Missing excursion

Parrottdizes

On my 'cruise personalizer' it shows a 'confirmed' booking for 'Carara National Park, Pura Vida Gardens & Lunch' excursion (PA4365A) in Puntarenas Costa Rica on an upcoming Panama Canal cruise. If you look at the Princess home page under 'Ports and Shore Excursions', that excursion also shows up..........but...........if you check 'Ports and Shore Excursions' under specific cruise dates for this fall and next winter that particular excursion is missing, including the date we are cruising.

I have not received any e-mails saying that it is cancelled or that is has been replaced by another excursion. So what gives?????? Is it possible that that excursion is sold out for all of those cruises? What other reasons are there that would cause a excursion to go missing.

It might be sold out for your and then maybe it is no longer going to be offered through princess. As long as the excursion shows up as confirmed under your account it is still going for you.

On my 'cruise personalizer' it shows a 'confirmed' booking for 'Carara National Park, Pura Vida Gardens & Lunch' excursion (PA4365A) in Puntarenas Costa Rica on an upcoming Panama Canal cruise. If you look at the Princess home page under 'Ports and Shore Excursions', that excursion also shows up..........but...........if you check 'Ports and Shore Excursions' under specific cruise dates for this fall and next winter that particular excursion is missing, including the date we are cruising.

I have not received any e-mails saying that it is cancelled or that is has been replaced by another excursion. So what gives?????? Is it possible that that excursion is sold out for all of those cruises? What other reasons are there that would cause a excursion to go missing.

When are you sailing? Another issue may be that they don't have the contract ironed out or signed yet. ;)

Sailing this November. The excursion showed up when I booked it and it is in my 'personalizer' as confirmed. Now the excursion is no longer offered for that and other cruises this fall and winter.

Not understanding why 'Princess' would offer an excursion if they didn't have the contract finalized with the tour company. (If that is the case.)

Would rather find out now if a tour was cancelled rather than after we boarded the ship..........and then have to book whatever was leftover.

Am probably fretting over nothing, but have not had this happen to us before.

Sailing this November. The excursion showed up when I booked it and it is in my 'personalizer' as confirmed. Now the excursion is no longer offered for that and other cruises this fall and winter.

Not understanding why 'Princess' would offer an excursion if they didn't have the contract finalized with the tour company. (If that is the case.) Would rather find out now if a tour was cancelled rather than after we boarded the ship..........and then have to book whatever was leftover.

Am probably fretting over nothing, but have not had this happen to us before.

Believe me we all wonder that, it has happened. :(

if you check 'Ports and Shore Excursions' under specific cruise dates for this fall and next winter that particular excursion is missing, including the date we are cruising.

How do you check if a shore excursion is offered for a cruise you are not booked on?

When I go to 'Ports and Shore Excursions' I do not see where it gives an option to pick a specific cruise date.

Unfortunately the only real way to find out is aboard the ship. Calling Princess will most likely get you a different answer each time you call. There can be several explanations that I can think of the biggest being the contract with the tour agency has been broken by one of the two parties. Maybe the tour company has folded, had really bad reports or is in financial trouble such that PCL did not want to associate with them anymore.

I suspect that when you call PCL, you are coming into a call center of some type. The agents read what is on their screen and really don't know much more. Sometimes they may guess the answer and other times just say they don't know. If you have ever been in a call center, it is eye opening to say the least.

If you go to plan a cruise, you can check the excursions for that particular cruise.

As I said Carara National Park, Pura Vida Gardens & Lunch (PA4365A) does not show up for this fall and next winter.......but it does show up for the fall cruises in 2016 and the winter cruises in 2017.

If there were contract problems with the tour company, why is the tour offered in the fall of 2016 and winter of 2017, but not in the fall of 2015 and winter of 2016? But it still shows confirmed in my personalizer for November of 2015. So that is why I am confused.

If you go to plan a cruise, you can check the excursions for that particular cruise.

As I said Carara National Park, Pura Vida Gardens & Lunch (PA4365A) does not show up for this fall and next winter.......but it does show up for the fall cruises in 2016 and the winter cruises in 2017.

If there were contract problems with the tour company, why is the tour offered in the fall of 2016 and winter of 2017, but not in the fall of 2015 and winter of 2016? But it still shows confirmed in my personalizer for November of 2015. So that is why I am confused.

I see what you are saying regarding 2015 vs. 2016 in the general information, but of course I can not access your actual cruise. I would think the only way to answer your questions is to contact Princess and have them check it out if they are able to do so.

One other thing I thought of. At the end of the pier in Punta Arenas is a nice local waterfront area with vendors, food, beer etc. If your tour is cancelled this is a nice place to walk around and have some lunch.

We once booked a tour on line. When we boarded we were notified that the tour we booked had been cancelled and they re-booked us in a different but similar tour. It was basically the same tour with a different tour number and had a different tour operator. Cost was the same. Things like this can happen, but only Princess knows what is going on.

Edited by sknight

Nobody here really knows. I am sure the listings into 2017 are generic from year to year until they are finalized. We are all just guessing like you are. I doubt you will get a straight answer from Princess either. I guess just book it if you can, if not you will have to wait until you board to sort it out.

I had a similar thing happen, and the discussion regarding my question is here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2208098

I see the Embera Indians as an option in things to see... but no excursion listed. In my case I still show as confirmed. Who knows??

Luckily we are far enough time out that there is time to change tours if needed. If needed I will have our TA call the excursion department. Thanks for the suggestions.

Sue2go.......we did the Embera tour in the fall of 2013. We went to the Embera Puru village and thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope you get to experience that tour.

I was trying to book a similar tour and couldn't figure out what was going on. Almost 2 years in advance and it was sold out but I could put in a waiting list? When I call Princess they said --that at this time the tour showed on the web site but she was sure it would not be available because of time limit. I could book it but it would just sit there and show sold out. call Princess