Heli-pad Sailaway on Oasis?

When cruised on Oasis in 2012, we were invited to an upper tier Sailaway party when leaving Labadee. They must have been low on D and up that week because we were only Emerald at the time (but D after that cruise).

Do they still have it? It was pretty cool. In addition to the free, cheap booze, there was a bagpiper and King Julien from Madagascar.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was done our cruise a few weeks ago. We were invited. Were are platinum C&A

I was just going to post the same thing, but realized you were on the same cruise as me, and are also Platinum.

Anyway, I couldn't make the SailAway, unfortunately. The time conflicted with Progressive Trivia! :p

This sounds so weird.

It was actually well done. The CD was there and spoke to the crowd. The piper was off to the side. When he was done playing, King Julien came out for photos.

It was just fun being able to be in a "restricted" location.

It was actually well done.

It was just fun being able to be in a "restricted" location.

We were in a GS on our 2014 sailing and received the invite. On the LOS the helipad is not a "restricted" area so looking forward to go whenever we want and not because we're in a GS. I don't understand why it varies from one class of ship to another:what:

For whatever reason, the helipads on Allure and Oasis are restricted. Didn't even notice one on Quantum.

We have been on them on other ships, but we usually enjoy sailaway from our balcony.

We just returned from Oasis and were invited to the sailaway from Labadee, as platinum members. They provided "champagne" & Bellinis. Many staff members attended and King Julien showed up for pictures & dancing. We all did a wave, and the captain blew the horn 3 times for us.

I agree that it was windy, but the reason they shared for the restriction is that they have navigational equipment around the helipad, which are hazardous. I will post pictures in my review next week when I get home. It was really neat, since some of the navigational tools were being used as we sailed away, then closed up again. :)

Edited by APDMOM
Subscribe

• 2 weeks later...
We just returned from Oasis and were invited to the sailaway from Labadee, as platinum members. They provided "champagne" & Bellinis. Many staff members attended and King Julien showed up for pictures & dancing. We all did a wave, and the captain blew the horn 3 times for us.

I agree that it was windy, but the reason they shared for the restriction is that they have navigational equipment around the helipad, which are hazardous. I will post pictures in my review next week when I get home. It was really neat, since some of the navigational tools were being used as we sailed away, then closed up again. :)

I'm reading your review and just saw the copy of the invitation you posted. I'm surprised that they want "smart casual" dress for the Sailaway, especially since it's on Labadee day. We were already changed, but we're in shorts. It's too hot to be in pants! Were people dressed more than casual? DH refuses to wear nothing but cargo shorts!!

I'm reading your review and just saw the copy of the invitation you posted. I'm surprised that they want "smart casual" dress for the Sailaway, especially since it's on Labadee day. We were already changed, but we're in shorts. It's too hot to be in pants! Were people dressed more than casual? DH refuses to wear nothing but cargo shorts!!

He will be fine in cargo shorts:) Very few men wore long pants. My own DH wore cargo shorts. In fact, there was a statement in the e-mail that said it will be hot on the helipad, so dress comfortably. There was even a family who just showed up in swimwear with cover ups with no problem to participate.

I am posting the info from the review here for others to see:

P1060007_zpsajrkwk6m.jpeg

CampA_zpsb8q5znte.jpg

I see a lot of posts regarding the Western Itn for the sail-away, but not any regarding the Eastern. Is there one for the Eastern Itn? If so, what day/port? Nassau possibly?

We were invited for sailaway from St Maarten on Oasis last August

With many sailings on Oasis my experience has been the invite for sail away has been from Nassau for eastern.

I have seen the people on the helipad on the Port Nassau Webcam as it departs and have also been a participant as well.

Nice event to attend.

Currently on board Oasis western and invite for all c+a members was leaving Labadee. Had cheap champagne and mimosas if you cared for a drink. Capt blew the horn three times to our group stretch and was fun 30 mins before the wind took over and everyone left

We did the sailaway from the heliport in Mallorca a couple of weeks ago. It was amazing!! Very well done, my family (husband, 2 adult sons) only went to appease me and they were very pleased we went.