promenade view room

We have used three promenade staterooms for our children on Freedom of the Seas and they had no noise complaints. One of them is even a very light sleeper. Was fun to watch the parades from the window seats in the rooms. :)

Edited by mellibee

6305 is noisy and has very tacky decor.

What, you don't like cows???

We'll be in 6305 in Dec. and looking forward to it. Mixed reviews about the infamous banging crew door. Some hear it, others hear nothing, same ship. Daily ice cream and visits to the CL will soften the blow. :p

We have used three promenade staterooms for our children on Freedom of the Seas and they had no noise complaints. One of them is even a very light sleeper. Was fun to watch the parades from the window seats in the rooms. :)

Yeah, but did the cabins next to your children have any noise complaints? :p;)

I had one of these cabins on the Voyager a few years ago. Although I prefer a balcony, these cabins are good value for money and don't have that enclosed feeling you get in an inside cabin. From what I recall there were no noise issues. These cabins are well soundproofed.

What, you don't like cows???

We'll be in 6305 in Dec. and looking forward to it. Mixed reviews about the infamous banging crew door. Some hear it, others hear nothing, same ship. Daily ice cream and visits to the CL will soften the blow. :p

I was being funny about decor. But on Freedom, the noise is real. all the ice cream in world is not worth it. Go down to GS first night and ask them to increase tension on crew door inside the ice cream shop. That should work, good luck

Have had 3 on 3 different Voyager class ships all on deck 8. Now have 2 reserved on Freedom on deck 7 for our kids and their spouses.

We love them .. great value .. quiet (except during parade) .. Don't forget to close your curtains :-)

Have had 3 on 3 different Voyager class ships all on deck 8. Now have 2 reserved on Freedom on deck 7 for our kids and their spouses.

We love them .. great value .. quiet (except during parade) .. Don't forget to close your curtains :-)

We always go promenade, 8th deck, whenever we can. Even if the OV or Veranda are inexpensive, we're jumping around to different cruise lines so for us, it's an inexpensive treat.

We had a promenade room on Liberty and had no noise issues at all. I'm sure we would have heard the 70's party if we'd been in the room, though. I'd book another promenade room in a heartbeat.

I was being funny about decor. But on Freedom, the noise is real. all the ice cream in world is not worth it. Go down to GS first night and ask them to increase tension on crew door inside the ice cream shop. That should work, good luck

Thanks for the head's up about the incresed tension. Just made a note of that on my cruise papers. I have heard this complaint more than once and I don't understand why they don't do anything about it permanently. We shall see......... I wonder if the noise intensity varies from each Freedom class ship.

Is B&J open 24/7? We usually get back to our room about 1am. I have major hearing loss w/o my hearing aides so I know the noise wouldn't bother me. As for my husband, we shall see. He knows full well what to expect and he's still ok with it.

6305 is noisy and has very tacky decor.

I read the same thing I though about booking that room for my upcoming Freedom Cruise. I have booked a Balcony as of now, I just want to see what them types or rooms are out there and experience all of them. Are all Pr rooms noisy. I don't mind some noise during them 70's parties. I sleep like a rock when I am on a cruise most nights

Edited by trev71

I read the same thing I though about booking that room for my upcoming Freedom Cruise. I have booked a Balcony as of now, I just want to see what them types or rooms are out there and experience all of them. Are all Pr rooms noisy. I don't mind some noise during them 70's parties. I sleep like a rock when I am on a cruise most nights

Have had 3 on deck 8 and never a problem with noise .. except during parades. No issues with speakers at night or early morning (before 8am)

Edited by bigeagle12

Have had 3 on deck 8 and never a problem with noise .. except during parades. No issues with speakers at night or early morning (before 8am)

Awesome thanks. I know some people will think its weird to downgrade, I just want to experience all the rooms. I am always up before 8am, 99% of the time anyways. Cant sleep in while on cruise. So just have to avoid the cow room :D

We're cruising on the Navigator and our daughter and boyfriend are booked in one across the hall from our balcony. The size of the room looks like the size of a balcony room which is great. IMO, it looks nothing like an inside cabin. We plan to be in her room for some of the parades.

One of the issues with a promenade room is that you can see directly into the rooms across from you and they can see in your room. Unlike a regular outside room that faces the ocean you have to close the curtain anytime you get dressed or just want to lie around in something other than regular clothes.