Is Jordan Peterson booked on a Celebrity ship in upcoming months?

elena7seas

We are big fans of Jordan Peterson and I was hoping to hear that he was booked on one of the Celebrity ships in the upcoming months.

He is a very talented pianist and a great entertainer. We have sailed with him twice, and really enjoyed his music, performance skills, and great rapport with people. He usually has a crowd around him when he plays in the piano bar.

I am looking at booking a couple of cruises, and I would be influenced by knowing what ship Jordan would be on.

I would appreciate any information that anyone has about his upcoming bookings.

Thanks!!

He has a Face Book page - Jordan Micheal Peterson - Musician/Band. He's even published his email address there.

And link to his website.

Seems he's currently on Millennium. EDIT: Oops, looks like he just came OFF millie 5/12. But turning to Eclipse 8/22/15 - 9/27/15.

On his FB page, someone asked if he would come back to Carnival, his reply

Right now I'm working on becoming a headliner and doing more big shows in the theaters, so there's a chance I could come back but probably not in the piano bar! Sorry!
Edited by cle-guy

Here are a few things from Jordan....

Sorry that the sound quality is not that great...he has a great touch on the piano....

Elton John Medley

"Forget You"

"Scenes from an Italian Restaurant"

Show Reel "Walkin' In Memphis, Easy Like Sunday Mornin', etc."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOX0fhGjXLg

He has a Face Book page - Jordan Micheal Peterson - Musician/Band. He's even published his email address there.

And link to his website.

Seems he's currently on Millennium. EDIT: Oops, looks like he just came OFF millie 5/12. But turning to Eclipse 8/22/15 - 9/27/15.

On his FB page, someone asked if he would come back to Carnival, his reply:

"Right now I'm working on becoming a headliner and doing more big shows in the theaters, so there's a chance I could come back but probably not in the piano bar! Sorry!"

Well, there you go. :(

Thanks everyone who posted. I still would like to see someone talented in a Celebrity piano bar. :)

Edited by elena7seas

The Eclipse is the contract that was just canceled so he will not be on those dates that are listed on his web-site.

It's hard to know what Celebrity thinks is "Modern Luxury" in terms of music around the ship.

Has anyone had any great musical experiences, outside of the theatre, on a Celebrity ship lately?

It's hard to know what Celebrity thinks is "Modern Luxury" in terms of music around the ship.

Has anyone had any great musical experiences, outside of the theatre, on a Celebrity ship lately?

Hi Eileen, there were 2 Aussies on my Solstice Cruise who sang and

played Guitar......I enjoyed them very much:) I can't think of their

names:eek: but they played in the Grand Foyer of deck 3 usually around

dinner time.....I would sometimes have drinks at the Passport Bar

and listen to them before going to dinner.

Oh, I so enjoyed Jordan as well and saw him on Century and Summit.

Too bad Celebrity is not renewing his contract:(

Last fall, on Summit, Jordan autographed his newly-released CD for me. Listening to it always takes me back to the coffee bars on Century and Summit, where Jordan always played to a packed house. :cool:

I was so sad to hear the news that his latest contract with X had been canceled. :( "Petesfamily" had also posted that Jordan was at home, taking some much-needed time off. I hope that they will come back and keep us updated on his future plans.

I've never seen Jordan Peterson perform on a Celebrity ship, but watched and enjoyed the E J medley that elena7seas posted. The Summit had a piano player named Peter, I think, who played at various locations around the ship a few weeks ago. I didn't enjoy his performances much. I'm a real Elton John fan and I cringed hearing the lyrics to Tiny Dancer mangled. Actually, I'm not 100% sure what lyrics he was singing, as he has an odd way of singing/enunciating/timing his vocals. You have to hear to understand what I'm talking about. I gave my dailies to a future Celebrity cruiser, so I can't be sure of his name, but this was the repositioning cruise.

I was so sad to hear the news that his latest contract with X had been canceled. :( "Petesfamily" had also posted that Jordan was at home, taking some much-needed time off. I hope that they will come back and keep us updated on his future plans.

That's really too bad. Any idea why? I was very excited to see that he had become a featured performer. His theater show the first night of our Summit cruise was excellent.

Jordan Peterson last year on Summit :-).

Edited by MisterBill99

Hi Elena,

Over the past 4-5 sailings, we've enjoyed the Celebrity theatre performances, the house band, and the guitarist (if there's one onboard - it's not always the case of late). Outside of that, with some exceptions - the entertainment has been fairly disappointing. We keep hoping things will improve, but they seem to be going in the wrong direction.

Of course, entertainment, like so many other topics - is subjective, so your mileage may vary :).

Hope this helps !

Celebrity has been promoting modern luxury as an excuse to eliminate decent and talented entertainers. Their plan is to replace as many as they can with no talent DJ's that pound on a electric device amped up so loud that the distortion disguises their lack of talent. Their ideal situation eventually will be having a off duty crew member playing for tips. Actually I am in favor of that as the entertainment will improve tremendously.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Celebrity has been promoting modern luxury as an excuse to eliminate decent and talented entertainers. Their plan is to replace as many as they can with no talent DJ's that pound on a electric device amped up so loud that the distortion disguises their lack of talent.

I'm not sure I understand your analogy there. But if it means getting rid of terrible production shows, I'm all for it.

On the topic of Celebrity entertainment, does anyone know if they're doing 54 Below at Sea with Broadway performers again this year?

Nope they cut that out to. What a shame. To get people of that caliber to entertain was terrific. We were lucky to see four different 54 Below performances on Summit

I was also told by Mark Preston - who has been a long time Celebrity performer (singer - formerly of the Lettermen) - that Miami told him they were going in a "different" direction with their entertainment and he was not sure if he would be performing any longer on Celebrity ships.

Not sure I like this direction.

It's bad enough they got rid of the guest lecturers on the Bermuda cruises. You can't get one good lecturer per cruise?

Come on Celebrity what is wrong with you?

I've never seen Jordan Peterson perform on a Celebrity ship, but watched and enjoyed the E J medley that elena7seas posted. The Summit had a piano player named Peter, I think, who played at various locations around the ship a few weeks ago. I didn't enjoy his performances much. I'm a real Elton John fan and I cringed hearing the lyrics to Tiny Dancer mangled. Actually, I'm not 100% sure what lyrics he was singing, as he has an odd way of singing/enunciating/timing his vocals. You have to hear to understand what I'm talking about. I gave my dailies to a future Celebrity cruiser, so I can't be sure of his name, but this was the repositioning cruise.

I believe the piano player you are referring to on Summit is Peter Rossetti. He played in Cafe al Baccio and MC.

Nope they cut that out to. What a shame. To get people of that caliber to entertain was terrific. We were lucky to see four different 54 Below performances on Summit

I was also told by Mark Preston - who has been a long time Celebrity performer (singer - formerly of the Lettermen) - that Miami told him they were going in a "different" direction with their entertainment and he was not sure if he would be performing any longer on Celebrity ships.

It's bad enough they got rid of the guest lecturers on the Bermuda cruises. You can't get one good lecturer per cruise?

Wow, that is very disappointing. What happened to trying to have a different style of entertainment on the Bermuda cruise for their "sophisticated" NY audience?

I really enjoyed our Summit cruise last year, and having Jordan Peterson at Cafe Al Bacio and Liz Callaway (one of our favorite performers!) as part of the 54 Below series were a large part of what made it special. I just booked the same cruise for this August and will be disappointed if the entertainment is poor.

I never went to the speakers so that doesn't affect me. What was that costing them other than a free cabin?

Edited by MisterBill99

I am disappointed to hear that Celebrity has cancelled Jordan's contract. That's 2 less piano bar performers. It is becoming obvious that Celebrity is not much interested in keeping their long time guest happy, but looking to attract those who enjoy the type of entertainment that Miami DJ provides. That coupled with the vastly increased fares, & the recent catering to suite guests, will be a factor in many cruisers choice of line in the future. We have an upcoming sailing on Equinox with Concierge prices now at $300 per person for an 11 night sailing! If they can sell those, more power to them!

Perhaps the new Edge ships will be designed with a much higher percentage of suites, in order to attract more of their target guests.

Hi CruisingChick,

I've also maintained friendships with several guest performers who've been so wonderful to Celebrity and their guests over the years. I'm hearing the same thing - in that Celebrity is "going in a different direction" and may be offering them little to no work. IMO, that's just wrong on so many levels. Do the decision makers not visit the ships ? Do they not see the standing ovations that performers like Mark Preston, Lindsay Hamiltion, and so many others always receive ? Or, are they just ridiculously stubborn, and saying "We'll do this our way". Who knows. Wish I knew what the heck Miami's entertainment department is doing, but I fear their idea of entertainment is DJ's, percussionists, and dancers in huge bubbles !

At any rate, let's hope the upcoming new production shows will offer an improved entertainment experience. I'm hoping for the best, but I remain concerned.

As for Jordan Peterson, we've enjoyed his extremely talented performances very much, and hope he'll find employment in the very near future.... either with Celebrity, or another brand. They'd be foolish to let him go.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Eileen, there were 2 Aussies on my Solstice Cruise who sang and

played Guitar......I enjoyed them very much:) I can't think of their

names:eek: but they played in the Grand Foyer of deck 3 usually around

dinner time.....I would sometimes have drinks at the Passport Bar

and listen to them before going to dinner.

Oh, I so enjoyed Jordan as well and saw him on Century and Summit.

Too bad Celebrity is not renewing his contract:(

5 o'clock somewhere? Can't remember if they were from down under :confused:

Hi CruisingChick,

I've also maintained friendships with several guest performers who've been so wonderful to Celebrity and their guests over the years. I'm hearing the same thing - in that Celebrity is "going in a different direction" and may be offering them little to no work. IMO, that's just wrong on so many levels. Do the decision makers not visit the ships ? Do they not see the standing ovations that performers like Mark Preston, Lindsay Hamiltion, and so many others always receive ? Or, are they just ridiculously stubborn, and saying "We'll do this our way". Who knows. Wish I knew what the heck Miami's entertainment department is doing, but I fear their idea of entertainment is DJ's, percussionists, and dancers in huge bubbles !

At any rate, let's hope the upcoming new production shows will offer an improved entertainment experience. I'm hoping for the best, but I remain concerned.

As for Jordan Peterson, we've enjoyed his extremely talented performances very much, and hope he'll find employment in the very near future.... either with Celebrity, or another brand. They'd be foolish to let him go.

Andy

I think this new "direction" probably has more to do with dollars and cents (actually more the former) than with entertainment.

In house production shows and DJs are less expensive than talented performers.

Personally I think it's short sighted. ....

[quote name=Host Andy;46615912

As for Jordan Peterson' date=' we've enjoyed his extremely talented performances very much, and hope he'll find employment in the very near future.... either with Celebrity, or another brand. They'd be foolish to let him go.[/quote]

Andy, from looking at his website, it's easy to see that Jordan is one of the hardest-working young men in show business. Last year, in between his Celebrity contracts, he did a short stint on Carnival. From the U-Tube clip I saw, of him performing Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody in their piano bar -- he was a huge hit on Carnival, too! :cool:

I definitely understood the post from 'Petesfamily' -- that Jordan was finally home, getting some much-needed rest. But, for Jordan 'rest' probably means working on another production show, or new music for another CD, lol! If it does turn out that he and Celebrity have gone their separate ways, Celebrity is the big loser on that one, IMHO. :(

I might be getting up there in age, but I still listen to new music. But I have to say I cannot stand more than 20 minute of that DJ + percussion stuff. If even that long. It gives me a headache.

Maybe the DJs they are getting are just not that good? I don't know but I find it irritating, especially if we are at the Martini Bar trying to have a conversation with people.

The one thing I know is that everything comes down to MONEY. So I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Too bad as we loved 54 Below, Jordan Petersen, Mark Preston and Lindsey Hamilton. Some of the best performers Celebrity ever had.

While we are not Perry Grant fanatics, we appreciated his talent and loved seeing his show when he performed in the Main Celebrity theater.

You can see Celebrity has really shifted it's direction. Back in 2009 one of the CDs told me Perry Grant can name his ship and his venue, they will give him whatever he wants. Oh how times have changed.