Island Princess Suite Question

RSF Cruiser

Note yellow area. This is a step to a different level about two inches tall. There is no light in the very aft area of balcony as we found out in the middle of the balcony dinner. However great for star gazing.

image.jpg.fabde44c4ed028cbe379688f3bc8bb52.jpg

Edited by mina

Thank you for the pics Mina.

We have booked A727 which is the same cabin as A726 but on the starboard side of the ship for an upcoming Alaska cruise. Did you find the vibrations in your cabin to be excessive or bothersome?

Kathy

We had no real vibration. We always sail in aft cabins and I noted that this cabin had LESS vibration then we normally feel. Asked our steward on first day and he said no one has complained in the cabins in this area and he also had a727 as his. I think that those cabins over open areas undneath are the ones having the problem. You will love the location.

We had no real vibration. We always sail in aft cabins and I noted that this cabin had LESS vibration then we normally feel. Asked our steward on first day and he said no one has complained in the cabins in this area and he also had a727 as his. I think that those cabins over open areas undneath are the ones having the problem. You will love the location.

Mina, Did the bath tub have the jets?????? I know the older suites do.

Yes, the back balcony is plenty big enough. However, as I mentioned there is no light on the back balcony. For some reason they did not bring the flicker candle that is always provided for the UBD. I would tell them when you call that there is no light and they need to bring the fake candles. Fortunately we had a portable lantern/flashlight with us. FYI we do the UBD on every cruise and this was the least good. They started the dinner before flowers arrived which impacted the mood, especially with no candles. The lobsters were small and a bit rubbery. So small they served two tails in one shell. We did not have the filet. Food was okay, but nothing to rave about as you usually find when doing the UBD. The servers were good.

We are currently in a726. It is wonderful. Indeed at least 600 sq ft and the balcony wraps fully around with the aft section large enough for a lounger and a table and chairs. There is minimal vibration. Less than we usually experience in aft cabins. Will post pics on our return home in mid oct. If you can get this cabin, grab it.

I just reserved A726 for a Feb 2017 Panama Canal cruise to celebrate my 60th. I am so glad this forum exists. Thank you for taking the time to make this post. Any other information regarding the ship would be greatly appreciated.

For the Panama cruise going East to West does it matter what side of the ship you are on?

I am going on my first cruise this Dec on the Grand Princess, I am hoping I like aft cabins (I have an aft on a Mexico trip). It's a bit unnerving to spend this kind of money not knowing. Live life large I say! I've noticed the best suites get booked fairly quickly.

Hello Macky2-we are in A727 in Feb for the Panama Canal transit, so presume that's before you go. I will report back here when we return from that. And Mina thanks again for the snaps!!!

CatsRKool

We are in that cabin for Feb 2017 Panama. Let me know how you like the cruise! Any tips for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

I just reserved A726 for a Feb 2017 Panama Canal cruise to celebrate my 60th. I am so glad this forum exists. Thank you for taking the time to make this post. Any other information regarding the ship would be greatly appreciated.

For the Panama cruise going East to West does it matter what side of the ship you are on?

I am going on my first cruise this Dec on the Grand Princess, I am hoping I like aft cabins (I have an aft on a Mexico trip). It's a bit unnerving to spend this kind of money not knowing. Live life large I say! I've noticed the best suites get booked fairly quickly.

We always book aft cabins on the grand c752 is our favorite. You will love the aft location. I have never done a Panama Canal cruise. I know going into Venice we just went to the back section of the balcony of a726 and were able to view both sides.

Hello! Well, I'm not a super experienced cruiser and we will do our first Panama Canal transit in a few months. However, when we booked our East-to-West transit for this coming Feb, our travel agent advised a starboard cabin, as the long run up the West Coast is more interesting than the run from Aruba to the canal. However since you have a wrap around balcony, I imagine you have it covered even though (I believe) you are on the port side.

Maybe more experienced cruisers can weigh in here?

Regardless, we will post pix of A727 (starboard aft corner) when we return in late Feb.

Happy cruising!

Edited by CatsRKool