Power Strip

micruiser12

Just to confirm --- this is dual voltage, so no issues using an adapter to plug it directly into a European outlet, right? (Unlike the issue with the Belkin...)

yes...it can be plugged into 110/120 or 220/240V and it doesn't matter if it's 50 or 60 Cycles.

Make sure you get the 40W version...not the lower power 25W one....so you can charge multiple ipad like devices that require (or charge faster with) higher power.

It has a power cord so you don't have to struggle plugging things in at the wall plug.... One of those well designed "must have" products IMHO. I like the Anker because you can plug any device into any outlet....on others, they have ipad outlets and low power outlets...that drives me nuts.

• 7 months later...
(1) Already have it -- so no need to purchase anything additional.

(2) It has a good surge suppressor

(We traveled with people who had their devices zapped by power surges without one)

and

(3) The long cord allows for extensive use of plugged in devices a good distance away from the desk without needing to run down the battery.

It is good that there are so many different options available to suit various preferences.

You might want to read this and many other posts written by chengkp75 .

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46991699&postcount=7

According to him and the extensive background information he provides, surge suppressors should NOT be used aboard ships. His extensive experience as a ship's engineer adds weight to his argument.

Are there European plug points as well as US ones in cabins? I've only been on RCCL before (sailing from the UK) and they have both. I need to make sure I have the right adapators before we sail.

Yes you are correct they have both.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2299888&highlight=plug+outlets post#3

Edited by snowyboy

Up until a few years ago, Celebrity actually had on their prohibition list, hand grenades. Wife always packed them before we saw that.!!!!!!

Does this mean that I can't wear a grenade belt with my Camouflage pants on Evening Chic night?

It used to be in the ebrochures but don't think its there anymore. They do have a prohibition on extension cords and actually a power strip is an extension cord.

All of the power strips are indeed extension cords and technically not allowed because of the fire danger. The problem is fires and people continue to use things like the rice cooker discussed above that are dangerous. If one used a QUALITY power strip only when they were in their cabin there should be no issue or danger.

Can anyone tell me if on the most recent cruises they are allowing power strips? Last year I think we brought one, but I thought I heard somewhere that it might not be allowed now? Anyone taken one onboard or told that they can't be used? We don't want to bring one if it will be taken from us.

For safety purposes, power strips and extension cords are prohibited from being brought on board. An extension cord may be provided for medical reasons only. For further information, please contact our Access Department at 1-866-592-7225.