Majesty to get Upgraded

Legend did a 9 night with all three of the ABC's last year. We also stopped in Ochoa Rios. It was out of Ft Lauderdale. I think Explorer did it also out of PC

Also Freedom is doing GC, Honduras, Costa Maya and Cozumel in Aug 2016. I didn't even realize that when we booked. I figured it was a normal western

Oh wow, I didn't know that.

That Freedom itinerary is similar to one we did on Carnival Dream in 2010. I think we went to Belize instead of GC. It was so hot the day we were in Honduras, that I do remember! I'd do that itinerary again though. :)

I would not expect them to offer any compensation for the final two cruises on Her Majesty -- but waiting until they notify you specifically, should get you some compensation from Royal. It may not give you the flexibility you want however....but who knows.

I don't see why they would be obligated to notify anyone, it's not like the voyage is cancelled. On the other hand, it might be wise to monitor prices on your own. If many cancel due their dissatisfaction with it not being an event, prices could drop. Personally, I don't get the I want to be last one on the ship mentality, but asm always YMMV

Personally, I don't think they would get rid of JR's. However, replacing Compass Deli would make sense, as Royal would rather have an upcharge venue in its place.

In the press release, when the list the post dry dock dining venues, JR's is not mentioned. Since it is (or was) a strong selling point for that ship, I presume if it still existed post dry dock, it would have been mentioned. Also, Izumi generates more revenue than a JR's.

Here is what they are offering for those booked on RH,out of Pt Canaveral............

In case the print is hard to read:

July 6, 2015

Dear Valued Guest,.......

Re-book on the corresponding sailing on the Majesty of the Seas in the same stateroom category at the same protected rate you are currently booked at or for the lowest available cruise fare, whichever is lower.

$50 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $100 onboard credit for suites when you rebook any Royal Caribbean sailing. ..........

Thank you for your understanding. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we hope to welcome you onboard soon.

I am trying to catch up with all of you on this newest info on Her Majesty, which is difficult to do reading through all of this.

But this letter, surely confuses me. The two ships are not the same, so offering someone a 'similar cabin on MJ' when there must be a lot less suites of all kinds, including JS, and there are no balcony cabins that are not suites on MJ....and there must be cabins with balconies that are not JS on RH.

If I read this correctly (maybe I am not) they will be giving a cruiser who rebooks on MJ the OBC being offered....to me, still not enough to compensate for the difference in ship.

We all know this is coming from someone who has loved the cruises we have taken on Her Majesty.

In the press release, when the list the post dry dock dining venues, JR's is not mentioned. Since it is (or was) a strong selling point for that ship, I presume if it still existed post dry dock, it would have been mentioned. Also, Izumi generates more revenue than a JR's.

True, but the press release focuses on new venues. I really have no opinion, just pointing that out

We did try to go to Izumi on Oasis, but they couldn't honor or BOGO, so we did chops

Edited by John&LaLa

I am trying to catch up with all of you on this newest info on Her Majesty, which is difficult to do reading through all of this.

But this letter, surely confuses me. The two ships are not the same, so offering someone a 'similar cabin on MJ' when there must be a lot less suites of all kinds, including JS, and there are no balcony cabins that are not suites on MJ....and there must be cabins with balconies that are not JS on RH.

If I read this correctly (maybe I am not) they will be giving a cruiser who rebooks on MJ the OBC being offered....to me, still not enough to compensate for the difference in ship.

We all know this is coming from someone who has loved the cruises we have taken on Her Majesty.

Those that booked a balcony cabin on RH will ger a JS on MJ at no extra cost plus OBC.

I agree Paulette, hopefully I will get two trips worked out later today and get the JS I paid for

Personally, I don't think they would get rid of JR's. However, replacing Compass Deli would make sense, as Royal would rather have an upcharge venue in its place.

I just got off the Majesty on July 6. The Compass Deli was under-utilized, as usual. In the evenings, it is now offering a Mexican buffet for $12 pp. Looks like they might be easing in the transition to Sabor.

I just got off the Majesty on July 6. The Compass Deli was under-utilized, as usual. In the evenings, it is now offering a Mexican buffet for $12 pp. Looks like they might be easing in the transition to Sabor.

Then there you go. Sabor at deli, chef's table in private Dining room, izumi and DL/CL combo in VCL. Water slide at rock wall. That wasn't so hard

Edited by John&LaLa

Not much need for a suite lounge, they only have around 10 suites and it's not the kind of ship Pinnacles flock to.

Are you kidding?? Pinnacles flocked to the MN,then EN,out of PC(just not during the summer).......they will flock..:p:p

Those that booked a balcony cabin on RH will ger a JS on MJ at no extra cost plus OBC.

Doubtful. There aren't enough JS on Majesty to cover the people who booked a JS on Rhapsody, let alone those who booked a balcony cabin;)

I

(Not sure if one of the five ships would be the Majesty)

Pullmantur group does include the line Croisières de France, which also has just acquired a ship from Pullamantur.

The group currently has 5 ships including the three core ships of Empress, Sovereign and Monarch.

Two ships have been transferred to Croisières de France, the MV Horizon (2014) and the MV Zenith (2012).

To further complicate things the MV Horizon has been sailing for 2 months of the year as Horizon for Pullmantur Cruises. They are currently selling the ship in both markets for both lines.

It is therefore unclear if the discussion in the quoted text is regarding Horizon or Majesty.

While economic and market conditions have not been ideal, their focus on the Latin American market has been somewhat successful.

I had wondered if the fact that RCI was pulling out of South America for the 2016-17 season and the pull out from Colon Panama the year prior was actually part of the plan to strengthen Pullmantur.

It was unusual that while they had made some port bookings for Majesty they had never come with any itineraries or marketing information for the ship that was set for release next May.

Not much need for a suite lounge, they only have around 10 suites and it's not the kind of ship Pinnacles flock to.

Oh, I don't agree with that at all. Those 3/4 nighters out of Miami on MJ were a Pinnacle Mecca. In fact, both the #1 and #2 cruisers were regulars on MJ. Don't even get me started on the Diamonds in December promotion on MJ! ;)

Really? When this is all said and done, what ships will you have in PC and what ships will I have in Miami? Better yet, try to sell that argument to the rest of the country who have to fly to their cruises. I have a feeling your first world problem isn't going to get much sympathy.

What crappy ship(s) is that other poster referring to that keep getting sent to Canaveral? I'm booked for next May on Freedom which will be sailing from there, and I don't consider that a "crap" ship by any standards.

Doubtful. There aren't enough JS on Majesty to cover the people who booked a JS on Rhapsody, let alone those who booked a balcony cabin;)

Just talked with the redeployment desk, and it's true. Balcony bookings are being moved to JS. As someone who originally booked a JS, and one of the prime corner afts at that, I feel a bit gypped. Someone who booked a balcony at half what I paid is being upgraded from a 191 ft room to a 221 ft JS, while I'm being downgraded from a 241 ft JS to a 221 ft one at full JS price plus losing that huge wraparound aft balcony. Of course, I do get $50 more OBC, so that surely makes up the difference. Not. :mad:

I'd love to know the reasoning (OK, I'm lobbing a softball here:rolleyes:) behind swapping MJ and EN. If they decide to keep MJ, why not leave EN alone in Port Canaveral.

I could never figure out why they did not swap ships more frequently. For example, how many years will Adventure stay in San Juan? Explore was there for many years before. If RCCL has decided this is where a Voyager class ship needs to be, then flip them out every other year for some type of variety.

I assume with Oasis going to Port Canaveral, maybe it's a total bed number thing??? :)

Just talked with the redeployment desk, and it's true. Balcony bookings are being moved to JS. As someone who originally booked a JS, and one of the prime corner afts at that, I feel a bit gypped. Someone who booked a balcony at half what I paid is being upgraded from a 191 ft room to a 221 ft JS, while I'm being downgraded from a 241 ft JS to a 221 ft one at full JS price plus losing that huge wraparound aft balcony. Of course, I do get $50 more OBC, so that surely makes up the difference. Not. :mad:

As far as half,that is not the case for the RH Nov 10th one..........a JS was only about $100 more.

Actually,I just looked.............MY D1 was $70 less than the JS..

Edited by PH8

...I assume with Oasis going to Port Canaveral, maybe it's a total bed number thing??? :)

Possibly, but Enchantment and Majesty are very close in total passenger capacity. Rhapsody would have been a drop in passenger capacity from Enchantment.

I'll miss the Solarium, Park Cafe, and that huge pool deck on Enchantment.

Edited by clarea

Makes no sense. What are they doing with RH passengers who booked a JS initially? MJ only has 50 JS total, and RH has 66:eek:

I'll miss the Solarium, Park Cafe, and that huge pool deck on Enchantment.

Enchantment has the best pool deck. I will certainly miss her when she is gone from PC. We had booked Majesty as a goodbye to the Sovereign class, but I had much rather keep Enchantment.

Edited by SECdawg