elite evening cocktail hour...do they allow a guest in the same stateroom to go with?

Oneluckywoman

I looked carefully through X's website and couldn't find any mention of this particular issue. I suspect it is an individual ship/CC hostess thing rather than corporate policy.

No, it is the official policy As everyone has been saying. Obviously you are still having doubts.

Now that coupons have been eliminated this would never happen. Every elite perk, from the spoonful of gelato to 90 minutes of internet is tied to one's account coded on their sea pass.

One is definitely able to bring their stateroom companion to Elite functions - from the X website under the Captain's Club section:

'Elite Member Benefits

Our aim is to ensure that each and every cruise experience offers you all the recognition and rewards you so richly deserve. That means unprecedented levels of service, access and perks. Celebrity is pleased to offer the Captains Club Coffee Break experience and Cocktail Hour exclusively for Elite/Elite Plus members and their stateroom/suite companions. The casual coffee house style experience available most mornings offers complimentary espresso, teas and other menu items. The cocktail hour available most evenings offers a wide selection of beverages and the ability to enjoy socializing with fellow Elite/Elite Plus members and relaxing with a complimentary drink before dinner.'

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-overview#captains_club_tier_elite/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite?subtab=true

The confusion on this thread is caused by the difference between attending events and getting the full perks/coupons. The Captain's Club Host(ess) will let a room mate attend events in most cases when asked politely, but won't upgrade the person to Elite with all the Internet, laundry, etc. perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One is definitely able to bring their stateroom companion to Elite functions - from the X website under the Captain's Club section:

'Elite Member Benefits

Our aim is to ensure that each and every cruise experience offers you all the recognition and rewards you so richly deserve. That means unprecedented levels of service, access and perks. Celebrity is pleased to offer the Captains Club Coffee Break experience and Cocktail Hour exclusively for Elite/Elite Plus members and their stateroom/suite companions. The casual coffee house style experience available most mornings offers complimentary espresso, teas and other menu items. The cocktail hour available most evenings offers a wide selection of beverages and the ability to enjoy socializing with fellow Elite/Elite Plus members and relaxing with a complimentary drink before dinner.'

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-overview#captains_club_tier_elite/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite?subtab=true

Yes, thank you! As many have stated, this is policy.

The confusion on this thread is caused by the difference between attending events and getting the full perks/coupons. The Captain's Club Host(ess) will let a room mate attend events in most cases when asked politely, but won't upgrade the person to Elite with all the Internet, laundry, etc. perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've spoken to people on board and have seen people on this board write that they got the coupons even though they didn't deserve them. My own opinion is that if you got the coupons it may be because your steward didn't get the proper ones or that he/she might be giving them as a way to butter people up to increase the tip.

Be interesting to see what happens now that they are being put on the card, someone has to load them in the computer.