cruise port to Ft Lauderdale airport

gooberpetey

In November I will be on Allure & it docks in Ft Lauderdale at 7am. We have a flight out of the airport at 11am but the ship transfer is too late for that flight. Is it easy to get a taxi from the port to the airport at 8am? Any helpful info is greatly appreciated

There are lots of taxis at the cruise terminals. It is about a 10 - 15 minute ride to the airport.

Even though your ship arrives at 7 AM, you have to wait until it is cleared by the local authorities.

Most cruise lines tell you not to book flights until after Noon.

You will have to do self-disembarkation where you lug all your luggage off the ship yourself. You may make your flight. Hope you have back-up plans if you miss your flight.

The biggest tie up will getting your luggage checked in at the airport and getting through security. Those lines can be very long. Saturdays and Sundays are zoo days at the airport.

On the Florida Departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

you will see this topic discussed daily. Cabs are VERY plentiful. The only time I would even worry about a delay getting a taxi is if you hit the curb during the peak rush- say 8:30-9am. If you are doing an 11am flight, you want to do everything to be at the curb well before 8:30. Allure's early arrival and offloading helps you here considerably.

CruiserBruce has it right.

Normally I have concerns with flights before noon but you have two things going for you and that is Allure of the Seas and RCI has a very efficient disembarkation and Fort Lauderdale. Taxis are normally plentiful.

Keith

Check out RCCL luggage valet, you get your luggage tags and boarding pass the last night of the cruise. You leave your luggage out the last night as usual and pick them up at your destination, you then bypass the check-in counter and go directly to boarding. The cost is 20.00 PP, I believe the earliest flight time is 11 am.. happy cruising

You can see the airport from ship.Do the earliest disembark you can and carry all your luggage off yourself. Do NOT take ship bus as it waits to leave until full.Take your own taxi.Shuttles also can sit until full.