Few ?S please about island princess.

trinitytrees

Hi, my hubby and I are booked on island princess cruise, we have cruised before but not on the island. Can anyone tell me what toiletries are provided, are they ok? Also are dressing gowns and slippers provided?

We are booked into mini suite. In case that makes any difference.

Also we like to have table for two as hubby is hard of hearing, we are booked on anytime dining, are we likely to get table for two?

And what time can we board the ship, we are staying in Venice for couple of days before so could get to ship early, but don't want to be hanging around for hours if we can't board.

Look forward to replies, cruise forum is great for sharing info, I love it!

Hi, my hubby and I are booked on island princess cruise, we have cruised before but not on the island. Can anyone tell me what toiletries are provided, are they ok? Also are dressing gowns and slippers provided?

Soap/shampoo/conditioner/lotion upon request. Robes are available, slippers are for full suites and Elites upon request.

We are booked into mini suite. In case that makes any difference.

Also we like to have table for two as hubby is hard of hearing, we are booked on anytime dining, are we likely to get table for two?

You will have to ask for a table for 2 once you arrive for dinner

And what time can we board the ship, we are staying in Venice for couple of days before so could get to ship early, but don't want to be hanging around for hours if we can't board.

Boarding usually begins around noon.

Look forward to replies, cruise forum is great for sharing info, I love it!

See above

Hello!!!

I was on the Island Princess in a Mini suite 2013 to Alaska.

It's a nice ship, everything is the same on every ship for the most part. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion. Request robes!!

This is a nice ship but I do believe it was the smallest I have been on, there were always line ups at dinner, something I hadn't encountered on the Crown or Star, previously. Early or later dinners would be nice.

I LOVE Princess' toiletries, the shampoo and conditioner smell so nice and work great.

Arrive at 11am for 12pm boarding. The lines AT noon are crazy.

If you like to eat late, 7:30 to 8 pm then you really shouldn't have too much trouble getting a table for 2. Peak times for anytime dining are normally 6 to 7:30. Of course that could depend on how many North Americans are on board vs. Europeans. I'm sure that will also make a difference. In the past the cruise line has given out pagers if you have to wait for a table and then you can sit in the Atrium till the table is ready. Times run any where from a few minutes to an hour depending.

Boarding generally will start sometime after 11 am. But that can depend on ship arrival, weather or not they need to do a special cleaning for noro.

If you like to eat late, 7:30 to 8 pm then you really shouldn't have too much trouble getting a table for 2. Peak times for anytime dining are normally 6 to 7:30. Of course that could depend on how many North Americans are on board vs. Europeans. I'm sure that will also make a difference. In the past the cruise line has given out pagers if you have to wait for a table and then you can sit in the Atrium till the table is ready. Times run any where from a few minutes to an hour depending.

Boarding generally will start sometime after 11 am. But that can depend on ship arrival, weather or not they need to do a special cleaning for noro.

Eat late - after 9:00

I LOVE Princess' toiletries, the shampoo and conditioner smell so nice and work great.

If you have not been on Princess recently, they you do not know that the small bottles of shampoo and conditioner that smell so nice have been replaced with a shower stall mounted dispenser that contains a combined shampoo/conditioner which has not had rave reviews and has a different fragrance.

If you have not been on Princess recently, they you do not know that the small bottles of shampoo and conditioner that smell so nice have been replaced with a shower stall mounted dispenser that contains a combined shampoo/conditioner which has not had rave reviews and has a different fragrance.

I agree the shampoo/conditioner is of very poor quality. Very drying . Now I bring my own.

I agree the shampoo/conditioner is of very poor quality. Very drying . Now I bring my own.

None of its any good. :(

And previously many passengers were not pleased with the individual bottles of eucalyptus scented shampoo and conditioner. ;)

My wife brings her own shampoo and conditioner however I don't because the combination shampoo/conditioner in the pump bottle attached to the shower wall works okay for me. That may not be as good as what I have at home however on a cruise I prefer convenience...guess I'm just lazy! :p

Edited by Astro Flyer

I agree. Generally I will use whatever shampoo and conditioner is provided rather than pack my own.. but the stuff in the dispensers is terrible and now I bring my own.

And previously many passengers were not pleased with the individual bottles of eucalyptus scented shampoo and conditioner. ;)

My wife brings her own shampoo and conditioner however I don't because the combination shampoo/conditioner in the pump bottle attached to the shower wall works okay for me. That may not be as good as what I have at home however on a cruise I prefer convenience...guess I'm just lazy! :p

Yup, me too......:D:D:D

Thus a cost savings move by Princess to only supply poor quality shampoo/conditioner. The stuff will not be used much.

Another cost savings is the elimination of chocolate covered strawberries on the most recent deluxe canapés order form (Feb 2015) for elite level passengers on formal nights.

Based on posts on another recent thread, other passengers are like me & only ordered the chocolate covered strawberries. And voilà...more savings for Princess because we no longer order any of the remaining "deluxe" canapés now.

Going to less desirable things not only initially saves them money but they save even more money when passengers no longer use things like shampoo nor order free canapés.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I was so disappointed when we boarded a month ago and had to trays of canapes on our coffee table but no strawberries. The same old canapes that have been around for ten years. When I pulled out the sheet to order for the next evening, I couldn't believe chocolate covered strawberries were no longer listed. Same thing the next day so I did not mark anything on the sheet but wrote:

"what has happened to the chocolate covered strawberries?" The next afternoon two trays of the lousy canapes were delivered and nothing mentioned about the strawberries. I just tossed the sheet the next week and a half. Suite perks slowly keep going away!

I was so disappointed when we boarded a month ago and had to trays of canapes on our coffee table but no strawberries. The same old canapes that have been around for ten years. When I pulled out the sheet to order for the next evening, I couldn't believe chocolate covered strawberries were no longer listed. Same thing the next day so I did not mark anything on the sheet but wrote:

"what has happened to the chocolate covered strawberries?" The next afternoon two trays of the lousy canapes were delivered and nothing mentioned about the strawberries. I just tossed the sheet the next week and a half. Suite perks slowly keep going away!

So, they have disappeared from the suite list as well as from the elite list for formal evenings.

and now back to the topic at hand, ;); if you haven't signed up for traditional dining, they will ask if you "want to share" when you enter the MDR - we just say no and they will seat you at a table for two. If there is a wait you'll get a beeper. DH uses the pump shampoo but with color-treated hair I purchase shampoo in town before the cruise. We use the lotion provided which is fairly light, so bring a small tube if you need something thicker for hands etc.

Have a lovely cruise!

Edited by LoriPhil

Sorry about joining in late but on the Coral in April the strawberries were occasionally offered on the canapés selection - not every night but more than once. We were in a suite so can't comment on the elite selection (though we would have had that had we been in a mini)

Last cruise was 2013. THANK YOU for the warning, I cannot do shampoo/conditioner combos, no good for my hair. I will have to bring some, thank you, thank you, thank you for saving me from a horrible hair situation on my next cruise!