How did this happen, PRINCESS?!

Shyle

Hello All,

As some know and some don't know, I'm surprising my GF with an over night cruise Seattle to Vancouver. It's her "first cruise" just to see how she likes it. I'm not the richest girl in the world so I waited until our train tickets were on a deep discount (checked everyday!) and booked us in an obstructed view cabin. Not the best but because I'm footing the bill I took what I could.

June 30th, I found an email from Princess Cruises from June 15th (I seriously thought they were just telling me of the new pre book your beverage cards for the second time, so I bypassed it) stating that we had been upgraded to a (low category) balcony room!!! Over kill for one night but I was soooooo excited!!! I told my best friend. I sent her a message in all CAPS that we had gotten upgraded.

Two hours later... I KID YOU NOT...

We were upgraded AGAIN to the highest category balcony room on the Aloha deck. I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!! We are going to be smack dab centre ship, two below Lido. Our room is steps, STEPS from the Panoramic Elevators.

For $400, it's sure shaping up to be a fun trip! I found a random flash sale for train tickets and then our room is upgraded....twice!!

Emerald to Aloha, here we come!!!!

Yeah, OP... you had us worried that something bad had happened.

We are sure you and GF will have a great time.

Steve & Pete

Same here ... thought something bad.

Glad it turned out to be HAPPY News! :D

LuLu

Our very first cruise with Princess (1996) the dirty dogs upgraded us from an OV to an Aloha balcony on a Vancouver to L.A. cruise.

Like the O.P. we took a short cruise to see if we would like it.

Long story short, we've been cruising ever since but having had her first cruise in a balcony stateroom, no way was D.W. going unless she had a balcony.

Princess has cost me serious $$ ever since because nothing less than a balcony will do.:)

Edited by WpgCruise

For $400, it's sure shaping up to be a fun trip! I found a random flash sale for train tickets and then our room is upgraded....twice!!

Emerald to Aloha, here we come!!!!

Great news on your run of luck!! If I sent you the money, would you buy a lottery ticket for me? You are on a roll and I'd love to be able to have some of that luck rub off on me. :p

I've got a note on my calendar about your cruise but try and remember to drop a line here before you head down to Seattle so I won't have a brain-belch and forget about you. I'll probably be greeting buses the day you sail and I've got something set up for y'all's arrival (yes, I know you can't double-hyphenate a word, my wife told me that years ago but I'm hard-headed!) and processing.

We may even see you on the ship as I think we're scheduled for that short cruise.

Tom

Seriously! You had me going there for awhile as I remembered awhile ago when you had posted how you wanted to surprise your GF.

I thought oh no don't tell me it didn't work out!!! :eek:

I so glad that its going your way!! Have a fantastic time, take it all in and tell us what you thought of it all.. :D

Bon Voyage!!

I am glad this is all working out for you. You might not want to leave your cabin if these upgrades keep coming.

On the other hand....for those of you CC'er who are on the board all the time...Is this a nasty "bait and switch" issue???? Just joking.

Congrats, on the double upgrade.

Just curious. Before, you received either of the upgrades - had you paid your cruise in full?

We're on the two cruises after yours and haven't received anything - but we haven't paid in full either. I'll gladly pay in full if we might get free upgrades.

OP, congratulations on that nice (double) upgrade!!

Our very first cruise with Princess (1996) the dirty dogs upgraded us from an OV to an Aloha balcony on a Vancouver to L.A. cruise.

Like the O.P. we took a short cruise to see if we would like it.

Long story short, we've been cruising ever since but having had her first cruise in a balcony stateroom, no way was D.W. going unless she had a balcony.

Princess has cost me serious $$ ever since because nothing less than a balcony will do.:)

I feel your pain brother! Same situation as far as the balcony goes. Every since our first cruise together in 2000 only a balcony was acceptable from that point on. We did take one cruise with a window cabin (special circumstance) and that won't happen again.......:cool:.......OK, I admit it, I am also happier with the balcony cabins.icon14.gif