On Live froms....

CanICruiseSoon

[quote name='TracieABD']I amazed that someone would have the audacity to think that a live from is to stroke the ego or attention seeking.

I write them for my mother. She is elderly with mobility issues. She cannot cover the same ground that I can. It is my posts that are in her scrapbooks. She sees the world vicariously. When she and I travel together I am her eyes, her ears, her feet.

I write them for my beloved husband, who cannot always take the time to travel. This is a way for us to keep connected. The two smilies at the bottom of every post are my wink and nod to him.

I write them for every person on cruise critic who has offered their tips and pointers. A live from is a living thank you note for all of the help I have received.

I often wonder about the person who has to tear others down. What are they missing? What is the motivation?[/QUOTE]

No need to justify! Those that appreciate far outweigh the naysayers. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to quoting everyone of your posts. :cool:

Very helpful info, Laura. Thank you for that.

I love LIVE FROMS, mostly because I read them when I'm not traveling myself (but wish I was). I don't always pop on to say thank you because of the reasons mentioned throughout this thread, but I will more often because now I see how I can provide that feedback without interrupting the flow of the thread.

[quote name='LauraS']Here's an even better tip.

From the main forum (ie cruise line) page -- locate the Live From thread. Look for the column called "Replies". See the hyperlinked number? Click that. This will bring up everyone who has posted in the Live From...and the number of posts for each of them. Locate the OP, click the number next to their name -- and there you have ONLY those posts in the Live From thread from the person posting from the ship.

Laura[/QUOTE]

Great tip, Laura. I like the live posts and have thanked the poster or wished them well as they are providing valuable information. One other thing you can do is to subscribe to the post and have it delivered daily to your email. I find it easier to scroll through posts I may not want to read that way. It doesn't work for pictures, but thought I would throw that out there too.

[quote name='TracieABD']I amazed that someone would have the audacity to think that a live from is to stroke the ego or attention seeking.
[/QUOTE]

I think people probably post for a variety of reasons.

Probably somewhere, sometime, someone did it because they enjoy
the attention.

[quote name='Colo Cruiser']No need to justify! Those that appreciate far outweigh the naysayers. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to quoting everyone of your posts. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Keith.

I am not sure if people who have never done a live from thread know the kind of work that goes into it. I can be a rather labour intensive activity.

I know that you have done them, because you are the person who gave me the courage to try my first one!

ps I start my next one in about 12 days!!!!

[quote name='pablo222']I think people probably post for a variety of reasons.

Probably somewhere, sometime, someone did it because they enjoy
the attention.[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right about that. I just hate that someone lumped us all into a single category...

I write them for my mother. She is elderly with mobility issues. She cannot cover the same ground that I can. It is my posts that are in her scrapbooks. She sees the world vicariously. When she and I travel together I am her eyes, her ears, her feet.

I write them for my beloved husband, who cannot always take the time to travel. This is a way for us to keep connected. The two smilies at the bottom of every post are my wink and nod to him.

I write them for every person on cruise critic who has offered their tips and pointers. A live from is a living thank you note for all of the help I have received.

I often wonder about the person who has to tear others down. What are they missing? What is the motivation?[/QUOTE]
Great post, thanks.:D