Such a thing as inside and balcony connecting cabins?

mcgrate

I know this is a long shot... but does anyone know if such a room configuration exists? An inside room and a balcony room connecting? Not cruiseline specific yet - just looking at options.

2 adults, 1 child and 1 baby - on some lines it looks cheaper to book 2 inside rooms than 1 balcony room.

Thanks!

Actually, I think they have two balcony cabins that connect to an inside on Royal Caribbean Freedom and Voyager class ships - look at deck plans for deck 9. But because there are only two cabins with this combo, I bet they book up quickly.

I would second PP suggestion and look at Oasis class ships - they have connecting balconies, which overlook Central Park or the Boardwalk area. The aft cabins in Boardwalk area can view ocean, but they can also be a bit noisy. We met a couple that I our last cruise who booked connecting ocean view cabins and they said it worked out perfectly for their two young children.

I know this is a long shot... but does anyone know if such a room configuration exists? An inside room and a balcony room connecting? Not cruiseline specific yet - just looking at options.

2 adults, 1 child and 1 baby - on some lines it looks cheaper to book 2 inside rooms than 1 balcony room.

Thanks!

Connected by the hallway...

Celebrity has a room called a Family room. It sleeps 5, and can only be booked for 5 until they decide to release it closer to sailing.

The family rooms are a bedroom with a large bed, a smaller room with bunk beds, and a living room with a sleeper sofa. There is only one bathroom, in the common area. There is an ocean view room that can be connected, providing sleeping for 7-8 easily.

Thanks!

Carnival Miracle, Spirt, Pride and LEgend have this configuration.

there are two combo cabins on each deck so not many to chose from

and these go rather quickly

Just curious why you would not just all stay in the same balcony cabin. Friends of mine took their 2 little ones (ages 3 and 1) and they stayed in a mini-suite on NCL which I believe had a bathtub. It saved quite a bit of money too.

Here's what I would do. And I'm just putting it out there for consideration. I would book a balcony and an inside across the hall and bring a sitter along to stay in the inside room with the children.

Thanks!

Not sure what cruise line you are looking at, but on Carnival (on Magic, Dream, Breeze or Vista), if you book two connecting cove balconies, you can probably ask to have the storm door of one cabin closed, which would turn it into a ocean view room. I can't guarantee that they will oblige your request, but it can't hurt to ask.

Edited by bakersdozen12