Marinier and christmas 2016 questions

JanDom

Hi,

we are now 2 stars mariniers. On our last cruise we forgot to go to the brunch at the first day. Is this the only event for past guests ?

And ...

we are waitung for cruises for christmas 2016. Because we maybe want to go with my parents we have to book early and I am waiting for cruises with HAL :rolleyes:

Does anybody know when they will open it ??

Thank you

Greets

Janine

I believe you might be confusing the Mariners Brunch with the Mariners Embarkation Lunch. The Embarkation Lunch is held on the first day. The brunch is usually on the last sea day; that is the one where an invitation is sent and the tiles are given out.

I can't answer the question about the remaining 2016 itineraries. I know there have been a few threads about that but it sounds like no one really knows when they will be out.

I was told by a TA who contacted HAL directly that the itineraries would be released last week...:rolleyes: ;) :mad:. We are waiting for the holiday 2016.

When you think about it, not releasing itineraries so people can book and put down deposits really doesen't make any sense (or should that be cents?). There must be an issue that is holding it up.

I believe you might be confusing the Mariners Brunch with the Mariners Embarkation Lunch. The Embarkation Lunch is held on the first day. The brunch is usually on the last sea day; that is the one where an invitation is sent and the tiles are given out.

I can't answer the question about the remaining 2016 itineraries. I know there have been a few threads about that but it sounds like no one really knows when they will be out.

Oh ok, so we missed the first brunch and because we did not get an invitation for the Second, we missed it also 😕😢😕

It was our Second cruise with HAL so er did not know how they do it...

I was told by a TA who contacted HAL directly that the itineraries would be released last week...:rolleyes: ;) :mad:. We are waiting for the holiday 2016.

When you think about it, not releasing itineraries so people can book and put down deposits really doesen't make any sense (or should that be cents?). There must be an issue that is holding it up.

Our information was also that they will come out in the end of may ... But nothing happens....

Oh ok, so we missed the first brunch and because we did not get an invitation for the Second, we missed it also

HAL gets a lot of full ship Charters in the Caribbean season (especially January - February). One could surmise that they are holding off on opening bookings to avoid cancelling individual guests when the expected charter is confirmed.

We've all seen the threads when someone's booked cruise is chartered. Creates bad will and costs HAL $$$ in compensation / air changes.

Just an opinion...

Also - if you haven't visited the "X" brand board lately, they have numerous threads about itinerary changes made after bookings were opened for 2017 cruises, and how upset some people are!

Edited by StartrainDD
typo

Oh ok, so we missed the first brunch and because we did not get an invitation for the Second, we missed it also

Janine, we will make sure you get to the brunch in January!:)

Arie

Janine, we will make sure you get to the brunch in January!:)

Arie

Thank you :)

On the last evening we got our 2stars Pin and ask ourselves if we missed something :)

I am interested in new Zealand and australia for Christmas 2016 but my boyfried does not know this yet;)

Jan, my suggestion would be for you to check with the Front Office soon after you board. They can make sure you are now on the Mariners list, so that you will receive an invitation delivered to your stateroom for the Mariners brunch.

Thank you :)

On the last evening we got our 2stars Pin and ask ourselves if we missed something :)

I am interested in new Zealand and australia for Christmas 2016 but my boyfried does not know this yet;)

According to the Cruise Schedule for Port Chalmers (Dunedin New Zealand) the Noordam will be at Port Chalmers on December 25th 2016, and the Maasdam the following day( 26th December.)

Of course this may change!!

According to the Cruise Schedule for Port Chalmers (Dunedin New Zealand) the Noordam will be at Port Chalmers on December 25th 2016, and the Maasdam the following day( 26th December.)

Of course this may change!!

Oh I hoped it won't be the noordam :)

Because we already know this lady :D