elite evening cocktail hour...do they allow a guest in the same stateroom to go with?

Oneluckywoman

Hello,

We are considering booking a 7 night celebrity cruise on the Silhouette in December. My husband and I are diamond plus on RCL, and we will be traveling with my Mother, who will become diamond on June 29th. She will have my sister in her cabin with her, who is not diamond or elite. Will my sister be allowed to join us since she is in the same cabin, traveling with my Mother who will be elite since she is diamond on RCL? They used to allow this, but I haven't been on Celebrity in several years. Thank you in advance for your answers!

Hello,

We are considering booking a 7 night celebrity cruise on the Silhouette in December. My husband and I are diamond plus on RCL, and we will be traveling with my Mother, who will become diamond on June 29th. She will have my sister in her cabin with her, who is not diamond or elite. Will my sister be allowed to join us since she is in the same cabin, traveling with my Mother who will be elite since she is diamond on RCL? They used to allow this, but I haven't been on Celebrity in several years. Thank you in advance for your answers!

Your mother should get her Celebrity # before the sailing to make sure she will be Elite & yes your sister will be allowed to join your mother to the Elite events, your mother may have to talk to the Captian's club host/hostess once on board but it should be no problem.

Hello,

Absolutely, all she needs to do is show she is in the same room.

Go and see the Captains Club host,

She will adjust your sisters status for

that sailing and issue a new Seapass Card

showing Elite Status, she will also get all the

Coupons as well.

:cool:

Edited by swigso

Coupons as well.

Sorry but that is not necessarily the case, depends on the ship. We had our son who was Select with us two weeks ago and he received Select coupons and his card said Select. That was done occasionally in the past but do not count on it.

Our daughter and I just came back from a cruise to Bermuda and I am Elite but she too is Select and although we were in the same room she did not get my status and if her card was checked at the door to the elite lounge she was unable to enter on her own.

Most commonly if there are two passengers with two different Captain's Club status, they each get the coupons of their own individual status. For instance, if one is Select and one Classic, there will be one set of Select coupons and one set of Classic coupons. If one is Elite and one Select, there are usually one set of Elite coupons and one set of Select coupons.

There have been reports that occasionally, if one is Elite (or higher) and the other not, both get the Elite coupons. If this happens, it is a nice surprise, but you should not count on it.

However, if one is Elite or higher, it is policy that the the roommate can accompany the Elite member to the Elite events (the loyalty cocktail hour and the coffee break).

Sometimes, the roommate is given a special card to allow access on their own, sometimes the Elite member must be present with the non-Elite member.

There doesn't seem to be any consistence from ship to ship and from sailing to sailing. Perhaps it depends on who the Captain's Club host/hostess is, perhaps it depends on how many other Captain's Club members are on board, and what the projected attendance at events will be.

On prior cruisers it depened on the number of elites on cruise and the attitude of the hostess. We have been given permission to bring non elites traveling with us and we also have been denied permission. Depends on ship / host or hostess.

We had this situation come up on a recent cruise with an Elite friend and her non Elite roommate. On my advice, she asked once at Guest Relations and were told no. I told her to go back and talk with the captains club hostess and sure enough, it was all arranged. Sometimes persistence pays off, and we all know that with Celebrity, if you don't like the first answer you get, try again!

• 1 year later...

Coupons as well.

I seriously doubt the CC hostess will upgrade a Select to Elite without actually having earned that level. Can't see this happening. Would be a riot if it ever got out.

Just did this last week . I am Elite and my daughter was on her first cruise and in my cabin . The benefit she got was to be able to attend events with me . We were told to just show up by the CC hostess . There were very few elites on board .

No one gets the other perks They are attached to the sea pass card.

She was able to go to Happy hour, high tea, back stage tour and morning coffee with me. I was also able to take her on priority tendering.

No internet , laundry or other perks

Does the 'elite level cocktail hour' give each member a free cocktail each day ?

unlimited drinks at the event from 5 to 7pm

if there are too many Elite and above then 3 coupons will be issued to use during those hours at the bars listed

Most commonly if there are two passengers with two different Captain's Club status, they each get the coupons of their own individual status. For instance, if one is Select and one Classic, there will be one set of Select coupons and one set of Classic coupons. If one is Elite and one Select, there are usually one set of Elite coupons and one set of Select coupons.

There have been reports that occasionally, if one is Elite (or higher) and the other not, both get the Elite coupons. If this happens, it is a nice surprise, but you should not count on it.

However, if one is Elite or higher, it is policy that the the roommate can accompany the Elite member to the Elite events (the loyalty cocktail hour and the coffee break).

Sometimes, the roommate is given a special card to allow access on their own, sometimes the Elite member must be present with the non-Elite member.

There doesn't seem to be any consistence from ship to ship and from sailing to sailing. Perhaps it depends on who the Captain's Club host/hostess is, perhaps it depends on how many other Captain's Club members are on board, and what the projected attendance at events will be.

Where do you get your information from that this is "policy"? Did you read it somewhere? Did someone tell you? The fact that a particular CC hostess went against company policy does not make,it a corporate policy.

I seriously doubt the CC hostess will upgrade a Select to Elite without actually having earned that level. Can't see this happening. Would be a riot if it ever got out.

You are correct. While it may happen on occasion, it would be atypical for someone to be elevated status for a cruise.

Where do you get this information from. Absolutely NOT

You are incorrect. It has always been policy that guests traveling with Elite or Elite+ members will be allowed to attend the evening cocktail hor and breakfast. This is not new, it has been established for many years and I've not heard once instance where entry has been refused.

Mike

Where do you get your information from that this is "policy"? Did you read it somewhere? Did someone tell you? The fact that a particular CC hostess went against company policy does not make,it a corporate policy.

I as actually told on a phone call with Captains Club that my Cabin mate may attend events with me but will not get other perks. This has been standard as long as I can remember

. They are not suppose to get coupons and when it happens it is an error. It will not happen now that the coupons are attached to the sea pass card but a cabin mate will get issued a card for admission to events after boarding and visiting the CC host

The 1st time I had a non-Elite in a cabin with me. The CC host gave him a new seapass card that said Elite. It was only for that cruise and did get the coupon sheet.

The 2nd time I had a non-Elite in a cabin with me. The CC host told us to just show up together at the Elite events and he would be able to attend the events.

I found this wording on an old thread, poster stated it was from the website but it was a little old, no attribution as to where on the web site.

Celebrity is pleased to offer the Captains Club Coffee Break experience and Cocktail Hour exclusively for Elite/Elite Plus members and their stateroom/suite companions

Here's the thread, post #6.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2201993&highlight=Captains+Club+cocktail+party

Where do you get this information from. Absolutely NOT

I'm elite and have shared cabins with other family members who were not elite and my fellow cabin mates have always been permitted access to elite events on that specific cruise. They do not get upgraded status, just a sticker or reissued card that says elite so they can gain entry into events. They have not received any coupons they were not entitled to. The same process has been followed for us on 3 different ships. Each time I went to the Captains Club hostess to arrange for access.

For one cruise we were booking 2 cabins for a last minute cruise via Celebrity direct. The person booking our cabins suggested my DH and I book in different rooms putting 1 of the other family members with each of us so all 4 would be admitted to elite events, making our cruise more enjoyable. He said Captains Club members do this all the time. I hadn't even asked a question regarding access. This was a non-solicited recommendation from a Celebrity employee.

I found this wording on an old thread, poster stated it was from the website but it was a little old, no attribution as to where on the web site.

Celebrity is pleased to offer the Captains Club Coffee Break experience and Cocktail Hour exclusively for Elite/Elite Plus members and their stateroom/suite companions

Here's the thread, post #6.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2201993&highlight=Captains+Club+cocktail+party

I looked carefully through X's website and couldn't find any mention of this particular issue. I suspect it is an individual ship/CC hostess thing rather than corporate policy.

I as actually told on a phone call with Captains Club that my Cabin mate may attend events with me but will not get other perks. This has been standard as long as I can remember

. They are not suppose to get coupons and when it happens it is an error. It will not happen now that the coupons are attached to the sea pass card but a cabin mate will get issued a card for admission to events after boarding and visiting the CC host

Now that coupons have been eliminated this would never happen. Every elite perk, from the spoonful of gelato to 90 minutes of internet is tied to one's account coded on their sea pass.