Island Princess Suite Question

RSF Cruiser

The deck plans have conflicting information about the square footage of A726 and A727. If you hover over the room you get 470 sq ft including balcony in the pop up window. If you click on it you get a pop up that says 617 sq ft including balcony. Would some one who is in the room confirm the size please? Thanks

• 1 year later...
Hello! Well, I'm not a super experienced cruiser and we will do our first Panama Canal transit in a few months. However, when we booked our East-to-West transit for this coming Feb, our travel agent advised a starboard cabin, as the long run up the West Coast is more interesting than the run from Aruba to the canal. However since you have a wrap around balcony, I imagine you have it covered even though (I believe) you are on the port side.

Maybe more experienced cruisers can weigh in here?

Regardless, we will post pix of A727 (starboard aft corner) when we return in late Feb.

Happy cruising!

We have booked a727 for an upcoming Alaska tour. Is there a door to balcony from bedroom? Did you like the Island Princess? Our first time on Princess. We usually do Royal Carribean and the Grand Suite

We have booked a727 for an upcoming Alaska tour. Is there a door to balcony from bedroom? Did you like the Island Princess? Our first time on Princess. We usually do Royal Carribean and the Grand Suite

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2510106&highlight=is+the+island+bad

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2520125

A727

There is a door to the balcony from the bedroom but it is to the side balcony not back balcony. You have to walk out the side balcony and go around to the back. And as you know sometimes side balconies will be very windy whereas back balconies will be windfree. So while not optimal it's fine.

The side balcony is large but the back balcony is flipping huge. You will absolutely love it. Order MDR room service for lunch (or dinner....breakfast is in Sabatinis) and they will go out back with the food and put down the table cloth. Best ever.

Since you will love it so much consider the lido suites above you. Also the suites in the middle on Aloha have amazingly large balconies as well. Try them all.

The Island is a ship worth sailing more than once.

Have a wonderful time!

We were in A726 on the Island Princess and my brother was in A727 in June. Two doors to balcony- one in living room and one in bedroom. The door in the bedroom does lead to the side balcony but easy access to the back. I may be in the minority but we loved the Island!!!!