Water Bottle?

Is it advisable to take our own refillable water bottles with us for the cruise and on shore trips?

What do you mean by "advisable"? If you want to have a water bottle with you and you don't want to pay for one on the ship, then bring your own.

What do you mean by "advisable"? If you want to have a water bottle with you and you don't want to pay for one on the ship, then bring your own.

Maybe advisable is too formal a word. I was not sure if it was worth packing them?

I take an empty rubbermaid plastic bottle. After breakfast in the Windjammer, I get a few cups of ice, bring them back to the table, and fill up my plastic bottle with the cups of ice. I then let the ice melt throughout the day while we're on an excursion. This method avoids filling up my bottle at the soda fountain, which is frowned upon for health/sanitary reasons.

Edited by cruisePAC

Maybe advisable is too formal a word. I was not sure if it was worth packing them?

We always carry our own water bottles. Purple for me and Blue for DH. They have a ring that goes over one finger very comfortable. Those bottles mark your place on the shore excursions bus -- ship water bottles all look the same. Empty before Security at airport and then fill after TSA. This also encourages us to drink as we are used to 2-3 bottles a day and this familiar bottle we know how much. If you buy water on shore or have a bottle of water available just throw it in your bottle. They fit in mini fridges. I also use the water bottle to treat water with a steripen (Ultraviolet light) in countries where I don't trust the water supply. Water on the ship is perfectly fine. A small paper cup makes it easier to fill in room. A drop of dishwashing soap (I use that to remove stains also) and hot water cleans up the bottles well.

You can get water almost anywhere....I don't feel the need to have a bottle in my hand all day, every day since I was a baby!!!

Well for me this trip I need to encourage hubby to drink lots. Thought if he has it handy mostly out in the heat he would constantly be taking sips. Just over a month ago he had a kidney removed and even with things well now I am paranoid.

It is a personal thing, and I know you can get water everywhere. I drink a great deal of water every day and easier for me to have a sturdy water bottle with me.

I was in the hospital with a bad kidney infection, fortunately I could tolerate antibiotics needed, still have both kidneys. I'm very aware of how important water is and always having it with me, rather than searching for a place to buy some, is what I prefer.

I always take two of the Britta individual water bottles. I refill it in the cabin. That way I can keep track of how much water I have taken in. A year ago, the day after returning from a land/cruise vacation, I experienced my first kidney stone. I have no doubt that I get dehydrated when traveling. I don't want that experience again.

We bought hydroflasks for the family (favorite color for everyone). They keep water freezing cold all day. No one in my family drinks sodas, we all drink tons of water all day, so these will be great for excursions in the hot sun. I'm not sure how we're going to get them on the ship, though. I think we will have to empty them before we go through security and carry them on (we are driving, so airport isn't an issue). Would like to keep them full of water as we board on Sunday, but I think that might not be an option since they are not "sealed" bottles. Anyone have experience with taking water on board during embarkation?

I always take two of the Britta individual water bottles. I refill it in the cabin. That way I can keep track of how much water I have taken in. A year ago, the day after returning from a land/cruise vacation, I experienced my first kidney stone. I have no doubt that I get dehydrated when traveling. I don't want that experience again.

That may be the same one DW uses, I know hers has a filter built in.

You can get water almost anywhere....I don't feel the need to have a bottle in my hand all day, every day since I was a baby!!!

You'll note that the people you see carrying water bottles everywhere are the ones who are usually in the best physical shape. Highly Recommend!

which is frowned upon for health/sanitary reasons.

Nothing to do with frowned upon, it is plain and simple not permitted and there is signage stating so.

The part most unsanitary is the practice of refilling water bottles when the mouth of the bottle it in contact with the spout. yuck.

If you want to refill your own coffee mug, which is more difficult when pouring hot coffee from cups to your mug. The staff behind the coffee stands are use to asking to have them pour the coffee right into your personal mug. They know not to have the two units touch.

i wish somehow they could put some signage next to the buffets on proper etiquette.