Is Jordan Peterson booked on a Celebrity ship in upcoming months?

elena7seas

Celebrity has been promoting modern luxury as an excuse to eliminate decent and talented entertainers. Their plan is to replace as many as they can with no talent DJ's that pound on a electric device amped up so loud that the distortion disguises their lack of talent. Their ideal situation eventually will be having a off duty crew member playing for tips. Actually I am in favor of that as the entertainment will improve tremendously.

happy cruising

I imagine most DJs fit your description....but the DJ on the Millie was AMAZING! Ron Roxstar did a bio lecture series in the theater on Marilyn Monroe which was fantastic. We went to his James Bond night in Cosmos and that was great, too. And on one party night, he sang the Rolling Stones and was spectacular. We had Jordan Peterson both in the piano bar and in the theater doing shows....two in the afternoon and one at night. He did tell us he was looking into performing more in larger venues. The piano bar seats way too few for his talent....and the piano bar on the Millie seats less than any other I've ever been in....never could get a seat where I could see him.

Andy

I think this new "direction" probably has more to do with dollars and cents (actually more the former) than with entertainment.

In house production shows and DJs are less expensive than talented performers.

Personally I think it's short sighted. ....

Production shows are very expensive to create and presumably not cheap to staff (although the cast members can perform other duties on the ship). They can run them for years, which can lead to an unfortunate situation where you see a show again that you remember walking out of the first time you saw it 5 years ago (happened to me on Explorer of the Seas). I do not consider a DJ a substitute for a theater performance.

It's hard to know what Celebrity thinks is "Modern Luxury" in terms of music around the ship.

Has anyone had any great musical experiences, outside of the theatre, on a Celebrity ship lately?

Nestor Santurio, the Flamenco guitarist was great on Celebrity Summit last August. As far as "big" shows Tenors of Rock were truly excellent.

Production shows are very expensive to create and presumably not cheap to staff (although the cast members can perform other duties on the ship). They can run them for years, which can lead to an unfortunate situation where you see a show again that you remember walking out of the first time you saw it 5 years ago (happened to me on Explorer of the Seas). I do not consider a DJ a substitute for a theater performance.

We went to the Behind the Scenes tour and the entertainment manager spoke. She was getting off the ship as she's been hired to produce the new production shows for Celebrity. She told us that all the current performers had been offered contracts from Celebrity. At another venue where the singers and dancers appeared for a Q&A, I asked about their future plans as all were getting off the ship in Vancouver. Two were "retiring", several hoped to get West End jobs, and one hoped to continue on a ship. The retirees were going back to New York to pursue other career plans rather than performing.

I think the inhouse thing is to replace the UK contractor, not put a DJ in the theater, but I do hope live music in the lounges won't disappear.

OMG, if Celebrity thinks that Jordan Peterson can fill Perry Grant's shies as a piano entertainer they are going to be sorry they let Grant go! On the last Eclipse

there was standing room only at his performances every night. Can't see that happening with the likes of someone like Peterson.

We went to the Behind the Scenes tour and the entertainment manager spoke. She was getting off the ship as she's been hired to produce the new production shows for Celebrity. She told us that all the current performers had been offered contracts from Celebrity. At another venue where the singers and dancers appeared for a Q&A, I asked about their future plans as all were getting off the ship in Vancouver. Two were "retiring", several hoped to get West End jobs, and one hoped to continue on a ship. The retirees were going back to New York to pursue other career plans rather than performing.

I think the inhouse thing is to replace the UK contractor, not put a DJ in the theater, but I do hope live music in the lounges won't disappear.

Was this a Solstice or Millenium class ship? I believe they have different companies doing the shows for each. I'll be on Summit in August, I'll have to go to the Elite backstage tour an see what they say about entertainers. Edited by MisterBill99

OMG, if Celebrity thinks that Jordan Peterson can fill Perry Grant's shies as a piano entertainer they are going to be sorry they let Grant go! On the last Eclipse

there was standing room only at his performances every night. Can't see that happening with the likes of someone like Peterson.

Nobody is filling anyone's shoes......neither person is going to be

on Celebrity. And when you say "the likes of someone like Peterson"....

I have never said anything rude about Perry.....I know he has his fans...

well so does Jordan......and his parents post on here.....maybe

you don't realize how that sentence sounds?:eek::(......I and others

think Jordan is terrific...he nor Perry Grant will be playing on Celebrity.

Nobody is filling anyone's shoes......neither person is going to be

on Celebrity. And when you say "the likes of someone like Peterson"....

I have never said anything rude about Perry.....I know he has his fans...

well so does Jordan......and his parents post on here.....maybe

you don't realize how that sentence sounds?:eek::(......I and others

think Jordan is terrific...he nor Perry Grant will be playing on Celebrity.

Lois is right -- this is not an "us vs. them" scenario. Neither Jordan nor Perry will be playing on Eclipse, in the future. But, I'm sure there will be a DJ onboard -- lucky us! :rolleyes:

FWIW -- as you can tell from my posts, I'm a fan of Jordan Peterson. But, I had the pleasure of catching Perry Grant's show on Christmas Eve (Eclipse Holiday Cruise). I laughed so hard that I had tears running down my face! I'm distressed at the loss of both of these talented performers. :( It's symptomatic of the slow erosion of live talent on Celebrity ships, IMHO.

Sorry about the typo! I meant to say shoes...shiny paton ones studded with rhinestones

Well, that's certainly tops on my list of important qualities in a singer.

Lois is right -- this is not an "us vs. them" scenario. Neither Jordan nor Perry will be playing on Eclipse, in the future. But, I'm sure there will be a DJ onboard -- lucky us! :rolleyes:

Agreed.

Edited by MisterBill99

We are big fans of Jordan Peterson and I was hoping to hear that he was booked on one of the Celebrity ships in the upcoming months.

He is a very talented pianist and a great entertainer. We have sailed with him twice, and really enjoyed his music, performance skills, and great rapport with people. He usually has a crowd around him when he plays in the piano bar.

I am looking at booking a couple of cruises, and I would be influenced by knowing what ship Jordan would be on.

I would appreciate any information that anyone has about his upcoming bookings.

Thanks!!

Sorry, I just saw this thread. Jordan is currently vacationing here in Nebraska. He is currently in discussion with some booking agencies and looking at becoming a main stage guest entertainer. Any news will be posted on his website, but as of now, he has no plans on returning to Celebrity this year. Thanks so much for all of the kind words posted on here!! I will make sure he reads them.

Sorry, I just saw this thread. Jordan is currently vacationing here in Nebraska. He is currently in discussion with some booking agencies and looking at becoming a main stage guest entertainer. Any news will be posted on his website, but as of now, he has no plans on returning to Celebrity this year. Thanks so much for all of the kind words posted on here!! I will make sure he reads them.

Hi Pete's Family:

Thanks for your post. Jordan has lots and lots of fans with Celebrity, and while happy for him, we are sad to lose his talent on Celebrity cruises. I for one, will keep an eye on his website.

We all wish the very best for him in his future career.

Edited by elena7seas

There's one final chance to audition for American Idol (and yes, I'm serious, I suggested this to Jordan when I saw him on Summit last summer).

It's hard to know what Celebrity thinks is "Modern Luxury" in terms of music around the ship.

Has anyone had any great musical experiences, outside of the theatre, on a Celebrity ship lately?

Eileen, the house band on the Infinity, D'Revelations, was great. Also several of the passengers who sang with them.

Love guitarists Ric Steel and Rob Ondras but haven't seen them lately on Celebrity. Have sailed with them twice--they were a big hit on both sailings.

Linda

5 o'clock somewhere? Can't remember if they were from down under :confused:

Sorry I missed your post......I know the guy's first names but can't

recall the name they used as their title. But one guy was Nick and the

other Cam. They are definitely from Downunder:)

There's one final chance to audition for American Idol (and yes, I'm serious, I suggested this to Jordan when I saw him on Summit last summer).

Bill....I told him the same thing so you are not alone:)

Sorry I missed your post......I know the guy's first names but can't

recall the name they used as their title. But one guy was Nick and the

other Cam. They are definitely from Downunder:)

Yes, Jordan is good friends with 5 o'clock Somewhere. She is actually from Denmark, I believe and he is from Ireland. They both live in London now.

http://www.blackburninternational.com/our_artists/groups_and_bands/five_oclock_somewhere

Edited by petesfamily

Jordan had standing ovations and full houses three times on our Millie cruise last month IN THE THEATER!!

Yes, Jordan is good friends with 5 o'clock Somewhere. She is actually from Denmark, I believe and he is from Ireland. They both live in London now.

http://www.blackburninternational.com/our_artists/groups_and_bands/five_oclock_somewhere

Hi:)....then the 2 people I saw were not 5 o'clock....I saw 2 guys;)

You must have meant to quote Kenevenpar:)

We are big fans of Jordan Peterson and I was hoping to hear that he was booked on one of the Celebrity ships in the upcoming months.

He is a very talented pianist and a great entertainer. We have sailed with him twice, and really enjoyed his music, performance skills, and great rapport with people. He usually has a crowd around him when he plays in the piano bar.

I am looking at booking a couple of cruises, and I would be influenced by knowing what ship Jordan would be on.

I would appreciate any information that anyone has about his upcoming bookings.

Thanks!!

Hopefully this does not violate this Celebrity board, but Jordan just posted this to his website: http://www.JordanPetersonMusic.com

"I'm happy to announce that I will be performing on Royal Caribbean International's Majesty of the Seas starting June 8 until July 17th doing 3 to 4 day cruises out of Miami. Come cruise with me!"

Thanks!

Hopefully this does not violate this Celebrity board, but Jordan just posted this to his website: http://www.JordanPetersonMusic.com

"I'm happy to announce that I will be performing on Royal Caribbean International's Majesty of the Seas starting June 8 until July 17th doing 3 to 4 day cruises out of Miami. Come cruise with me!"

Thanks!

Good for him. Tell him to come on Liberty of the Seas, October 22, 2015.

We really missed him on Summit last week.

Good for him. Tell him to come on Liberty of the Seas, October 22, 2015.

We really missed him on Summit last week.

So did we. We didn't catch all of the current onboard entertainment, but what we did see was a distinct let-down from the live performances -- especially Jordan -- on last year's Summit to Bermuda route. :(

Pete'sFamily -- those folks on Majesty are in for a treat! :cool:

Edited by wwcruisers

• 4 months later...
For those of you that follow Jordan, he is going to be on Princess Cruises, "Sea Princess", from Dec. 4 - Jan. 22. Hope this is ok to post on here.

Sure it's fine, but sadly I'm going to be on Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas during some of that time. Too bad they couldn't have hired him for that. And as much as many of us love Jordan, I'm not sure that we're prepared to switch cruise lines for him.