Königsdam brochure in the new Mariner magazine

Tarpeian Rock

We got our Mariner magazine and the brochure today in the mail. (not too bad in the middle of nowhere is it? LOL).

DH likes the look of it :eek:

for those of you that have already booked it, I have a question/favour to ask.

I am curious what the surcharge is for the new seafood restaurant (Sel de Mer I think it's called)

When the specialty dining opens up, if you wouldn't mind letting us know what the cost is, it would be appreciated. thanks :)

Hi Jacqui,

I will be happy to do that. From what I was told by my TA's HAL Business Development Manager, pricing on Sel De Mer is supposed to be on par with the Pinnacle or less. Maybe someone can tell me more next week on Oosterdam.

Mine was also finally in the mail today too, although was hoping to read and see something I had not prior :o It just basically repeated everything I had seen before. But for those that have not had access or not into the HAL CC board I am sure it was nice to see all the new stuff.

for those of you that have already booked it, I have a question/favour to ask.

I am curious what the surcharge is for the new seafood restaurant (Sel de Mer I think it's called)

When the specialty dining opens up, if you wouldn't mind letting us know what the cost is, it would be appreciated. thanks :)

Nothing yet Kazu but I will keep checking Instead I get this These items are unavailable for booking at this time. Please check back later.

Nothing yet Kazu but I will keep checking Instead I get this These items are unavailable for booking at this time. Please check back later.

It is one restaurant I will avoid I am not that wild about sea food..

I noticed--unless my eyes deceive me--that there are only two SC category rooms--and they are both on deck 11. Which, if I calculate correctly, look to be about, oh, say, 37 miles from the Neptune Lounge. Hmm. Well, that ought to be enough distance to burn the calories from those little pastries.

Edited by scamper

thanks kindly Lisa :)

This is one thing that does intrigue me about the new ship :)

I actually missed this until I got the brochure:eek:

Have not received my Mariner Mag yet but did get the world Cruise Maketing Package yesterday..

Unfortunately we, here in SW Fla are the last to get all mail.. If it doesn't come this week I'll give the Mariner Society a call..

Thanks Copper for the heads up!

Got mine yesterday!

Am I mistaken, or is the Explorations Cafe, with library and internet stations tiny, tiny, tiny up in the Crow's Nest?

Should be the same size as on three of the Vistas and the Signatures. Definitely changes however in the location of the Front Office which has been moved up two decks (compared to the Vistas and Signatures) to Prom Deck/Deck3 opposite the Dutch Café. Shorex stays on Deck 1 but is now in the center with meeting rooms (Hudson & Half Moon) on both sides. There are shops on both Deck 2 and Deck 3. Plus there's a regular size Queen's Lounge on Plaza Deck/Deck 2 and a smaller Queen's Lounge on Prom Deck/Deck 3

Plus there's a regular size Queen's Lounge on Plaza Deck/Deck 2 and a smaller Queen's Lounge on Prom Deck/Deck 3

It looks like the Queen's Lounge has a balcony now on the drawing. Or am I reading it wrong? I need a magnifying glass.

It looks like the Queen's Lounge has a balcony now on the drawing. Or am I reading it wrong? I need a magnifying glass.

You're correct, the Queen's Lounge is a two-story room. Like a theater or whatever.

The "ground" floor is the main floor, the "second" level is the balcony and all. It will have tables and chairs, not straight seating like a theater though.

This is one of the pictures that has been on the Koningsdam micro site from the start. There is definitely a balcony

QueensLounge_Dk3.jpg

You're correct, the Queen's Lounge is a two-story room. Like a theater or whatever.

The "ground" floor is the main floor, the "second" level is the balcony and all. It will have tables and chairs, not straight seating like a theater though.

This is one of the pictures that has been on the Koningsdam micro site from the start. There is definitely a balcony

QueensLounge_Dk3.jpg

Thanks.

Looks like fewer signature suites(my favorite)but so far no ship has signature and vista. The new ship has vista suites in the bump out area so they may be larger than usual. I haven"t seen square feet on any of them. From the diagram the vista suite appears to be longer from entry to balcony than on the older ships. I will definitely not miss the orange couch. ugh!

Looks like fewer signature suites(my favorite)but so far no ship has signature and vista. The new ship has vista suites in the bump out area so they may be larger than usual. I haven"t seen square feet on any of them. From the diagram the vista suite appears to be longer from entry to balcony than on the older ships. I will definitely not miss the orange couch. ugh!

there are a lot less Signature Suites - for sure.

One thing though - a small correction - there is one ship in the fleet already that has Signature and Vista suites. The oldest ship in the fleet - Prinsendam :)

From what I can see, there are only 2 SCs, and both are forward on the Sun deck. There are also 2 SQs forward on the Panorama deck. A few of the decks have 2 SBs aft, and the rest of the Neptune suites - the SAs - are on the Navigation Deck with the Neptune Lounge. Did I get it correct?

Roz

Off topic but can someone explain to me why the posts in this thread became oversized and one must scroll to the side to see the while message?

That usually happens if someone posts an oversize photo but the photo was posted after the page went oversize.

Off topic but can someone explain to me why the posts in this thread became oversized and one must scroll to the side to see the while message?

That usually happens if someone posts an oversize photo but the photo was posted after the page went oversize.

The constraint is the large image embedded in the thread. Without getting too technical, the site is missing the CSS (cascading style sheet) that causes the images to resize to the window.

The wide image forces the table cell for the post to be wide. That affects all the other posts on the page, which in turn causes side to side scrolling.

Edited by POA1

Thanks, POA.

I went back and looked again. It did seem to begin with an oversize (but beautiful) :) photo.

I thought it began with text only but I missed the previous photo. :o

Edited by sail7seas

I appreciate all the info on this thread. I called asking to be mailed the mariner magazine. She asked if I wanted the food and wine or the travel magazine. I said no I want the Mariners magazine that contains the info about the Koningsdam. I'm thinking by the time I get it the ship will be sailing :D.

From what I can see, there are only 2 SCs, and both are forward on the Sun deck. There are also 2 SQs forward on the Panorama deck. A few of the decks have 2 SBs aft, and the rest of the Neptune suites - the SAs - are on the Navigation Deck with the Neptune Lounge. Did I get it correct?

Roz

I thought this exact same thing, but my TA looked closely and pointed out there are more Signature Suite's on Deck 7 classified as SS cabins. They are in the midship bumpout.