New sale better than BOGO

On April 30th, I checked pricing on a Harmony JS for Nov 2016. With my balcony discount, & including grats, cost was $3533. Passed on that.

Just booked it this morning on the new sale, same JS cost was $2899. Considering we are on Oasis this Nov. for $2806, I am a happy cruiser.

Once you have gone JS, a balcony is a real step down. Love those tubs and walk in closets. ARG!

Paying for both with points from my Barclays MC.

Cruise FREE.. My favorite way. Looking forward to the new ship.

The only good deals are on the Harmony as the Harmony prices were not inflated as it was not included in the BOGOHO.

I think RCL will figure it out in the next couple of days and prices for that ship will rise as well. Just my guess.

Checked pricing on my 3 cabins for our late August cruise, and my BOGOHO pricing is still better. For my double cabins, it's about $95/pp more with the new sale, and with the triple is also higher, but not as much. But the third person is up $50 so that affects the bottom line price.

I guess I'll be happy I caught a price drop a few months ago, and that with our balcony discounts we're paying a price that I can live with overall.

The only good deals are on the Harmony as the Harmony prices were not inflated as it was not included in the BOGOHO.

I think RCL will figure it out in the next couple of days and prices for that ship will rise as well. Just my guess.

If the original BOGO is any yardstick, I'd give it until Thursday or Friday before those deals go POOF;)

The real BOGO sale lasted about 72 hours before RCL caught on to their blunder.

Edited by orville99

If the original BOGO is any yardstick, I'd give it until Thursday or Friday before those deals go POOF;)

The real BOGO sale lasted about 72 hours before RCL caught on to their blunder.

For sure. That's why I put a couple of them on hold:D

So excited to see Harmony prices this morning! We always said we would love to sail one of the big girls, but they were just so expensive in the past! We have watched the prices and we knew the most we could hope for was an inside room!

Today we booked an oceanview hump balcony B2B on Harmony for Feb 2017! So not only will we see the ocean on a brand new ship, we will see it for two weeks! All for $4000! Kind of a chance in a lifetime!

So excited!

Lauri

On April 30th, I checked pricing on a Harmony JS for Nov 2016. With my balcony discount, & including grats, cost was $3533. Passed on that.

Just booked it this morning on the new sale, same JS cost was $2899. Considering we are on Oasis this Nov. for $2806, I am a happy cruiser.

Once you have gone JS, a balcony is a real step down. Love those tubs and walk in closets. ARG!

Paying for both with points from my Barclays MC.

Cruise FREE.. My favorite way. Looking forward to the new ship.

Yes I just booked a 2017 Harmony JS for 1500 less than a 2016 JS on Allure

So excited to see Harmony prices this morning! We always said we would love to sail one of the big girls, but they were just so expensive in the past! We have watched the prices and we knew the most we could hope for was an inside room!

Today we booked an oceanview hump balcony B2B on Harmony for Feb 2017! So not only will we see the ocean on a brand new ship, we will see it for two weeks! All for $4000! Kind of a chance in a lifetime!

So excited!

Lauri

I am so glad I read through this thread. After reading your post, I went to the RCI site and booked a superior hump balcony for January 2017. Price was $1,852 for two, tax, tags and freight!

Had to take a peek, our Adventure cruise went up almost $600 in this new deal.

Always worth looking, looking again and looking one more time, sometimes you don't find a lower price on your existing reservation but might stumble across another cruise worth booking!

So excited!

Lauri

I was shocked at the pricing for Harmony that we got -- excited to sail on her, because the waterslide is what I am looking forward to. My DH knows exactly where he will be able to find me. The flowrider will have competition for my time!

I am shocked that sailings on Harmony were not excluded from the sale offering....but they weren't and those of us that booked on her are the beneficiaries!!!!

Edited by Paulette3028

This 30-30 sale has worked out to be the best when pricing and booking HOTS...I have four other cruises ROS & AOS that the BOGO and May sale priced better...so it just depends .

For kicks and giggles, I repriced a booking we have on Anthem for a Canada trip in Sept 2016. I was shocked to find that the cost for a GS was down $1100!! One quick call later and we're all set.

Thanks, Cruise Critics!

Edited by jm485

My 2016 Harmony sailing is only $200 more than a 5 night Allure sailing I had. For the extra $200 I get an extra 2 days on a newer ship.

What really made it worthwhile to book was the call I received from RC. I put a suite on the HOS on hold. Today a woman who called herself my Certified Vacation Planner called. She offered me a special promotion to make the reservation. Instead of the usual $1000 deposit for a suite she offered a $250 deposit and a choice of two promotional items (wine/cheese/strawberries). I explained I was hesitant because I have an upcoming sailing and wanted to book onboard for the OBC. My CVP explained I could transfer the reservation onboard (not sure if this is accurate) or cancel and rebook onboard if the price has not gone up. I can always transfer to a TA with perks if the price goes up before My next cruise.

Either way $250 is a minimum amount of money to have wrapped up in a cruise 19 months away. I usually don't answer calls from numbers I don't recognize but I'm glad I did. Saved myself an additional $150 in deposit fees. Of course, the more deposit you pay the less you owe at final payment. This logic holds for a cruise in the near future but not for one so far out, imo.