra cost depends entirely on how you value the experience of what is being offered and what you’re looking to get out of the trip. I’ve highlighted the main differences that I can think of below. If you want to consider the tangible differences, consider the additional costs you would incur if you were to book some of this stuff separately. For example, would you pay $35-$45 per person to eat in a specialty restaurant one night? Because you get that for “free” in the Sky Suite rate if your cruise is 6 or 7 nights. It’s really hard to say what appeals to you. At first glance, I would say you should splurge and enjoy the upgrades since it’s going to be your birthday. But if you’re already a fan of Celebrity, then either category is going to be a pleasure to experience for the first time. You also should consider that you’re likely going to be focused on the land portions of your trip if you’ve never been to Greece and Turkey.

The main differences:

--Sky Suite is larger by 56 sq ft. It has access to Luminae as your primary dining room (3 meals a day depending on who you believe). You also get a free meal in a specialty restaurant for a 6 or 7 night cruise or two free specialty restaurant meals for 8 nights or longer. There is also a bottle of sparkling wine in your stateroom. There is also the butler service (which I found pretty negligible since I’m pretty self-sufficient).

--AquaClass has access to Blu as your primary dining room (for breakfast and dinner) and you get free entrance to the Persian Garden area of the spa. Some people think the latter this is a waste since the PG on the Constellation is an interior space with no sea views, unlike the one on the S-class ships.

These are not the only differences but are the ones that I think are the biggest.

I'm on the Equinox in September for a Similar cruise (13 nights) and just upgraded from a balcony to a suite guarantee. I've cruised Aqua and really enjoyed Blu, so I'm anxious to try Luminae, but the real reason I upgraded was for the extra room on a 2 week cruise.

FYI, I just upgraded last week and was assigned an S1 cabin right away, it's a corner aft with a wrap around balcony and I'm very happy with the location. We figure the walk to the elevator will help burn off some of those calories that always seem to settle on the hips!

Although we don't always book suites, we have enjoyed the experience and the little extras when we have. This is a special occasion, (happy birthday!) if the additional cost isn't an issue , splurge a little!

We've cruised in both, but mostly sky suites. We love it for the extra room in the cabin, because we are not people who merely sleep and change clothes in our cabin. We like to hang out there. With a sky suite, you can eat in Luminae. With Aqua you eat in Blu.

We don't book suites for the butler but now there is a double reason, the suite restaurant and the space. Aqua is very nice but we like the S1s at the back corners of the ship on S class. Perfect view and nice balcony.

Really I'd be happy in either one. Doubtful we'll ever sail in anything but AQ or Suite.

I can't give you feed back on Blu, but I have never heard complaints. From what I have been told, Aqua has many perks for the health conscience person, Shower is great, sauna, very health conscience food etc. Many good salads. lots of fruit and tender lean cuts of meat, My DW friend sez "Aqua keeps the Kankles away."

We on the other hand will only sail in a suite. We enjoy a nice hot breakfast on our balcony, the ambience of the specialty restaurants (this year is all complimentary we are in a Royal Suite), the larger stateroom, the attendance to you by the butler, the plush towels and very comfortable bedding and all the new suite perks that come with being in a suite. The price for this luxury is costly, but it is only once a year.

It comes down to personnel preference. Sit and compare the two. The website has a compare page. See what is important and go for it. Happy Birthday and keep on cruising!:D;)

Ok, done Aqua, basic balcony, concierge and all the way up to Penthouse.

I like the extra room, I enjoy (I'm English) the butler bringing tea and snacks in the afternoon. You can still eat in Blu on a space available basis.

I would personally always opt for a Sky suite.

It's not a class thing for me as some think of those of us who stay in suites. It's purely a space thing. I actually use my balcony a lot, I love to eat my breakfast there. If you an afford it, I would definitely do it.

The aft AQ balcony on deck 11 of the Constellation has no shade. Having been in the Eastern Med in late Oct it was very sunny. I can only imagine what the temp will be in August:hot and sunny.:eek:

Just got off of the Summit. We have sailed in Aqua last few times and enjoy Blu as it is small and quiet with good service and food. We booked a two week trip while onboard this time in a sky suite. I really wanted to try the new dinning room as it looked great and wanted more room in the cabin. I talked to the manager of Blu and he said we could also eat there if we wanted, just show up. It also comes with two nights in Normandy rest so we will see. Give it a try however on this trip it was 3 more, not cheap.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

While my husband and I were debating about our decision earlier today, I said let's see what the experts on CC say. We weren't disappointed. Such a valuable resource for novice and experienced cruisers. Always learning something new.

We've decided to upgrade to the suite!

Thanks again

While my husband and I were debating about our decision earlier today, I said let's see what the experts on CC say. We weren't disappointed. Such a valuable resource for novice and experienced cruisers. Always learning something new.

Thanks again

Congratulations.

Please come back and the us all about your cruise.

Thanks again

Happy Birthday and congratulations. It would be a "no brainer" for us at that price.

Enjoy your suite.

I think that is a really great deal on the upgrade!! We loved the extra space!! And loved the cappuccino every morning in our deck!!! Two specialty dinners and now Lumiae !!!Have a great cruise!!

Thanks again

At that price point, that is a great decision. Enjoy your suite cruise!

On a Summit cruise last November, I was able to find a suite at only $200.00pp more than Aqua Class, so it was well worth it because the suite (sky) included:

- one free specialty dinner

- dining in Blu

- extra $100 OBC

- butler service

- larger cabin with oversized closet, full tub, wider verandah

With the new suite restaurant, I would definitely book a suite again, provided price is right. In fact, I did find a great sale on a suite for a Mediterranean cruise in August, snagging a reservation when the price was only $100.00pp more than AQ.

I think that Celebrity's website is so unstable that there are frequently these crazy fares that only last a day or so before they get corrected.

I think that Celebrity's website is so unstable that there are frequently these crazy fares that only last a day or so before they get corrected.

Thats an interesting comment. On another celebrity thread people who booked through such periods have been accused of being dishonest. I don't see it like that at all.

Aqua or Suite - It all depends on the deal. You do get some crazy things coming up on the Celebrity site and I can only put that down to the software going haywire with fluid pricing.

Having been cruising for 20 years, the whole experience has been reduced to a mass market holiday. The food seems to have suffered the worst .The upside is that you get to see a whole lot of places during your 7 - 14 days

Pattycat1:

I just went through making the same decision as you. We are going next summer on Mediterranean cruise. However, the difference in cost between the Aqua Class and Sky Suite was $2,800. Definitely not worth it in my opinion.

If it was only $600, I would definitely consider it, but not for $2,800. Depends on your pocketbook and how you value the extras.