Where do you stay, night before, in Miami?

qa4ever

What taxi service did you use? Did you call a specific taxi company to take you to the port?

Let the hotel front desk arrange for your cab - they will know who to call for reliable service.

Forgot to mention they do have a shuttle to the pier for $10 and a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel.

We are staying at the ES Sea-Tac (Seattle) in September for our next AlaskaN cruise. I got it for $109 (with all the afore mentioned amenities) thru a website that sounds like it starts with an "x'.

• 1 month later...

I just booked our hotel for Jan 23. I prefer Marriott for the rewards program but I'll stay anywhere that's a good deal. Like always I found the best deal at a Marriott property; Residence Inn by the airport on 42nd Ave (part of the complex of 3 Marriott hotels with Starbucks on site). It had the biggest room- not that it matters for one night- and free breakfast. Also a shuttle from the airport. Best part - $151. You have to be a AAA member for that price but even without it, it was around $180.

I haven't stayed there yet and I haven't been to Miami in 15 years and even then I was a teen passing through. It seems like LOTS of places say "airport" and use that term loosely, and I don't know neighborhoods at all as far as what's sketchy and what's not. We don't have a car though so I don't need to worry about it being broken into and this hotel seems like a great choice because we won't need to leave the property until it's time to head to the ship. I'm planning on taking a taxi. All the hotels I found that offered a shuttle to the port had a scheduled departure time in the afternoon and I don't really want to waste half of my first cruise day sitting in a hotel waiting for 1pm to arrive. Also it seems that the MIA shuttle doesn't stop at 10pm like others but I guess I will find out for sure in Jan! I will update the board after our trip. Only 5 more months...

Edited by min2758

• 2 weeks later...
We vote for one of the hotels in the Marriott complex. Their shuttle is $10. Very pleasant services, plus their shuttle runs 24/7 from the airport. Very convenient since some stop at 10

Stayed their twice.

Merriem, I am booked for a precruise night at one of the Marriots in this complex through my own web research. With you having stayed there I appreciate your personal recommendation.

Merriem, I am booked for a precruise night at one of the Marriots in this complex through my own web research. With you having stayed there I appreciate your personal recommendation.

Great Choice. I have stayed at the Marriott in this Marriott Complex many many times. There is a Marriott, Courtyard and residence inn on site. The Marriott has a decent lobby bar and canefire grill Restaurant. Also an M lounge. There is also a Starbucks in the Marriott lobby. The Courtyard has a decent sports bar. You can dine or have drinks in any of the three hotels and sign to your room.

There airport shuttle runs about every 20 minutes.

anybody find any bargains for downtown Miami for February 6th?

By bargains I mean $250 and below?

Bill

It's not $250.00 but I found $288.00 for the Hampton Inn in Miami which does include a nice breakfast. If you factor in the breakfast would be comparable to $250.00 without breakfast.

Keith

We booked the JW Mariott for Feb. 5th. & 6th. through LMT for $223.00

I was just on LMT and don't see any hotels for the price you guys paid in the downtown area.

I have used LMT many times in the past and usually got the Intercontinental for a good price.

Any thing i may be missing to get this hotel for that price?

TIA

Bill

Are you looking at the members only site..lmtclub.com ? Join and you will get the best values. Prices vary monthly and day of week. Everything boils down to available rooms offered at a discount. They change so keep an eye open on any of the sites. No hotel is ALWAYS listed and certainly at a certain rate.

Priceline express deals has a couple good values too.

Are you looking at the members only site..lmtclub.com ? Join and you will get the best values. Prices vary monthly and day of week. Everything boils down to available rooms offered at a discount. They change so keep an eye open on any of the sites. No hotel is ALWAYS listed and certainly at a certain rate.

Priceline express deals has a couple good values too.

No i wasnt using the club link. See it clear as dsy now. Thanks so much for the assistance.

I really appreciate it

Bill

Several months ago I read a review (think it was on Princess) and the reviewer said in order to save money he and his wife slept in their car the night before, and it was his wife's birthday, too!

GOOD LORD!!!!! What a cheap ass. I'd love to read the report.

I'd kill my husband if he even tried to suggest.

To all of you staying by the airport, just know that the areas around there go from really crime ridden to sketchy at best. Be aware of your surroundings, don't leave anything visible in your car, and don't walk around after dark.

We love the downtown area and have stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay, JW Marquis Marriott and the JW Marriott. The Bayside Market or the Mary Brickell Village are nice to walk around and have dinner and drinks. There are several stores around to pick up last minute water and items. There are several hotels in this area and many people use online companies and grab great deals. Plus you are within a mile of the port. Good luck and happy cruising.

I know its because we're cruising in September, but last July I went on Hotwire and got the IC for $82/night. I know February is much higher, but keep trying multiple sites.

We got our rooms today on hotwire for $151 plus $40 tax. We got https://www.hoteleuro.com/home/1-miami

Looks beautiful and reviews are great. It is just not downtown but I wanted to get this over with. Lol

Bill

We got our rooms today on hotwire for $151 plus $40 tax. We got https://www.hoteleuro.com/home/1-miami

Looks beautiful and reviews are great. It is just not downtown but I wanted to get this over with. Lol

Bill

Whatever you do, don't step foot outside the hotel after dark. I don't know this hotel but it is in a horrible part of town.

I just booked the Homewood Suites Downtown/Brickell for our cruise in December. This is a brand new hotel that opens in November and looks pretty nice. I got it on last minute travel for $110. I'm not sure if they have a shuttle, but its 10 minutes to the port. I've stopped using hotel shuttles, its more hassle than its worth and I'm always too anxious to get to the ship to wait for them. :)

Not sure when you booked it but I would double check the dates. We booked for our pre-cruise as well but now their web site says that they take reservation only after Dec 15.

Not sure when you booked it but I would double check the dates. We booked for our pre-cruise as well but now their web site says that they take reservation only after Dec 15.

I recently noticed the same thing. Have they contacted you to say that they won't be able to honor the reservation? I'm sooo upset about this because it took me forever to decide on a hotel.

We vote for one of the hotels in the Marriott complex. Their shuttle is $10. Very pleasant services, plus their shuttle runs 24/7 from the airport. Very convenient since some stop at 10

Stayed their twice.

Which hotel did you stay at?

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot Downtown before our cruise on 8/22.

We arrived at 9:30am and our room was ready. It was a nice hotel and I would stay there again. The pool area is very nice with lounge chairs and tables. They have a Starbuks as well as a restaurant. We did not eat there so can't comment on the food. Everyone was very nice. There is a 24 hour CVS a block away as well as a Whole Foods. We ate breakfast at Whole Foods which was way less expensive than the hotel. They also had a larger variety of choices. It is close to the People Mover and Bayside Market. We paid approximately $169. There is a taxi stand right across the street. It cost $20.00 which included a very generous tip. This is what we would have paid using the hotel shuttle for four people.

It is better since you leave on your schedule and not theirs. We arrived at the port about 10:30am

Edited by goofygirl64