refurbishment

GOODIES

Chances are the next dry dock will probably be in 2017. As said, maintenance is ongoing, even during cruises. Staff paint, revarnish, replace carpeting, etc. while passengers are onboard. Dry docks are for maintenance that can't be done while the ship is in service: hull scraping and repainting, thrusters cleaned, propellers polished, engines checked and maintained, stabilizers checked, electronics (operational, navigational, entertainment, WiFi) updated, etc. Cabins are deep cleaned as are lounges and theaters.

Unless someone is complaining about hull rust or something like that, they have no idea of how a ship is maintained.

• 1 month later...
For every complaint you see, there are dozens of positive ones. Have you not learned to take the complaints with a (big) grain of salt?

True indeed. Why all the complaining about the Caribbean Princess lately? The ship is not about to fall apart and sink. I was on her right before the last drydock, and I found nothing to complain about. I think maybe a couple of bad reviews have been blown out of proportion.

• 1 month later...

Colo Cruiser,

Were you on the island's TA in the spring to Venice? If so plz let us know how she is after the renos since I see you will be on her again this fall.

We would have loved to bring her back but not enough vaca days. Hoping for retirement soon if not atleast the Carib TA in spring 2016.

We are boarding the CB on Thursday. We are scheduled to stay in port overnight and have been notified that the ship will move to another pier late Thursday night for maintenance. We will be leaving port as scheduled on Friday afternoon. Maintenance is an ongoing operation as it is in large buildings on land.

For an unofficial dry dock schedule:

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule