BVE on Golden Princess 7-11-15

trbarton

Where is Here?

Tom:cool:

Oz.

Isn't Oz somewhere in Kansas near Dorothy? :p

I thought the Australian flag might have given a hint.:p

From your previous posts I eventually figured out that you're in Australia however I do not see the flag nor your location on any of your posts.

Many of us use mobile devices & to conserve viewing space chose to not see signatures where your flag is displayed. I also use the CC version of the Tapatalk app & I chose to not display signatures. The app also does not display any locations we share that are viewable when using the CC forum websites.

So that's why Tom & others like me did not see your Australian flag. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

For some reason every time I put my location in it drops out again so I added the flag to my sig.
But why can't I get my location in???

Hopefully this procedure works to add your location which allows me to display my location on CC forum websites. :)

User CP

Edit Your Details

Optional Information

Save Changes

Edited by Astro Flyer

Hopefully this procedure will work to add your location which allows me to display my location on CC forum websites. :)

User CP

Edit Your Details

Optional Information

Save Changes

Thanks that seems to be what I have been doing, but will try again.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your great photos of the Golden Princess, it appears that Princess have a general theme running through their ships ie the Attriums appear to be very similar on their ships so you have a familiarity about them. Do you know if you are allowed to walk around a complete promenade deck 7/8, are there any restrictions to going to the very front of the boat, it appears that you have to walk up some stairs to get to the rest of the promenade deck (8). When on the Dawn Princess I usually go to deck 10 and go stand out the front of the boat when she is leaving port, they also have several benches and deck chairs to sit on (promenade deck 7). It is great after having a great lunch to be able to do a couple of rounds of the promenade deck and then to just sit down and watch the world go by, this will be a great position to be in when sailing to the islands.:):)

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your great photos of the Golden Princess, it appears that Princess have a general theme running through their ships ie the Attriums appear to be very similar on their ships so you have a familiarity about them. Do you know if you are allowed to walk around a complete promenade deck 7/8, are there any restrictions to going to the very front of the boat, it appears that you have to walk up some stairs to get to the rest of the promenade deck (8). When on the Dawn Princess I usually go to deck 10 and go stand out the front of the boat when she is leaving port, they also have several benches and deck chairs to sit on (promenade deck 7). It is great after having a great lunch to be able to do a couple of rounds of the promenade deck and then to just sit down and watch the world go by, this will be a great position to be in when sailing to the islands.:):)

Yes you can walk all the way around the promenade deck and up stairs to get to the pointy bit. Those stairs are closed at sunset and reopened in the morning. Its a ship not a boat. ;)

At pier 27?

All I saw is a bunch of chairs full of people with no place to sit at 11:45. No coffee, juice or snacks like at other ports.

In pier 27 upstairs, there are refreshments against the east end wall in the P&E lounge area. No carving station or soft serve thou :-)

Edited by MTJSR

Hi To Cool Cruiser,

Thanks for the information about the Promenade Deck on Golden Princess. I wondered about being allowed right at the very pointy end as it could get a bit rough out there. From a distance it reminds me of a bird's beak.

You must excuse my ignorance as to whether it is a ship or boat, I guess you have been at sea for quite a while, maybe it is an American thing, I just know it is a lot bigger that the one we have in the back yard and that I am sure is called a boat.

My great great great grandfather was transported to Australia on a 'Hulk' and from the pictures I have seen of that type of vessel, I don't think it would have been a very pleasant experience. It took us 5 weeks to sail to Australia, not sure how long it took him in the early 1800's.

Best wishes :):)

Hi To Cool Cruiser,

Thanks for the information about the Promenade Deck on Golden Princess. I wondered about being allowed right at the very pointy end as it could get a bit rough out there. From a distance it reminds me of a bird's beak.

You must excuse my ignorance as to whether it is a ship or boat, I guess you have been at sea for quite a while, maybe it is an American thing, I just know it is a lot bigger that the one we have in the back yard and that I am sure is called a boat.

My great great great grandfather was transported to Australia on a 'Hulk' and from the pictures I have seen of that type of vessel, I don't think it would have been a very pleasant experience. It took us 5 weeks to sail to Australia, not sure how long it took him in the early 1800's.

Some get touchy about the boat v ship issue.

My GG grandfather may have bought yours out, and yeah doesn't that look like fun, months and months in those barks. The first fleet took about eight months.

I can't figure out why anyone would want BVE if they were already on the cruise.

They want to get to the Sanctuary first to reserve for the cruise or want to go to the Purser's desk first to sign up for the UST or want to go to the specialty restaurants first to sign up for a day and time, etc.

Hi To Cool Cruiser,

Yes, you can walk completely forward to the bow of the ship. The area is called the "Whale's mouth." It's fully covered and a great place to watch wildlife. I've seen plenty whales from that area of the ship, too. :)

There are no chairs or benches in that area and it can be quite windy.

In pier 27 upstairs, there are refreshments against the east end wall in the P&E lounge area. No carving station or soft serve thou :-)

Thanks for the correction. We've been there 4 times and have never seen it. I guess timing is everything, as there's always just been a crush of people there.

Edited by Nancyquilts