Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

c42dc36f-ce80-4caf-8f4e-8661f5f2594a_zpskr36vz0t.jpg

Here's the itinerary of our next cruise on the Eclipse .

Day Ports of Call Arrival Departure

1 Southampton (London), England --- 4:30 p.m.

2 Zeebrugge (Bruges), Belgium 7:00 a.m. 3:00 p.m.

3 At Sea --- ---

4 At Sea --- ---

5 Stockholm, Sweden 10:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.

6 Tallinn, Estonia 9:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

7 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation 7:00 a.m. ---

8 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation --- ---

9 St. Petersburg, Russian Federation --- 6:00 p.m.

10 At Sea --- ---

11 Warnemunde (Berlin), Germany 7:00 a.m. 9:30 p.m.

12 Copenhagen, Denmark 11:00 a.m. 10:00 p.m.

13 At Sea --- ---

14 At Sea --- ---

15 Southampton (London), England 5:30 a.m. ---

:) :D

As you are so familiar with St Petersburg, are you getting your own visas?

If not, SPB tours were awesome. Not sure how they are adapting to 3 days though, we did the De Luxe 2 day tour and it packed with interest. We had an excellent guide - Luba, who taught all the other guides during the winter season.

Nice itinerary. Bruges and the double overnight in St Pete's is cool.:D

We had also looked at the Regal as they have a cruise that originates in SPB and we were going to stay there first and meet the Regal there . But our usual apartment had already been rented though and we looked at some others , but when we found the Eclipse with a 3 day stop in SPB , and Bruges we hopped aboard ! Of course we had hopped for an FV to open up - and it did !!! :) :D

And now , we're hoping for a price reduction as many cabins are still open and final payment is coming up soon ! ;)

As you are so familiar with St Petersburg, are you getting your own visas?

If not, SPB tours were awesome. Not sure how they are adapting to 3 days though, we did the De Luxe 2 day tour and it packed with interest. We had an excellent guide - Luba, who taught all the other guides during the winter season.

Thank you Jackie . We do have 3 year visas and have sent off for our grandson's visa last week . But we did heed you're advice and booked with SPB for our Berlin trip . :) :D

We had also looked at the Regal as they have a cruise that originates in SPB and we were going to stay there first and meet the Regal there . But our usual apartment had already been rented though and we looked at some others , but when we found the Eclipse with a 3 day stop in SPB , and Bruges we hopped aboard ! Of course we had hopped for an FV to open up - and it did !!! :) :D

And now , we're hoping for a price reduction as many cabins are still open and final payment is coming up soon ! ;)

Excellent. I hope the price drops occur for you. Here in Australia, the only way to have a price drop honoured is to upgrade, sometimes for no cost sometimes for a little but in some cases the perks may go, so it really makes it hard sometimes. We recently upgraded on our med cruise (first leg) where we went form a 2A balcony to a S1 sky suite for around $300. We lost $200 OBC but gained $300 OBC, the unlimited internet and the drinks package is no Premium on rather than the Classic. We chose to stay in our FV for the second leg as the costs would be much more ($1000).

Excellent. I hope the price drops occur for you. Here in Australia, the only way to have a price drop honoured is to upgrade, sometimes for no cost sometimes for a little but in some cases the perks may go, so it really makes it hard sometimes. We recently upgraded on our med cruise (first leg) where we went form a 2A balcony to a S1 sky suite for around $300. We lost $200 OBC but gained $300 OBC, the unlimited internet and the drinks package is no Premium on rather than the Classic. We chose to stay in our FV for the second leg as the costs would be much more ($1000).

Mic,

Sounds like you have very similar T&C's to Celebrity UK!

It sounds similar to us here in the US . We may upgrade to suite if the price is right , but we also want to look for price changes after our final payment on the 22nd . It may influence future bookings , but with a TA flight necessary , we usually don't book last minute cruises overseas like we can do here locally . :) :D

For many Celebrity fans of a certain age , you may remember the Moody Blues . Each year in the early Spring they do a concert/cruise .

77f22aac-422c-46ba-a407-97ac3bfbc9dc_zps3xht4p18.png

After the cruise , they appear in many concerts in the South Florida area and we did see them recently on the day after our anniversary . They still feature 3 of the original members .

Justin

DSC04207_zpsnrqjhi1e.jpg

John

DSC04195_zpstssxcuoa.jpg

And Graeme who was celebrating his 74th birthday !

DSC04197_zpsk40lphrv.jpg

The new members did a great job of covering the original music .

DSC04217_zps8m0axr0o.jpg

And here they are performing the song that we danced to on our wedding night Nights in White Satin .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
IMG_7739_zpstbbr68gu.jpg

Total Eclipse : The Baltic

Is scheduled to depart from Southampton on June 5 , 2016 . We hope to be there , will you ?

We have completed our Baltic cruise and are currently reviewing it here :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2372103

It is a natural sequel to follow a Transatlantic cruise with a Baltic cruise and thus is recommended viewing for those considering both or either . :) :D

We have completed our Baltic cruise and are currently reviewing it here :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2372103

It is a natural sequel to follow a Transatlantic cruise with a Baltic cruise and thus is recommended viewing for those considering both or either . :) :D

Since I've just done a virtual Transatlantic witth you, I will follow your recommendation and cruise on over to the Baltic. :D

I think my DH was more interested in the Moody Blues cruise than the Baltic one though.... :eek:

Since I've just done a virtual Transatlantic witth you, I will follow your recommendation and cruise on over to the Baltic. :D

I think my DH was more interested in the Moody Blues cruise than the Baltic one though.... :eek:

It is probably more affordable and has some of the original bands instead of just tribute bands . :) :D

• 4 weeks later...

In keeping with our Total Eclipse theme , we have shown our Sunset Veranda from our TA cruise and we will now show Family Veranda # 7108 , from our Baltic cruise in June .

Comes with a doorbell

DSC06091_zpsveaoh01g.jpg

It has angled , forward facing windows in the living area

DSC05731_zpsasl3mosv.jpg

and the main bedroom .

DSC05721_zpsiawsedgw.jpg

and a second bedroom with bunk beds .

DSC06089-001_zpslnjvxwu5.jpg

Facing aft in the living area and the veranda .

DSC05729_zps8t8o7sef.jpg

The bath room is standard for the S- Class ship .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As I was looking at the Chef's Table , post # 318 , I noticed that a photo was missing .

We met with 4 other like minded couples in Cellar Masters , at the appointed time , for a glass of Champagne and introductions . We were soon met by the staff and hustled off , through the MDR and into the galley on a barnstorming tour . Executive Chef Paul Carroll conducted the tour and answered questions .

DSC02480_zpszj1c6tmf.jpg

Part of the galley

DSC02481_zpszw4mddcu.jpg

It's very hot , bright , busy and loud as you can see in this video clip :

Here's the wall of food - Menus for every meal of the cruise .

Missing photo

They have a separate kitchen for Murando . These are the guys who would be preparing our dinner tonight .

DSC02486_zpspjdupww5.jpg

And finally , the dinner menu with wine pairing included . ;)

cbd51471-6aa8-49cf-9761-97ace7794879_zpsemiibfo4.jpg

That is the original post which I can't edit . So this is the missing Wall of food photo .

DSC02484_zpsmbtf77ux.jpg