Wine by the Glass

drafterdw

Dose anyone have any info on wine by the glass. We are booked with the Classic Beverage Package. Last year we were on Celebrity and had upgraded to Premium due to the poor selection of white wine by the glass. Would like to know if they have a pinot by glass that fits the $9 cost.

In my experience there is always a Pinot Grigio by the glass in the MDR and most of the bars that is covered by the classic package.

If you want a Pinot Noir by the glass however, I have found those to typically be priced above $9.

Enjoy your trip!

On recent Summit cruise there was no Pinot Noir in the Classic package and only one, Castle Rock, in the Premium available in the MDR (it's $13-16 a bottle in my local beverage store, $15 a glass on the ship). The MDR sommelier found me a decent Spanish Red, within my Premium pkg, that I chose most evenings. In Qsine, Steele Pinot Noir was, if memory serves me, within the Premium amount. All Pinot Noirs at the wine bar were over the Premium and I paid the difference.

After entering all this I realize you're probably looking for Pinot Grigio within that classic limit--I think there might have been one. There were no wines In the Classic that I would drink and that is the reason I upgraded.

I drank proscecco or the white zinfandel which is, of course, rose.

Don't like heavy wines as I fall asleep if I have a glass at lunchtime - hey, on holiday! - and my French husband won't drink red when it is hot.

There were one or perhaps two white wines on the classic package but nothing to tempt me. I was discovering the world of cocktails and frozen drinks.

We found if we mentioned a drink we liked then the somalier in the restaurants they would find us something similar. We had the premium package but one of my favourite reds was a classic. It really is very hit and miss with all wines, especially in the bars.

Ahh , my bugbear with the Beverage Packages.

Whilst there is a fantastic selection of beer and spirits in both packages -- wine is disregarded ...

Shame , Celebrity , Shame , calling your Beverage Package Premium and offering little or no wine that even pretends to be Premium -- or even Classic ?. Even the few token wines that previously graced the "By The Glass " list are now extra per glass - pathetic offerings included - I remain perplexed by Celebritys inability to offer a reasonable selection of wine within their Premium Package .:mad:

I am by no means a wine expert but I know what I like. I am a Chardonnay drinker and the classic pkg had a really nice one that I drank every night at dinner and any other time I wanted a glass of wine. I would wait to upgrade after you are on board.

I don't understand the difficulty with red wines covered by the Premium package. The sommeliers we have had in both the MDR & Blu have given us multiple choices. On our last cruise we tried a number of red wines we hadn't tried previously and I found a Pinot Noir I really liked.

We don't look at the list of wines by the glass, we just tell the sommelier what we are ordering for our main course & let them take it from there

I don't understand the difficulty with red wines covered by the Premium package. The sommeliers we have had in both the MDR & Blu have given us multiple choices. On our last cruise we tried a number of red wines we hadn't tried previously and I found a Pinot Noir I really liked.

We don't look at the list of wines by the glass, we just tell the sommelier what we are ordering for our main course & let them take it from there

The same applies for anyone with the classic package.:D

I found the sommeliers to be very helpful when I told them I had a premium package, and liked a full-bodied red. I tried some lovely Spanish and South African wines I would have passed by if I were picking for myself.

Just let them know what package you have, and what you like. They'll find something very suitable.

Whilst there is a fantastic selection of beer and spirits in both packages -- wine is disregarded ...

Shame , Celebrity , Shame , calling your Beverage Package Premium and offering little or no wine that even pretends to be Premium -- or even Classic ?. Even the few token wines that previously graced the "By The Glass " list are now extra per glass - pathetic offerings included - I remain perplexed by Celebritys inability to offer a reasonable selection of wine within their Premium Package .:mad:

Just off Equinox on 4th July with regard to choice of wines available in bars and speciality dining i found the choice very limited.Last year before the demise of Cellermasters the list of wines to try was huge , now in the replacement bar Gastropub there are 4 white wines and four red wines to choose from !!! and thats the premium package..in Silk Harvest there are only two wines available by the glass ....the bog standard Sov Blanc is a palatable Marlborough called Clifford bay and this is what you will be offered in every bar.if you ask for an alternative you might be lucky or not ..In Murano the choice is great , drawback is most are over the premium price so more to shell out ...Whilst beer and cocktail drinkers seem to be spoilt for choice I'm afraid ...the Equinox for wine lovers left me underwhelmed ..To add to your problem the amount of staff free to serve you has shrunk , we found no waiter service at the Sunset bar with a10 min wait at busy times , i.e. sail aways..all that said it still a great ship

Bravo! We were on the Reflection in Feb and the premium wine selection was dismal. We never found a wine sommelier, only "wine stewards." I sent a glass back in the Tuscan Grill and he scolded me. We were never offered anything but what was on the menu. Sometimes there was only one red and white in the premium range. Most bars only carried the house Wente. We upgraded from Classic to Premium just for the wines and were very disappointed.

Edited by 81Zoomie

I've found the classic wine package hit or miss. It also changes by venue where some bars have a better selection than others.

My wife is a Pinot Grigio drinker and I don't recall her having any problems with the classic package. I don't recall a Pinot Noir being available however.

just off equinox on 4th july with regard to choice of wines available in bars and speciality dining i found the choice very limited.last year before the demise of cellermasters the list of wines to try was huge , now in the replacement bar gastropub there are 4 white wines and four red wines to choose from !!! And thats the premium package..in silk harvest there are only two wines available by the glass ....the bog standard sov blanc is a palatable marlborough called clifford bay and this is what you will be offered in every bar.if you ask for an alternative you might be lucky or not ..in murano the choice is great , drawback is most are over the premium price so more to shell out ...whilst beer and cocktail drinkers seem to be spoilt for choice i'm afraid ...the equinox for wine lovers left me underwhelmed ..to add to your problem the amount of staff free to serve you has shrunk , we found no waiter service at the sunset bar with a10 min wait at busy times , i.e. Sail aways..all that said it still a great ship

exactly !

Bravo! We were on the Reflection in Feb and the premium wine selection was dismal. We never found a wine sommelier, only "wine stewards." I sent a glass back in the Tuscan Grill and he scolded me. We were never offered anything but what was on the menu. Sometimes there was only one red and white in the premium range. Most bars only carried the house Wente. We upgraded from Classic to Premium just for the wines and were very disappointed.

I'm amazed at the acceptance of ordinary wines & ridiculously limited selection even after upgrading to the so called Premium Beverage Package . I for one do not want the wine waiter to select my wine and surprise me either .

I'm amazed at the acceptance of ordinary wines & ridiculously limited selection even after upgrading to the so called Premium Beverage Package . I for one do not want the wine waiter to select my wine and surprise me either .

I am not so sure it is so much selecting but rather suggesting wines that will compliment the meal and fit in the package.:D

I am not so sure it is so much selecting but rather suggesting wines that will compliment the meal and fit in the package.:D

Not too hard suggesting something from that extensive wine by the glass list hey ?:rolleyes: - or maybe it is hard given what is offered. Sure there a some wines by the glass that would fit into a " Premium Package " offering , except they require an upcharge above the Premium Package limit.

The point is - the wine by the glass selection included in the Premium Package is very limited and very very ordinary -

See that is why I love the upgrade to Premium!! I would never buy wine at home on a whim! But with the pkg I tried lots of recommended wines and now have new favourites to buy at home. I have absolutely no problem trying new wines and paying $2-5 extra on the ship!! Fell in love with Conundrum last cruise and now serving it at home but without the sommelier's recommendation I would still be drinking the same old, same old chardonnay:( Celebrity has a great selection of wines, much better than most ships and rather than spending a huge amount on a bottle and not knowing whether we like it, we will continue to enjoy the premium pkg and experiment:)

Our last 14 night cruise we had a $26 charge for premium wines!! Well worth it to us:)

Edited by Christine Frances