Bath or Shower?

Stratheden

We recently had combined bath/shower and separate shower in a Signature Suite on the Zuiderdam. In 22 days we did not use the bath combo at all.

Just wondering how many people prefer the combo or would just prefer a shower stall. As I am getting older (70+) I am very apprehensive climbing over the bath edge to shower.

I know it is a very personal thing but I would definitely prefer a larger bathroom with just the shower.

Our April 2016 cruise will be our 1st cruise with a shower & bath combo. I am looking forward to having the option of taking a long soak after a busy day in port. I understand about the bath tub edge though. It'd be nice just having a larger bathroom.

We had the same set up in a Neptune suite. Like you, I preferred the shower stall because of the ease of entry/exit. DH preferred the tub shower because he thought the shower stall too small. He prefers to stand further back from the shower head. He is 75 and has no mobility problems, I am 73 and do! :)

give me my bath tub and I am a happy camper. On a rush day, if I have to, or have been in the sun too long, I will do the shower.

DH loves the shower so we are fine with the combo.

I can give up the bath tub for a day or two, but not for 30 days.

please, please don't take my bath tub away (I think that's a song - LOL)

After a long day of exploring new ports, the Jacuzzi tub is great on my old legs. Otherwise, the shower is fine.

Sometimes getting out of the tub can be trying. We had one on Carnival and I thought I was stuck in it!

DH just had a hip replacement. He is doing great but we would not take the chance of him climbing in and out of a bathtub for 29 days. Hopefully that changes to 50 days if the fall schedule is ever released. :eek:

Cheers, Denise

We will no longer book a room that does not have a shower only. It is extremely difficult for Jane to climb over the high tub and it is not longer even possible for Gary.

Edited by lazey1

Just to be an outlier, I prefer a shower / tub combo to a standalone shower stall. (Unless it's a big, Four Seasons / Ritz Carlton shower. If it's got a rain head, at least three other shower heads, and you can shower whilst riding a pony - then it's okay.)

MY DW prefers a bathtub, while I prefer a shower, so our bathrooms at home have both a shower/tub combo and a walk-in shower in them ... so I guess that's our preference on cruises as well. However, if cruise could only have one variety, I think it should be a walk-in shower ... preferably one similar to the one POA1 pines for above ...

Does anyone know if a Vista suite on the Volendam has a tub?? That's my wife's preference, I prefer showers

Every Vista Suite we've been in has a tub/shower combo.

Koningsdam will no longer have this, just oversized showers.

Another shower person here. I use the bathtub for more room, but my DH uses the shower stall as he has problems getting over that high-sided tub. He won't admit that, though - he always says it's only because I insist that he use the shower stall.:D

We recently had combined bath/shower and separate shower in a Signature Suite on the Zuiderdam. In 22 days we did not use the bath combo at all.

Just wondering how many people prefer the combo or would just prefer a shower stall. As I am getting older (70+) I am very apprehensive climbing over the bath edge to shower.

I know it is a very personal thing but I would definitely prefer a larger bathroom with just the shower.

I had a large walk in shower in an interior cabin one time, and I loved it :) I use the shower/tub combo, though, even if there is a separate shower stall. I like the extra room, compared to the rather small shower stall.

DH & I both prefer to shower.. I'm only 5 ft. tall & since my hip operation I have a problem climbing over the deep sided HAL tubs.. At home our large Master bath has a walk in shower only & our Guest Bath has a low sided tub with shower.. We use the tub to bathe our small Great Grandkids, as they love to play in the tub..

Edited by serendipity1499