Is this too much to do in one day at embarkation port?

This will be my first time taking a cruise to Alaska. Since this will also be my first time to visit Seattle (the debarkation port), I am flying in one day early. I am flying from LAX to SEA on 9/4, scheduled to arrive around 11 AM.

The main things I want to do in Seattle is to do a Savor Seattle Food Tour of Pike Place Market, go to Chuhuily Gardens, and go up the Space Needle. The only time available for the food tour on Sat. is 2 PM (tour is 2 hours long) and then I plan to spend an hour or so afterwards (or before) doing a bit of shopping there.

After touring Pike Place Market, I hope to go up the Space Needle and go to Chuhuhily Gardens (which are next to each other). Not sure which one I will do first.

Do you think I have enough time in the day to do all this, and also travel from airport, check into hotel, etc?

Also, is there some place at the Princess cruise terminal to store your luggage when you return from the cruise? My flight is later in the afternoon and I want to be able to squeeze in a little more sightseeing before heading off to airport to fly home.

This will be my first time taking a cruise to Alaska. Since this will also be my first time to visit Seattle (the debarkation port), I am flying in one day early. I am flying from LAX to SEA on 9/4, scheduled to arrive around 11 AM.

The main things I want to do in Seattle is to do a Savor Seattle Food Tour of Pike Place Market, go to Chuhuily Gardens, and go up the Space Needle. The only time available for the food tour on Sat. is 2 PM (tour is 2 hours long) and then I plan to spend an hour or so afterwards (or before) doing a bit of shopping there.

After touring Pike Place Market, I hope to go up the Space Needle and go to Chuhuhily Gardens (which are next to each other). Not sure which one I will do first.

Do you think I have enough time in the day to do all this, and also travel from airport, check into hotel, etc?

Also, is there some place at the Princess cruise terminal to store your luggage when you return from the cruise? My flight is later in the afternoon and I want to be able to squeeze in a little more sightseeing before heading off to airport to fly home.

Arrive at 11:00

Downtown Hotel at 12:30

Pikes Place at 1:30

Chihuly at 6:00

Space Needle at 7:30

You should be able to fit it all in in one day. You have 3 hours to get from airport to Pikes Place and barring any traffic issues you'll be okay.

There's a $35pp minimum charge for dinner at the Space Needle revolving restaurant but that may maximize your time there. I would personally make a dinner reservation for 7:15pm, spend an hour (inside) at Chihuly, have dinner and watch the sunset at 7:45, and go back to (gardens) Chihuly after dinner and stay till 10pm close. The Space Needle dinner reservation includes the lift up.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g60878-d3184389-r278714451-Chihuly_Garden_and_Glass-Seattle_Washington.html

http://www.spaceneedle.com/dinner/

http://www.spaceneedle.com/reservations/

If you don't want dinner, there's a Chihuly/Needle combo price for $33 or Chihuly only price of $23 if you pre-buy online. ($2 savings)

http://www.chihulygardenandglass.com/visit/plan-your-visit#admission

Here's an exerpt from my 2013 journal on our port stop in Seattle. Prices have gone up but you can take transit to save some money.

Seattle

We walked 5 minutes to the Magnolia Bridge and took the $2 bus #24 westbound to the $17 underground tour. We asked for a transfer which was good for 2.5 hours. After the underground tour we walked to the wharf area and ate at Ivar's. From there it was a short walk to Pikes Place market to watch the fish tossing. As we've been to the market before, we used our transfers on the #24 eastbound to Seattle center and went to the $19 Chihully Gardens. There was a dual Space Needle and Chihully pass for a little more. We then took the #24 eastbound back to the bridge stop.

Edited by lamchops

I think you can do it but you may have to rush around a bit.

Keep in mind Seattle's airport is a little drive outside city center.

Edited by sail7seas

Consider dining at Chihuly gardens as well, especially if the cafe is open into the evening. The cafe is full of displays-- some embedded in the tables-- of Chihuly's eccentric collections, (such as transistor radios and children's toys,) and the food is really excellent-- far more ambitious and creative than the usual run-of-the-mill museum cafe.

The view from the top of the Space Needle is worth seeing, and the gift shop is excellent. The restaurant at the top is waaaaay over-priced and the food is not that great.

I'm not sure if the Pike Place food tour is worth doing unless you are a real foodie. You can just walk around and take in the action and food on your own. The tour might be great, but you don't NEED to do a tour to get a feel for the market.

Thanks for the heads up about storage.

BeagleOne, I am a foodie :D, so this tour is perfect for me. I also get overwhelmed easily when I have too many choices at one, so the food tour will help know what to choose for food choices.

I think I will get the Space Needle/Chuhuily Garden ticket combo, and skip the dinner there.

How far (timewise) of a cab ride is the airport from downtown Seattle, just curious? I know cab will run me about $40, which is fine.

Edited by renaissancewoman101

Most ships have tours after you return to the home port. This is for passengers who have later flights. You take your luggage with you and they drop you off at the airport after the tour. You usually find theses tours in the back of the tour booklet you'll find in your cabin when you get on board.

Maybe someone here has done one and can tell you about them.